Random Stuff VII: The Admins Awaken

Young Bard

Discworld fae-kind.  They're tiny blue Scottish fairies who were kicked out of Fairyland for being too rowdy.  They think they're dead and in heaven.  Lots of shenanigans are involved.

It's from Pratchett's young adult Tiffany Aching books.

I have not read Discworld. Though I know I should….

I was certain there was a blasphemy Terry Pratchett quote that I could make and sound witty. So I looked up 'Terry Pratchett blasphemy', and the first result was this. I really, really hope this is satire.

Edited by The Young Bard

Yes.  Yes, you should.  Though even I will admit that Discworld is best taken in rationed doses; I'm not sure how much of that stuff someone could binge-read and still maintain their sanity.

I was certain there was a blasphemy Terry Pratchett quote that I could make and sound witty. So I looked up 'Terry Pratchett blasphemy', and the first result was this. I really hope this is satire.

Even if it isn't, the comments are comedy gold.

Well, folks, I've bought my JordanCon membership and my plane ticket to Atlanta.  In April, I shall be going to the place where they Sing the Song of our People.

Yes.  Yes, you should.  Though even I will admit that Discworld is best taken in rationed doses; I'm not sure how much of that stuff someone could binge-read and still maintain their sanity.

Even if it isn't, the comments are comedy gold.

Well, folks, I've bought my JordanCon membership and my plane ticket to Atlanta.  In April, I shall be going to the place where they Sing the Song of our People.

But I thought the Tinkers never found their song... :P

Actually, do you mind elaborating? I have no idea what the Song of our People is - I don't remember anything about it.

Edited by The Young Bard

I should get the Reckoners trilogy for my Kindle this week.  I have a friend who's going to be running a game in that world next month.  Though apparently we'll all be playing Reckoners, and not doing crazy things like deliberately going out and trying to destroy Oregon.

Are you planing on making us jealus. :ph34r: Although, playing as Reckoners could be fun, even if it would require a good deal of prior set up from both the GM and the party... unless you feel like playing week if not months of reconnaissance.

See, there are other people trying to tell you you should read those. Go ahead, I'm sure you'll be great friends with Death. :ph34r:

I just finished Calamity, thought the ending where it turned out Calamity was actually a giant jellybean was pretty clever and eating him to rid the world of corruption was a nice touch.

Oh yeah, sorry spoilers. Maybe. Or maybe not. Guess you'll have to read it to find out.  :ph34r:

I just finished Calamity, thought the ending where it turned out Calamity was actually a giant jellybean was pretty clever and eating him to rid the world of corruption was a nice touch.

Oh yeah, sorry spoilers. Maybe. Or maybe not. Guess you'll have to read it to find out.  :ph34r:

"You'll never defeat me," Calamity gloated,"for I am black licorice flavor!"

"I like black licorice."

"...son of a mangy mutt!"

"You'll never defeat me," Calamity gloated,"for I am black licorice flavor!"

"I like black licorice."

"...son of a mangy mutt!"

If only he had allied with an Epic who could turn him into banana flavoured. No one likes artificial banana flavour.

If only he had allied with an Epic who could turn him into banana flavoured. No one likes artificial banana flavour.

*sheepishly raises hand*

I actually do like artificial banana flavor. Did you know that the flavor is based on an actual breed of banana that is very nearly extinct? (something similar is true for artificial grape, though concord grapes aren't as close to extinction)

*sheepishly raises hand*

I actually do like artificial banana flavor. Did you know that the flavor is based on an actual breed of banana that is very nearly extinct? (something similar is true for artificial grape, though concord grapes aren't as close to extinction)

And thus you have revealed that you are actually an alien intent on conquering earth.

Bleeeech. I prefer my flavors natural, thank you very much. Nature provides so much deliciousness; why fix what ain't broken? 

Agreed, though I make an exception for strawberry and chocolate, natural cocoa is actually not that great and while strawberries are nice I generally prefer artificial strawberry to the genuine article.

Agreed, though I make an exception for strawberry and chocolate, natural cocoa is actually not that great and while strawberries are nice I generally prefer artificial strawberry to the genuine article.

Natural cocoa with sugar and milk is delicious. Strawberries can be enhanced with sugar or cool whip, but I still prefer the real McCoy. 

About a third of the way through Calamity now. And I have RL business to attend to. <_< So I won't finish it as quickly as I'd like. 

Natural cocoa with sugar and milk is delicious. Strawberries can be enhanced with sugar or cool whip, but I still prefer the real McCoy. 

About a third of the way through Calamity now. And I have RL business to attend to. <_< So I won't finish it as quickly as I'd like. 

But I need someone to finish it so I can talk about it.  :( 

Why can't RL ever understand that sometimes you just need to read a book?

But I need someone to finish it so I can talk about it.  :( 

Why can't RL ever understand that sometimes you just need to read a book?

For the same reason my mom can't understand that you shouldn't bully your offspring into divulging how much money they have in their bank accounts. :angry: 

You know what? I'm this close to not calling her Mom anymore. She needs an Epic name. 

Me and my ex best friend named her horrible mother Stina, it wasnt her name, she just didnt deserve being called by her actual one.

May I suggest Annoyazord?

Promising. :ph34r:

How about something biblical like Delilah or Jezebel?

No, those two were….well, you know how they were. Is there anyone annoying, overpowering, and matronly? 

Hmmm….maybe I'll go Potterverse and call her and my dad Bellatrix and Rodolphus. 

Also, HAH! No expenses associated with the drug test or physical, which is what she'd warned about! If I had to hazard a guess, she'd been counting on it as an excuse to get me to give up on this! And she was wrong! MAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

But I thought the Tinkers never found their song... :P

Actually, do you mind elaborating? I have no idea what the Song of our People is - I don't remember anything about it.

It's just a joke, referring to the fact that JordanCon has an entire Sanderson track in its programming lineup (and Brandon's a guest almost every year).  I've heard stories of people in Mistborn cosplay flinging pennies down empty hallways and such.  Mostly I'm just surprised that there aren't more Sharders who go to this con, because it sounds like they're more or less Our People.

Also, there's this, where I pulled the "Song of our people" joke from, though this may not be the origin.

Are you planing on making us jealus. :ph34r: Although, playing as Reckoners could be fun, even if it would require a good deal of prior set up from both the GM and the party... unless you feel like playing week if not months of reconnaissance.

Maybe.  :D  I'm sure we'll wreak a little mayhem.  It'll be good times.

Bleeeech. I prefer my flavors natural, thank you very much. Nature provides so much deliciousness; why fix what ain't broken? 

Except raspberry.  Natural raspberry tastes like candy, which is kind of disgusting coming from a fruit.

So I have almost 6000 words now in my Thousand Realms Master Worldbuilding document, and I still haven't even gotten to the theoretical basis of mortal magic or godly powers. And after that, there's still an entire cosmological history to revise and insert (the original is great as far as it goes, but some of the underlying structure has changed since then, and it needs to be updated to reflect that).

I begin to wonder if I am going overboard with this...

Nah. I'm just getting started. After I finish this, Edassa is next.

I'm actually getting very close to where I think I can start my worldbuilding thread. That's equal parts exciting and terrifying... :ph34r:

But that's my point. "Artificial" flavors taste like actual, naturally occurring things. They're only artificial in the way they are obtained.

Also, waiting miserably for work to finish so I can go grab Calamity and start reading it...

Edited by Blaze1616