To any and all diagrammists who were trying to kill me, I don't think that you have to try again. I have already nearly died from a heart attack.

I think that it's time to give out some information because I am so scared and I want to give you guys the most info to win as possible.

I am an assassin. These are the results of my tracking.

Cycle 1: Elkanah targeted Maill

Cycle 2: Polking targeted PK

Cycle 3: No tracking

Cycle 4: Lightsworn Panda targeted Lopen

Cycle 5: Elkanah targeted Adavantos

Cycle 6: Bort targeted Zas

Cycle 7: No tracking

Cycle 8: Twei targeted Adavantos

Elkanah is an edgedancer who protected Maill cycle 1 through progression and learned Kipper's identity through friction.

Polking might be nearly anything but here are my best guesses:

• edgedancer
  • lightweaver
  • Assassin
  • Artifabrian

Lightsworn Panda I think is an artifabrian who ruined Lopen's scan cycle 4 and just recently sacrificed themselves for Polking, making me think that he is a KR.

Bort targeted Zas and he promptly died, indicating that he was a cook.

Tony Shark was my captain and created a PM with me near the beginning. In the PM, he claimed to me that he was indeed an artifabrian. The last time that he contacted me was during cycle 5 when we were chatting about his marching band. The only other time that we communicated was in cycle 2 when he initially contacted me and claimed artifabrian. I didn't explicitly claim assassin at that point but I did leave enough context for him to deduce it. Thing is, Tony is the only one that I had contact with and I don't think that I gave enough context in the discussion to be known as an assassin. I think that Tony is a diagrammist. I believe that he told the rest of the diagrammists and they just thought that they would eliminate me to try to prevent me from giving you my findings like Aonar suggested.

I did as suggested and found that Twei had targeted Ada last cycle. Now there are a few possibilities as to who they are.

Possibility #1: Twei is either an edgedancer or surgeon and she protected Ada

Possibility #2: Twei is a lightweaver and used transformation to change Ada's cook kill to Panda

Possibility #3: Twei is an assassin like me and was trying to get information like me

I am leaning towards possibility #1. I believe that Twei is one of the ghostblood surgeons.

At this point, I think that Tony and Twei are both diagrammists and polking is a KR.

Twelthrootoftwo

Edited by Kynedath

Possibility #2: Twei is a lightweaver and used transformation to change Ada's cook kill to Panda

Since there have been multiple comments about Illumination working incorrectly, I'm going to clear that up right now.

Illumination takes a random action that is affecting a person and redirects it to the person of the Lightweaver's choice.

Example: Meta is a Cook and targets Gamma. Kas is a Surgeon and tries to protect Gamma. Maill is a Lightweaver and he uses Illumination on Gamma, redirecting an action from Gamma to Alvron. At the end of the cycle, I will flip a coin to decide if the kill or the protection is illuminated. If the coin comes down with the kill, Meta ends up trying to kill Alvron, and Kas protects Gamma. If the coin comes down with the Surgeon, Kas protects Alv and Meta kills Gamma.

If Maill were to target Meta, he would not pull the Cook kill. If no one uses any action on Meta, the Illumination does nothing. The only way that Illumination works is if someone targets the person you're illuminating an action from.

Basically, this second scenario is impossible.

Carry on. :)

To any and all diagrammists who were trying to kill me, I don't think that you have to try again. I have already nearly died from a heart attack.

I think that it's time to give out some information because I am so scared and I want to give you guys the most info to win as possible.

Elkanah is an edgedancer who protected Maill cycle 1 through progression and learned Kipper's identity through friction.

• edgedancer
  • lightweaver
  • Assassin
  • Artifabrian

Lightsworn Panda I think is an artifabrian who ruined Lopen's scan cycle 4 and just recently sacrificed themselves for Polking, making me think that he is a KR.

Tony Shark was my captain and created a PM with me near the beginning. In the PM, he claimed to me that he was indeed an artifabrian. The last time that he contacted me was during cycle 5 when we were chatting about his marching band. The only other time that we communicated was in cycle 2 when he initially contacted me and claimed artifabrian. I didn't explicitly claim assassin at that point but I did leave enough context for him to deduce it. Thing is, Tony is the only one that I had contact with and I don't think that I gave enough context in the discussion to be known as an assassin. I think that Tony is a diagrammist. I believe that he told the rest of the diagrammists and they just thought that they would eliminate me to try to prevent me from giving you my findings like Aonar suggested.

