Swear filter

Stormgate

In Calamity, it is revealed that David has a swear filter on his mobile. For example, *crap* (not crap) comes out as koala. Would the all-powerful Staff of the Shard be willing to adapt the Shard's swear filter to match David's filter?

storming storm of motherstormer badass.

Cosmere filter gets along with exclamations some Sharders like to use like "Stormfather!" or "Colours' sake".

Edit: wat? I thought badass turns to badchull!

Edit2:
Allomantic iron
Allomantic steel
Allomantic atium

Feruchemical iron
Feruchemical steel

Edited by Oversleep

storming storm of motherstormer badass.

Cosmere filter gets along with exclamations some Sharders like to use like "Stormfather!" or "Colours' sake".

Edit: wat? I thought badass turns to badchull!

The filter doesn't recognize the profanity when combined with other words. So BadA- isn't recognized, but A- is, and will be turned to chull.

Yes, some Sharder, like myself, do just go straight for the Sanderson profanity, and it isn't the word filter.

Edited by Blaze1616

Yes, some Sharder, like myself, do just go straight for the Sanderson profanity, and it isn't the word filter.

yes, yes we do...

How difficult would it be to make sharders be able to choose their own swear filter? like, in the settings, you can go and change your swear filter from 17th shard to Scadrial era 2 or reckonerverse mobile

yes, yes we do...

How difficult would it be to make sharders be able to choose their own swear filter? like, in the settings, you can go and change your swear filter from 17th shard to Scadrial era 2 or reckonerverse mobile

If it isn't done in two years I am gonna do it for the project at university or something XD

• 2 weeks later...

Just testing to see what happens. (Does it say something about me that I didn't actually realize there was a swear filter on this site until a couple weeks ago?)

storm

rust

chull

I didn't realize it either; I just thought people were using Sanderson profanity because it's the Sanderson fansite... Now I have to stop myself from using Sanderson profanity in real life around people who wouldn't understand it. XD

We should try to spread cosmere/non-cosmere profanity by using it in real life, and when someone asks we play it off like it was new slang. I imagine if this were successful Brandon would be very happy. 

Just pointing out that the swear filter does not apply to email updates if you follow a topic. Admins, you may wish to take note of that. Also, the fact that people want to able to apply a filter to their profanity instead of simply typing "sparks" bothers me for some odd reason I can't quite put my finger on. You dagblats.

Just pointing out that the swear filter does not apply to email updates if you follow a topic. Admins, you may wish to take note of that. Also, the fact that people want to able to apply a filter to their profanity instead of simply typing "sparks" bothers me for some odd reason I can't quite put my finger on. You dagblats.

18364.JPG

Hmm, didn't know about this either... I've been using badchull for a while, but...

Chullhat? Serious?

Thing that bugs me about the filter, though:

a i r o n

autocorrects to

Allomantic iron

Also, I think most people just type the sanderson words out...

Edited by Gargoyle