Random Stuff VI The Return of the Admins

Zathoth

Wait... solution!

Everyone downvote each other until our reputations have been inverted then we'll just use downvotes as upvotes. Someone's going to need to downvote Kobold about 20,000 times.

*sees upvote button*

AHAHAA GLORIOUS DAY SUCH WONDER AND JOY AND LOVE AND THE UNIVERSE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL AND-

*clicks*

QUOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anigif_enhanced-28545-1396991451-24.gif

Stop posting cute things I want to upvote!!

*Froths at mouth again*

Darn, I was hoping I could get him to - and no one would notice :P

Wait... solution!

Everyone downvote each other until our reputations have been inverted then we'll just use downvotes as upvotes. Someone's going to need to downvote Kobold about 20,000 times.

You think you're joking about inverting things, but...

Also, if you're curious, the quota is 10 upvotes, 2 downvotes.

You think you're joking about inverting things, but...

Also, if you're curious, the quota is 10 upvotes, 2 downvotes.

So it would take approximately 15 days of everybody downvoting Kobold to get him to 0?

10 upvotes seems pretty slim for those of us who visit multiple boards. As a suggestion is there any way to limit the quota to a per-subforum basis? That way things like the social guilds, Random stuff and RPs don't generate dozens of upvotes but it gives a bit more leeway for people who jump around a bit more.

So it would take approximately 15 days of everybody downvoting Kobold to get him to 0?

10 upvotes seems pretty slim for those of us who visit multiple boards. As a suggestion is there any way to limit the quota to a per-subforum basis? That way things like the social guilds, Random stuff and RPs don't generate dozens of upvotes but it gives a bit more leeway for people who jump around a bit more.

Sadly, no.

Also, why take days when it can take mere seconds?

The goal is to have all reputation be more scarce and mean something. The exact number may need some tweaking, but the previous cap of "upvote all the things and you'll never worry about the cap" is not going to be a thing any longer.

The goal is to have all reputation be more scarce and mean something. The exact number may need some tweaking, but the previous cap of "upvote all the things and you'll never worry about the cap" is not going to be a thing any longer.

I just wish there was a way to incentivize upvoting actual theories rather than just amusing jokes, I feel like the main problem is that humor is upvoted disproportionately to actual hard work and effort. I feel like this will mostly just cause grief as people will probably still just upvote whatever but then hit their quota and give up for the day.  :unsure: Still be a good idea to test though I suppose.

EDIT:

Also I'm somewhat insulted that -9000 doesn't have a better title. Can't I be a chasmfiend corpse or something?  :P

Edited by Voidus

I just wish there was a way to incentivize upvoting actual theories rather than just amusing jokes, I feel like the main problem is that humor is upvoted disproportionately to actual hard work and effort. I feel like this will mostly just cause grief as people will probably still just upvote whatever but then hit their quota and give up for the day.  :unsure: Still be a good idea to test though I suppose.

EDIT:

Also I'm somewhat insulted that -9000 doesn't have a better title. Can't I be a chasmfiend corpse or something?  :P

You are entirely correct on that note.

Hey, Zucchini is one of our most hated members that we banned. :P

We do need to add more negative reps. (No, you can't create an account to downvote bomb it to discover them.) We're thinking of adding Alaxel's many usernames to that list.

If you ever get banned in a spectacular manner, you too might be a negative reputation level on the site!

You are entirely correct on that note.

Hey, Zucchini is one of our most hated members that we banned. :P

We do need to add more negative reps. (No, you can't create an account to downvote bomb it to discover them.) We're thinking of adding Alaxel's many usernames to that list.

If you ever get banned in a spectacular manner, you too might be a negative reputation level on the site!

I already take the souls of newcomers and bake spikes into cookies, how much more of a negative reputation could I possibly get?

*Reminisces over actual negative rep posters*

Ok, I still have a long way to go.

Like you said though, they are arbitrary internet points. If you are going to limit it so much you might as well have a like button. It would work the same way.

Except having cool titles is way cooler.

The "like" system with no downvotes is, in my opinion, not a useful methodology for a reputation system, and I'd rather just remove the system entirely.

Additionally, though it is possible for us to move to a "Like" system, that removes anonymity, which I think is also important.

I kinda want to go back to it now. :P

Well I screenshotted my negative 9000 Zucchini rank while I could so that's lucky I guess.

NegaRep_zpsddtoifit.png

You have 60 seconds.

Time's up.

Edited by Rubix
Timer ran out.