I did as suggested and found that Twei had targeted Ada last cycle. Now there are a few possibilities as to who they are.

Possibility #3: Twei is an assassin like me and was trying to get information like me

I am leaning towards possibility #1. I believe that Twei is one of the ghostblood surgeons.

At this point, I think that Tony and Twei are both diagrammists and polking is a KR.

Twelthrootoftwo

And the plot thickens! ;)

Since there have been multiple comments about Illumination working incorrectly, I'm going to clear that up right now.

Illumination takes a random action that is affecting a person and redirects it to the person of the Lightweaver's choice.

Example: Meta is a Cook and targets Gamma. Kas is a Surgeon and tries to protect Gamma. Maill is a Lightweaver and he uses Illumination on Gamma, redirecting an action from Gamma to Alvron. At the end of the cycle, I will flip a coin to decide if the kill or the protection is illuminated. If the coin comes down with the kill, Meta ends up trying to kill Alvron, and Kas protects Gamma. If the coin comes down with the Surgeon, Kas protects Alv and Meta kills Gamma.

If Maill were to target Meta, he would not pull the Cook kill. If no one uses any action on Meta, the Illumination does nothing. The only way that Illumination works is if someone targets the person you're illuminating an action from.

True, illumination can't target the person doing the action, but they could have targeted Polking trying to protect him because they thought that he was Ada's target. But yes I concede that twei couldn't do it by targeting Ada.

Everyone please ignore possibility #2

Thanks for the clarification Wilson!

Totally weird that Panda, a player who has rarely posted, would Artifabriate a player who for sure hasn't posted once this entire game in a cycle she was barely online and that a lot of people agreed was evil, though, isn't it? I'm more inclined to believe this was shenanigans with Illumination but why on earth a Lightweaver would redirect a random action from polking to panda I hardly understand.

• edgedancer
  • lightweaver
  • Assassin
  • Artifabrian

Tony Shark was my captain and created a PM with me near the beginning. In the PM, he claimed to me that he was indeed an artifabrian. The last time that he contacted me was during cycle 5 when we were chatting about his marching band. The only other time that we communicated was in cycle 2 when he initially contacted me and claimed artifabrian. I didn't explicitly claim assassin at that point but I did leave enough context for him to deduce it. Thing is, Tony is the only one that I had contact with and I don't think that I gave enough context in the discussion to be known as an assassin. I think that Tony is a diagrammist. I believe that he told the rest of the diagrammists and they just thought that they would eliminate me to try to prevent me from giving you my findings like Aonar suggested.

I did as suggested and found that Twei had targeted Ada last cycle. Now there are a few possibilities as to who they are.

Twelthrootoftwo

All right. I'm kind of surprised this hadn't come out in the last two cycles. I've tried to pretend that few people knew my role because I wanted to believe I'd win as out team's surviving KR.

My actions have been:

1 protect Maill

2 protect Maill

3 friction Kipper

4 friction Ada

5 friction Feligon

6 friction Lopen

7 protect Kynedath

I didn't want Maill to die early again. Especially since he was my captain and my only access to a pm.

Kipper claimed to a runner on cycle 3 and then died. That's when I first hinted art my role in thread.

Ada had no pm activity that cycle, but the next cycle, Clanky claimed to have been in contact with Aavantos for some time and to have protected him.

Feligon claimed to someone. I'll leave it up to who they have trusted to reveal.

I almost wet my pants laughing so hard at Lopen's pm. It was mostly discussing how to trick me into claiming in case I read his pm the following cycle.

My gut feeling last night was to protect Lopen, but for admittedly faction based reasons, I protected Kynedath because I thought he was the second most likely to get hit because of how helpful he's been in the thread. I guess I chose right.

I'm suspicious of Clanky for reasons above. I don't know how that changes now though with the information that someone else may have protected him.

I also am wary of feligon because we haven't found someone of his role to be a diagrammist yet and I'd guess that they'd have one.

I tend to lean towards pk is good.

I trust Kynedath.

As much as I was ready to lynch Lopen when I read his pm, I think he's village sided. Even if he is misguided enough to be a ghost blood.;)

Oh and adavantos is definitely bad.

