Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

I have bought my dad a birthday present and entered the Louisiana DMV's number into my phone in preparation to call them tomorrow about my registration transfer. Seriously, they cashed that check well over a month ago, and I haven't heard a single word in all that time. So, I might as well give them a call. Not looking forward to it, but oh well. 

I think I have also perfected chocolate butterbeer. The key is to add half as much cocoa powder as you do brown sugar, and to add it after you've already got the butter and brown sugar blended into caramel. That way the chocolate complements the caramel flavor, instead of overwhelming it. :ph34r: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

4 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

First Gravity Falls, now Steven Universe. Why couldn't I have awesome cartoons back in my childhood?

(Okay, there was Batman Beyond and W.I.T.C.H. but that's about it)

You must not have watched Arthur. :P #PBSKidsunite #evenifyouwerentaPBSKidbychoice #becausethatwasallyourparentsletyouwatch 

Finished the first season of Steven Universe. I think it's the first time I've seen Power Of Love be so literal and so badchull at kicking chull. And it's not it's usual incarnation.

Also, you know how sometimes in cartoons there are songs? Surprisingly to myself, some are memorable and quite good.

Edited by Oversleep

I've been thinking. At comic conventions, people dress up as their favorite characters and often even act like them throughout the event. Well, why not extend this to the Democratic and Republican conventions? People could dress up as their favorite politicians and debate each other as them. I'm sure it'd be a hit.

I've got a problem: my car has no cd player. Because I didn't want to do an entire Stereo overhaul, I recently went to the store to find out how much a cd player and wall outlet - cigarette adapter would cost. 

$70. Anyone have any idea on how a guy with no income can quickly swing 70?

53 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

I've got a problem: my car has no cd player. Because I didn't want to do an entire Stereo overhaul, I recently went to the store to find out how much a cd player and wall outlet - cigarette adapter would cost. 

Due you have a mp3 player of some kind? If you do, there might be a cheaper solution to listening to music in your car.

2 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Not one with built in speakers. Driving with headphones on is illegal.

It is, but there are ways to hook it up to your car stereo, like if there is an AUX port.

Also, they make devices that plug into your cigarette lighter that transmit the music from the player through FM radio waves.

1 minute ago, Orlion Determined said:

It is, but there are ways to hook it up to your car stereo, like if there is an AUX port.

Also, they make devices that plug into your cigarette lighter that transmit the music from the player through FM radio waves.

It's CDs that I need though. Audio books.

28 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

It's CDs that I need though. Audio books.

If you have CDs and a computer with a disc drive, you can "rip" the CDs to the PC as MP3 files and then load them onto a music player of your choice.

Alternatively, if your car has a slot in which to stick a USB drive, you can put the MP3 files on a USB stick and plug it into your car. That's what I do for music; it means I never have to worry about the radio cutting out when I go on longer trips.

Edited by Sunbird

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

If you have a cassette player, that can get you possibly 140 tapes from thrift stores.

6 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Just do what I do when I need money: sit on a street corner playing guitar at a moderate volume, with your guitar case or a hat in front of you, and people will throw money in there eventually.

35 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

!!!!! 

loved that show. I was so sad when they cancelled it, but the finale was fantastic. 

Did anyone else watch Static Shock

I don't think I ever saw the finale! I was stopped watching TV at some point before then. How many seasons were there, I might do a rewatch. 

I just finished my 4th re-read of the Wheel of Time. Now I do not know what to do with my time. I think I might re-read Stormlight as I haven't in a while (I think I last read it just before Shadows of Self came out). I was planning on starting something new after WoT but now I'm kind of feeling something familiar, thoughts?

Just now, Iron Eyes said:

I just finished my 4th re-read of the Wheel of Time. Now I do not know what to do with my time. I think I might re-read Stormlight as I haven't in a while (I think I last read it just before Shadows of Self came out). I was planning on starting something new after WoT but now I'm kind of feeling something familiar, thoughts?

The Kingkiller Chronicle by Pat Rothfuss.

Sanderson's Warbreaker is also excellent. I have it on PDF from Brandon's site, if you want it.

Edited by bleeder

11 hours ago, Oversleep said:

First Gravity Falls, now Steven Universe. Why couldn't I have awesome cartoons back in my childhood?

(Okay, there was Batman Beyond and W.I.T.C.H. but that's about it)

8 hours ago, Delightful said:

Kim Possible? That's was my favourite. 

Those are both shows I vaguely remember growing up. Never watched W.I.T.C.H (though I'll admit to some curiosity) but I did see some Kim Possible, and, um...

...Okay, I admit it. I felt really embarrassed for liking it at the time? Bear in mind, I was in my early teens, and already really self-conscious and embarrassed by the fact that I preferred female leas. And while I wouldn't describe Kim Possible as a girls show -not at all!- at the time, I was too embarrassed to admit I liked it?

I do sort of want to catch up on it now that I'm older and wiser though. And obviously, I've gotten over my embarrassment slightly, which is why I'm currently watching Jem and the Holograms:ph34r: