hoidhunter

So...I'm just wondering...has anyone been able to get any insight or information from Brandon or Peter about the character Felt?  Or...does anyone have any interesting theories they would care to discuss regarding his identity?

Here's all that I've got so far...

What we know for sure:

Felt is a spy from UrteauScadrial.

He is described as lithe and short with a hawkish face and a drooping moustache.[1] He is one of the main spies for House Venture. He spies on Kelsier's crew's hideout and reports to Elend that they are a well-funded, competent skaa thieving crew.[1]

Elend employs Felt again during the Siege of Luthadel to figure out how the city was being infiltrated. He interrogates the refugees entering the city and the people running the Luthadel passwalls before searching the river and determining that someone had pried the grates free to create their own entrance into the city. Before that, Felt had not had much work as a spy, and is enjoying the tasks he has been given during the siege.[2]

During the Siege of Fadrex City, Felt is assigned to watch the Lord Ruler's storage cavern in the east. [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felt is an Alethi scout on the Shattered Plains who reports to Lyn during the Battle of Narak.

Felt and Shim are sent scouting the surrounding plains prior to the Battle of Narak.[1]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...Coppermind lists these as being two separate characters...but I find it hard to believe that Brandon would have given two different characters the same name accidentally.  

While it is not specifically named as being Felt, one of the two scouts who return to the command tent gives Shallan the hint that she needs in order to find the oathgate.

Supposing that Felt is in fact a worldhopper...I don't believe that he is tied in with 17th shard...for one...he's not with the other three we see at the purelake.  #2, he is using the same name that he used on scadrail instead of trying to hide his identity. 

What do you all think?

The earliest discussion on Felt I could find was this from 2014. There was also, of course, your first theory post later that year. I don't think we've had much progress in getting Brandon to comment on that character since then, though. For obvious reasons it's very hard to look for him in the Theoryland database, so maybe I just missed something.

We listed them as two seperate characters because the only proof we have that they aren't is the shared name! Got nothing else on him/them. I've tried asking Brandon about Felt before on Reddit, but he ignored that question in favour of one of my others, so I get the feeling he's keeping that one to himself. Or at least, he was in mid-2015.

Isn't there a long armed Bridgeman in Kals crew?

Could he be Terris? Seems he's always being mentioned as "Long armed" by several different characters..?

BTW You sir... are insanely observant!! +1

Why, I'm glad you make this observation about Drehy! This is a pet theory of mine as well. Feel free to check out the topic I started on it. After much debate I still believe!

Upvotes to Bambam, WEZ and Titan...

After seeing the "Terris Bridgeman" pointed out a while ago...I paid close attention on a reread of Stormlight Archive...and I'm in total agreement.  

Aside from his physical description...there is a scene where he talks with Shallan...and the mannerism seem spot on as well...

• 3 months later...

Hey - just wanted to let you know that I asked Brandon about this at his Q&A at JordanCon and he confirmed that the two are the same person!

He told me some other stuff about him too for speculation. I made a new post about it because I didn't want it to get buried: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/54145-news-on-felt-the-worldhopper/

I imagine that last part being them slowly turning towards the camera, slow, creepy smiles creeping up on their lips, the whites of their teeth filling the screen until nothing is left but pure, horrifying whiteness. 

• Chaos locked this topic