My gut feeling last night was to protect Lopen, but for admittedly faction based reasons, I protected Kynedath because I thought he was the second most likely to get hit because of how helpful he's been in the thread. I guess I chose right.

I trust Kynedath.

Awww, thanks bud.

I'll go with voting for Twei. I find it more than likely that she was the one to protect Adavantos. And since we can't successfully kill Ada until the lynch protection is gone, if like to get that out of the way.

Edited by Seonid

All right. I'm kind of surprised this hadn't come out in the last two cycles. I've tried to pretend that few people knew my role because I wanted to believe I'd win as out team's surviving KR.

I almost wet my pants laughing so hard at Lopen's pm. It was mostly discussing how to trick me into claiming in case I read his pm the following cycle.

As much as I was ready to lynch Lopen when I read his pm, I think he's village sided. Even if he is misguided enough to be a ghost blood. ;)

.........Wow. I can't believe you actually were spying on that PM! :o That is just too good. 

I'm gonna put my vote on Twei as well for reasons mentioned by Kynedath. I would like to hear from her too though.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Illumination takes a random action that is affecting a person and redirects it to the person of the Lightweaver's choice.

If Maill were to target Meta, he would not pull the Cook kill. If no one uses any action on Meta, the Illumination does nothing. The only way that Illumination works is if someone targets the person you're illuminating an action from.

I dont like being used as an example. :P Last time I was used for one, I was the example death. Then I was killed for real.

The first few cycles I protected Elbereth, as I report to her. I protected Creccio the cycle she roleclaimed (partly because I got the faction leaders' names mixed up). Protected Elbereth again, then protected Tony Shark when he was up for lynch because I didn't feel like he was suspicious, although it's possible I skimmed over some incriminating evidence. This past cycle I actually protected you, Lopen, because from all of your posts I feel like you are a villager.

Hey, I'm here! Not for long, though. Assume I won't be on again for at least two more days. I might be, but it's not likely.

Just a few thoughts.

Ada had no pm activity that cycle, but the next cycle, Clanky claimed to have been in contact with Aavantos for some time and to have protected him.

I can confirm that Clanky is very likely a protective role (I'm currently in contact with an Assassin (or maybe I am the assassin :ph34r: ), since he targeted Stink and PK in consecutive cycles. There are other possibilities, but that seems the most likely.

Elbereth, why not advocate that Bort kill polking rather than us wasting a full Cycle lynching an inactive?

Good point. The explanation is basically that I wanted to put in a vote before I went, and I couldn't really think of anyone else I was suspicious of at that point in the cycle. That's not an amazing explanation, I know. I was also rather frazzled at the time, as the hours immediately before a trip tend to be. Also, se #2 below.

Other things:

1. Adavantos- You are having far too much fun.

2. The other thing I think is worth sharing from the Assassin I'm in contact with is this: Polking targeted Maill D2, making me think he was the cook (not knowing that he had targeted PK the next day), because he seemed like the sort of person who might be likely to target Mail without realizing that everyone was saying not to. This was also part of the reason I voted for him last cycle.

3. For a vote this cycle, I think I'm going to place one on Twei as well. I may not be around to retract it, unfortunately, if more information becomes available, but hopefully if that's the case everyone else will, at which point one vote won't matter.

4. Since Adavantos seems like he's going to be around next cycle, I'll do a scanvote as well. How about Creccio?

That's about it for the moment. See you eventually!

Edited by Elbereth

Sorry for not getting any player analysis up lately. It doesn't look like I'll be able to tonight either, but I will just say that Elbereth is becoming more suspicious to me and Ripple and Feligon less so. This is just because of reading through their posts and what we think we know. Ripple vocally opposed Mail's list, and if Mail was indeed a Diagrammist, I don't think that Ripple would have done that if she was one as well. It's possible, but to me, it doesn't seem like something she would do. Her vote on Alvron still bothers me though.

Here is a list of all the players, and what alignment and role they most likely were. I think this can help if people want to go back through specific players posts and see how they interact with known Eliminators(Adavantos and possibly Mailliw), as well as interactions with known villagers. This is basically just my notes of the game.

Ghostbloods:

1. Alvron(Elsecaller. Lynched by Ada, Clanky and Ripple. Villager)

2. Mace Windu(Bondsmith. Cook killed by Zas. Scanned at 2 different times when it's unlikely he would have been Elsecalled both times. Villager.)

