If you lived on Roshar, where would you live?

Atkion

Honestly, probably Shinovar.

Pre-Everstorm...

There have been hints that the Shin culture might not be exactly what we've seen of them so far, but still. Practically no highstorms? Soil? Who could ask for a better place to live?

Anywhere other than Vorin lands -  a left-handed woman may find living there just a tad problematic. Maybe Horneater Peaks? They sound like a pleasant enough place, the culture's nice, and Voidbringers could have problems getting there if the place is as cold as it's said to be.

Hope you do better than: 

Kelsier.. XD

Well, keep in mind that this guy had the disadvantage of

being dead already and thus hurt-able by Hoid

whereas Voidus is still alive and thus included in Hoid's thou-shall-not-hurt clause... unless there's something we don't know about Voidus...  :ph34r:

Anywhere other than Vorin lands - a left-handed woman may find living there just a tad problematic. Maybe Horneater Peaks? They sound like a pleasant enough place, the culture's nice, and Voidbringers could have problems getting there if the place is as cold as it's said to be.

Do you really want to eat chull heads, though?

I'd still probably pick the peaks though, or maybe Shinovar. We don't know quite enough about their culture though.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

Do you really want to eat chull heads, though?

I'd still probably pick the peaks though, or maybe Shinovar. We don't know quite enough about their culture though.

jW

You know, where I live, among local delicacies are soured milk and animal entrails*, so I think I'll survive horneater cuisine.  ;)  And frankly, I'm quite apprehensive of Shinovar. You know this feeling, when the characters in a novel or TV series arrive in a small town and you immediately know that there's a dark, dark secret and there'll be corpses falling out of every closet in not-too-distant future? The kind of feeling you get when you're almost certain everyone is member of a cannibal cult, or worships the devil, or houses a witch's corpse or something along those lines? I feel like Shinovar is this small town upgraded to an entire nation.

* I am not kidding you

Jah Keved or Alethkar. Become a despotic warlord (by deposing the previous one) and fortify the blazes out of the place. Make a fabrial that explodes (is nuclearspren too much overkill or should I settle for bazookaspren?) and dare the voidbringers to come at me. Then sit back and enjoy the desolation. 

Maybe have my engineers work on a fabrial that can increase the draw weight on a longbow without needing powerlifters to use it = Shardbow free for all! Spears tipped with firespren for those pesky non rock voidbringers. Shields that had the repulsion field like Navani was playing around with to make that floating fort. Crazy thought, was that how they made half shards? Could get some seriously pimped out darkeye cannon fodder going if we mass produce this madness. 

Soulcast a loose cotton weave shirt into steel for instant tailored chainmail. Add in a pain blocking and rage inducing fabrial and you've got the closest thing to berserkers around, the perfect shock troops for when those ten foot tall baddies come knocking.

Maybe for this to work I'd have to kidnap Navani. There's a lot of engineering to be done. Don't see how this plan could backfire at all, it is clearly foolproof... 

But anyway, we rescue enough people and the Radiants are going to have to show up to help out eventually. Convince said Radiants that saving people is the honourable path I've burdened myself with to avoid developing a case of "burnt out eyes."

EDIT: There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

Maybe Thaylenah( sorry about the spelling, I'm sure it's wrong). It's a wealthy nation, and isn't as conflict torn as Alethkar and Jah Kaved.

I might be willing to go for Herdaz, but I don't know enough about the place yet. I don't think I'd like most of the western kingdoms, and the strict caste and war based society of Alethkar wouldn't work for me.

I am a bright eyes, so if I got thrown into Roshar, that would be useful, but I also lack the epicanthic folds so I'd still stick out.

EDIT: There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload."

+1 for that. Maxim 37 is the best Maxim (for maximally effective mercenaries). 

Urithiru, obviously. Try and figure out if off-worlders can bond spren. 

If Urithiru is out, I'd keep my options open. My eyes are the border between light eyes and dark eyes - if they're light enough to be considered lighteyes, then I'd probably go to a Vorin kingdom. I have training in engineering, can teach unarmed combat, and geek out about military theory, so I'd probably make myself invaluable ASAP to the Kholin family... (And thus increase my chances of bonding a spren. Because seriously, Stormlight healing is the best healing.)

But would not conserving ammunition against enemies on the individual level not allow you to more effectively slaughter more people and thus "overkill" (there's no verb for this storm it) the army as a whole more easily?

Shinovar sounds like a relatively nice place.

Edited by natc