3. Hellscythe(Explorer. Attacked by Ada twice, as well as lynched. Villager)

4. Haelbarde(Assassin. Diagrammist killed. Villager)

5. Araris(???. Diagrammist killed. Villager)

6. Honey Badger(??? Diagrammist killed. Villager)

7. Shallan(Runner. Cook killed by Ada. Villager)

8. Orlok(Ardent. Cook killed by Zas. Kill was redirected by Creccio's Lightweaving. Scanned as villager, most likely true.)

9. Zas(Cook. Cook killed by Bort? I have no idea why he was killed. It's very unlikely the Diagrammists started with 2 Cooks. Villager)

10. Lopen(Claimed Scholar. Villager)

11. Paranoid King(Claimed Scholar. Most likely the truth. Since I forgot to add him to my player list last time, here's a little bit of analysis. Ada was totally gunning for him early on, and would most likely have lynched him if he hadn't claimed Scholar. Could have been a ploy of some sort, but I doubt it. Ada gave his usual large amount of evidence for why PK was evil, and I believe he was genuinely trying to get PK lynched. Probably Villager)

12. Bort(Most likely Cook who killed Zas. As I said before, 2 Cooks for the Diagrammists seems unlikely. Probably Villager)

13. Seonid(??? Has participated fairly often. One of the few kinda consistently active players still alive. I need to do more analysis on him before I give a more solid read, but for now, I'll put him down as "Maybe Villager")

14. polking(I agree with Kynedath that polking may be a protector of some kind. I'm not sure about Edgedancer, but I think it's either that or Surgeon. No posts means no read, but he target PK on the second Cycle, and I'm guessing it was because of PK's claim of Scholar. A Diagrammist has no reason to protect PK then, unless PK is evil, in which case, they still most likely wouldn't need protection because of the importance of PK's role. Based on that small piece of evidence, as well as Ada seemingly trying to frame him, I'd say probably Villager.)

15. Feligon(??? Kinda lurking, but has explained that in my PM with him. I'm still not sure about him, or his explanantion, but my gut is telling me he's telling the truth. Neutral/Maybe Diagrammist    I still have my doubts)

16. Ripple(Claimed Surgeon. I was wondering if you could tell us who you've protected up to this point, so we have a better idea of what you've done so far in the game? Admits that her style is suspicious this game, but claims she's a villager. I already explained a little more detail earlier. Neutral/Maybe Villager)

17. Elbereth(??? Even with the spirit of revealing that has struck in this game, she's stayed quiet. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Has posted a fair amount of time, but to me, it seems like she defends Mail and Ada a little in some of her posts. She suggested a WGG with Ada, which I think might be her trying to act like she didn't know what happened. Possibly Diagrammist)

18. Twei(I'm very interested to hear her claim. I'm guessing she's going to. Orlok called her out as a "possible voice for the Diagrammists" but did not list his reasoning or anything. With the recent news that Ada was protected and Kynedath saw Twei targeting Ada last Cycle, it makes me believe she is a Diagrammist. She has been very inactive lately, but I'll go through her posts to see if I can catch anything.

Sons of Honour: (I cannot figure out what blue to use, but oh well!  :P)

1. Sart(Scholar. Lynched on first Day Turn. I'd say PK is the main reason he died. With the info that Sart was Elsecaller transformed on Cycle 2(we know because PK scanned him again on Cycle 5 and it came up as SoH Scholar), we know that the Diagrammists have an Elsecaller, since no village aligned Elsecaller would have any good reason to transform any dead players alignment. Also, the fact that Ada revealed because he was worried we only had one living Scholar means that he did not know about Sart's role, which would mean that Sart was a villager. Villager)

2. Arraenae(Surgeon. Scanned by me on Cycle 2, that means she was not Elsecaller by the Diagrammists, meaning her alignment was correct. Villager)

3. DeathClutch(??? Cook killed by Adavantos. Also called out Ada and Mailliw as potential Diagrammists. I believe he also pointed out PK as one as well, which makes me slightly more wary of PK, given that DC was most likely right about Ada and Mail, but not much. Villager)

4. Starry Smite(Cook. Cook killed by Adavantos. Villager)

5. Phattemer(Explorer. Could not have been an Elsecaller because he was Cook killed by Adavantos. Villager.)

6. STINK(Runner. Lynched. Ada tried to "save" him from the lynch by adding a vote to Feligon in an attempt to tie the votes. There was vote manipulation that would have insured STINK's death anyways though. Seeing as he voted for himself, and mine and PK's scan came up as SoH, I'd say he's village. Villager)

7. Kipper(Scholar. I'm not sure about his alignment, and I really should go back through his posts just because it's more information. Maybe later though, I'm getting tired. Ada said he was innocent. Probably Villager)

8. Panda(??? Possibly an artifabrian, but I'd guess more likely a protective role, such as Edgedancer, since Clanky has claimed Surgeon, and Arraenae was most likely one as well. We are practically positive that Mace Windu was the Bondsmith, so that means the SoH have one random Radiant, picked from these 3: Lightweaver, Edgedancer, Elsecaller. Panda was killed by a Cook, so unless he was a Diagrammist Elsecaller, he was not an Elsecaller. Lightweaver is a possibility, as is Edgedancer, Artifabrian, and Ardent. I hadn't thought of Ardent yet. It's possible he moved my vote. I will go check once I'm done with this post. Since he may have been killed in an indirect way, it's impossible to tell his alignment. My guess would be Villager, but it's not really based on anything, and I'm not sure his alignment matters a whole lot, since he didn't post very much.)

9. Creccio(Lightweaver. Tried to code communicate with Ada on the first Cycle. Also drew a lot of attention to himself by claiming Restares, and by way of non-subtle code, Lightweaver. I don't think an eliminator would try to do that unless he was trying to draw an attack, so that he could redirect it. While it sounds like a fun plan to try, the other posts he made and was made about him make him seem likely to be village aligned. Ada said he was innocent, if anyone wants to know. ;) Maybe Village.)

10. Mailliw(Assassin. Posted list of factions that turned out to be just to get faction alignment from players. Was voted on by Alv for being too trollish, or rather, because Alv said he was trying to hard to be trollish. I think he was a Diagrammist. Ada firstly said he was a SoH, but changed it the very next Cycle because the Elsecalling that had been on Mail had just worn off. If this is true, there may be a better reason for changing Mail's alignment than just trying to keep us in the dark. To me, it seems like Elbereth and Tony Shark defended Mail a little in some of their posts. I suggest everyone goes and reads those posts for themselves. Probably Diagrammist)

11. Kynedath(Claimed Assassin. I believe him. Has fairly good evidence to back it up I think. Has been consistently active throughout the game, and to me, sounds and acts village. He was also attacked by the Diagrammists just now, so...... Probably Villager.)

12. Elkanah(Edgedancer. Is very much most likely an Edgedancer. He spied on my PM's, darn him!  :P Has been fairly open with his role, which I do not think any Diagrammist would advise, seeing as how us Ghostbloods would very much like to get him dead to further our cause. I would hold off on attacking him though, because I believe he is a villager, and his protects can be a valuable resource, as was seen this Cycle. Probably Villager)

13. Clanky(Surgeon. He protected Venture on Cycle 1. Something I have already voiced my opinion on multiple times, but will state again just because. I believe Ada attacked Venture because he is an oft inactive/quiet player, and Ada likes to keep more experienced players alive for the thrills? Or something?(See QF10, and this game, where the kills have gone mostly on inactives or not high profile players) I'd say Villager, but I also want to know why he's been so quiet lately. It's possible he's busy in RL, but I think it's gotten to the point where I'd like to know what he's been thinking.

14. Venture(Claimed Runner. I don't even know if he's using his ability though.  :wacko: Attacked by the Diagrammists. I might have something to say about Venture, but I'd rather Ada was dead, because I don't want to hear anymore of his trolling. Maybe Villager)

15. Burnt(??? No role hints that I can tell. Good job with that. Has been borderline inactive for most of the game, but has explained that it is due to RL circumstances. Just a gut read, but I'll say Maybe Villager)

16. Aonar(??? No role hints from him either. I really need to go back through his posts to get a better read on him. Neutral)

17. Tony Shark(Ada claims he is an Artifabrian, and Kynedath said he claimed Artifabrian as well. So I guess he might be one. Kynedath, how fast did he claim to you? From the way you worded your post about your PM with him, it sounds like he claimed right away. Something that is kinda weird to do, especially if you have no idea whether to trust that person or not. Accused by Hellscythe. Very inactive in the thread, but has been online pretty recently. Possibly Diagrammist)

18. Adavantos(Cook. Diagrammist)

Scholar Scans:

Lopen                                          Paranoid King                       Kipper

C2: Arraenae(SoH Surgeon)       Sart(Dia BondS)                   Sart(Dia BondS)

C3: Hellscythe(GB Explorer)        --------------                           Mace Windu(GB Bondsmith)

C4: Alvron(GB EC)                      Starri(SoH Cook)                  Dead

C5: Shallan(GB Runner)             Sart(SoH Scholar)                Still Dead

C6: Mace Windu(GB BondS)       Orlok(GB Ardent)                 Six feet under

C7: Haelbarde(GB Assassin)      Zas(GB Cook)                       Likeness to a doornail

C8: STINK(SoH Runner)             STINK(SoH Runner)             Okay, I'll stop

I think you can see why I think the majority of the living Diagrammists are Ghostbloods, since I think all of the dead ones are Villagers. I'm trying to be extra careful when it comes to accusing Ghostbloods though, because I do want to actually win. I wanted to do more in depth stuff about the players I suspect, but I have no idea how to quote from locked threads, which makes it harder to point out specific things someone has said. If anyone could explain how to do that, I'd very much appreciate it!  :) I'm signing off for the night. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Edit: Ninja'd by Elbereth.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

The first few cycles I protected Elbereth, as I report to her. I protected Creccio the cycle she roleclaimed (partly because I got the faction leaders' names mixed up). Protected Elbereth again, then protected Tony Shark when he was up for lynch because I didn't feel like he was suspicious, although it's possible I skimmed over some incriminating evidence. This past cycle I actually protected you, Lopen, because from all of your posts I feel like you are a villager.

Kynedath, you missed out on the interesting result :) Clanky targeted Adavantos as well. He was online at the end of last cycle - presumably to put in the order - but didn't post.

I don't want to give out all my results, because there's some sensitive info in there, but here's what's safe:

Cycle 2: Hael targeted PK (Hael was scanned as an Assassin, which makes sense)

Cycle 3: Adavantos targeted Hellscythe (presumably the poisoning that happened with the lynch)

Cycle 4: Clanky targeted Adavantos

Cycles 6/7: I didn't put orders in

Cycle 8: Clanky targeted Adavantos

Cycle 4 has Clanky protecting Adavantos again, possibly because of STINK's accusation against Adavantos.

I can confirm that Clanky is very likely a protective role (I'm currently in contact with an Assassin (or maybe I am the assassin "ph34r: ), since he targeted Stink and PK in consecutive cycles. There are other possibilities, but that seems the most likely.

You've been intentionally vague about your/your contact's results, which is rather interesting. It reads more as a fudge than actual scans to me. If I'm right about Clanky, I suspect you're trying to protect him. This would also indicate that Polking is a Diagrammist, as you could be specific about his actions in (what I'm guessing is intended to be) cycle 1.

The other thing I've been thinking about is the lack of Diagrammist kills in the previous cycles. There are a few options.

Genuine inactivity: Aside from Adavantos, there just hasn't been any Diagrammists on to make the kills. It's too late to go through and track the people who weren't online at all, but those who didn't post during cycles 6/7 were: Polking, Aonar, Twei, Creccio, Jain, DeathClutch.

This may well be the case, but I'm guessing it's not, for two reasons. Firstly, assuming Adavantos was the one to poison Jain, then we know two other Diagrammists were also active last cycle (for the kill and protection); jumping to two actives from zero seems strange. Secondly, Adavantos claims he revealed himself as a Diagrammist out of the goodness of his heart. If we take that claim at face value (which I was reluctant to do, but I really can't find any way it could act in the Diagrammists' favour), then it seems unlikely he would do so when he's at risk of losing the rest of his team to inactivity.

Feigned inactivity: The other Diagrammists are active, but haven't put in kill orders - either because they have more productive things to do (Revealed Scholar scans, protective roles) or because it suits them to not be killing people. If the latter, they probably want to draw attention to inactive players.

They're all dead: This runs into the problem of Adavantos revealing while knowing he was at a disadvantage. Maybe he'd given up and just wanted to skip to the trolling? (Come to think of it, that's a decent explanation for the genuine-inactive case as well.)

Of course, chances are it's a combination of all three. My guess is that there's a number of inactive Diagrammists and the remaining active members decided to lay low for a while. I'm interested in the people who tried to lynch inactives last cycle, because that would play into the 'focus-on-inactives' aspect. So Elbereth, Kynedath (though with their post this cycle I think they're Village), PK, Seonid (maybe; I read his posts last cycle as Tony being second choice behind Adavantos).

Edit: Just thought of the fourth permutation: feigning all dead, to make us turn on each other before going after Adavantos.

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

Kynedath, you missed out on the interesting result :) Clanky targeted Adavantos as well. He was online at the end of last cycle - presumably to put in the order - but didn't post.

I don't want to give out all my results, because there's some sensitive info in there, but here's what's safe:

Cycle 3: Adavantos targeted Hellscythe (presumably the poisoning that happened with the lynch)

Cycle 4: Clanky targeted Adavantos

Cycle 8: Clanky targeted Adavantos

Cycle 4 has Clanky protecting Adavantos again, possibly because of STINK's accusation against Adavantos.

You've been intentionally vague about your/your contact's results, which is rather interesting. It reads more as a fudge than actual scans to me. If I'm right about Clanky, I suspect you're trying to protect him. This would also indicate that Polking is a Diagrammist, as you could be specific about his actions in (what I'm guessing is intended to be) cycle 1.

The other thing I've been thinking about is the lack of Diagrammist kills in the previous cycles. There are a few options.

Genuine inactivity: Aside from Adavantos, there just hasn't been any Diagrammists on to make the kills. It's too late to go through and track the people who weren't online at all, but those who didn't post during cycles 6/7 were: Polking, Aonar, Twei, Creccio, Jain, DeathClutch.

This may well be the case, but I'm guessing it's not, for two reasons. Firstly, assuming Adavantos was the one to poison Jain, then we know two other Diagrammists were also active last cycle (for the kill and protection); jumping to two actives from zero seems strange. Secondly, Adavantos claims he revealed himself as a Diagrammist out of the goodness of his heart. If we take that claim at face value (which I was reluctant to do, but I really can't find any way it could act in the Diagrammists' favour), then it seems unlikely he would do so when he's at risk of losing the rest of his team to inactivity.

Feigned inactivity: The other Diagrammists are active, but haven't put in kill orders - either because they have more productive things to do (Revealed Scholar scans, protective roles) or because it suits them to not be killing people. If the latter, they probably want to draw attention to inactive players.

They're all dead: This runs into the problem of Adavantos revealing while knowing he was at a disadvantage. Maybe he'd given up and just wanted to skip to the trolling? (Come to think of it, that's a decent explanation for the genuine-inactive case as well.)

Of course, chances are it's a combination of all three. My guess is that there's a number of inactive Diagrammists and the remaining active members decided to lay low for a while. I'm interested in the people who tried to lynch inactives last cycle, because that would play into the 'focus-on-inactives' aspect. So Elbereth, Kynedath (though with their post this cycle I think they're Village), PK, Seonid (maybe; I read his posts last cycle as Tony being second choice behind Adavantos).

Edit: Just thought of the fourth permutation: feigning all dead, to make us turn on each other before going after Adavantos.

So it was possibility #3! Well . . . ok. I am interested in what happened on cycle 5 though. Twei.

At this point, I would vote for Tony, but I feel like I would have no chance. Clanky has just as much evidence and is also under fire right now.

@Lopen, he claimed during his second message, the one after he told me that he thought I was the best choice for a PM since I was the most active and involved out of those that reported to him.

Edited by Kynedath

Kynedath, you missed out on the interesting result :)Clanky targeted Adavantos as well. He was online at the end of last cycle - presumably to put in the order - but didn't post.

Cycle 4: Clanky targeted Adavantos

Cycle 8: Clanky targeted Adavantos

This may well be the case, but I'm guessing it's not, for two reasons. Firstly, assuming Adavantos was the one to poison Jain, then we know two other Diagrammists were also active last cycle (for the kill and protection); jumping to two actives from zero seems strange. Secondly, Adavantos claims he revealed himself as a Diagrammist out of the goodness of his heart. If we take that claim at face value (which I was reluctant to do, but I really can't find any way it could act in the Diagrammists' favour), then it seems unlikely he would do so when he's at risk of losing the rest of his team to inactivity.

Well I'm glad the cycle is 2 days long. I may still be over credulous, but that has the eying of truth to it, at least for me. At least enough for to vote Clanky.

Other things:

Not going to lie, these last couple cycles have been extremely fun. I just hope that no one - including the GMs - harbor any hard feelings for me after this :o

Also, whoever Illuminated my kill onto Jain. I will find you and I will kill you.

Here's an update:

Twelfth: Lopen, Elbereth

Clanky: Elkanah, Twelfth, Kynedath, Seonid

Thank you for your post, Lopen. I've felt like it was down to seven or eight people. I didn't realize that we still have seventeen. I'm inclined to believe the last diagrammists are among those who are actively not posting. Unfortunately, that includes thirteen of our eighteen survivors. That's a pretty big cloud for them to hide in.

No offense, but if your gut says Burnt is good, I'm more suspicious of her :P

Thank you Telfth. With your info coupled with Clanky's inconsistency earlier, I'm more sure that he's the diagrammist. However, to prevent me just tunelling and getting a train behind me, I want Clanky to respond. I'd hate to lead us headlong into a trap set by Adavantos.

BTW Ada, thank you for your reveal. As infuriating as your trolls are, they've made this game pretty fun.

Edit ninjaed by adavantos

Edited by Elkanah

BTW Ada, thank you for your reveal. As infuriating as your trolls are, they've made this game pretty fun.

Haven't you read my member title? It clearly states that I'm totally not a troll.

That being said, thanks :D glad I could help. If I didn't do what I did, I can't even imagine what position everyone would be in right now.

These are my reasons. There might be more out there but these are the most prominent for me.

Wow, I haven't been in the main thread for a while.

I have to say, Clanky and PK seem to be trusting Ada too much.  Those Diagrammists are liars to the core!  They will do anything to mess us up! 

It looks like Clanky is getting lynched at the moment, so I'll add my vote on there to make sure that no one changes the lynch back to a tie or worse.

Hey, I'm here! Not for long, though. Assume I won't be on again for at least two more days. I might be, but it's not likely.

Just a few thoughts.

I can confirm that Clanky is very likely a protective role (I'm currently in contact with an Assassin (or maybe I am the assassin :ph34r: ), since he targeted Stink and PK in consecutive cycles. There are other possibilities, but that seems the most likely.

Good point. The explanation is basically that I wanted to put in a vote before I went, and I couldn't really think of anyone else I was suspicious of at that point in the cycle. That's not an amazing explanation, I know. I was also rather frazzled at the time, as the hours immediately before a trip tend to be. Also, se #2 below.

Other things:

2. The other thing I think is worth sharing from the Assassin I'm in contact with is this: Polking targeted Maill D2, making me think he was the cook (not knowing that he had targeted PK the next day), because he seemed like the sort of person who might be likely to target Mail without realizing that everyone was saying not to. This was also part of the reason I voted for him last cycle.

3. For a vote this cycle, I think I'm going to place one on Twei as well. I may not be around to retract it, unfortunately, if more information becomes available, but hopefully if that's the case everyone else will, at which point one vote won't matter.

4. Since Adavantos seems like he's going to be around next cycle, I'll do a scanvote as well. How about Creccio?

That's about it for the moment. See you eventually!

Would you mind hard claiming Assassin, or telling us if you are in fact, just in contact with an Assassin(that's not Twei, because why would you vote for Twei when you knew that her targeting Ada was most likely just her using her Assassin techniques to follow him?)? Twei just basically claimed Assassin, so one of you almost has to be lying, since I very much doubt the possibility of 6 Assassins. I'm not sure why no one picked up on this and just followed Twei in voting for Clanky. We NEED to be asking these questions guys. There's inconsistencies here that just don't make sense to me. If Elbereth is telling the truth about being an Assassin/in contact with an Assassin, it's most likely Twei is lying and trying to get us to waste a Cycle, OR MORE! Since we can't know if Clanky was a Diagrammist or not until we scan him, and even then, his corpse might get transformed by an Elsecaller. Seeing as I was already suspicious of Elbereth, I'm more suspicious of Clanky over Twei, but not so much that I'm just going to blindly accept a few "scan" results from Twei that we have no idea if they are legit or not as reason to lynch Clanky.

Yeah, I don't agree with the reasoning of that vote on polking. Mail was attacked on C1, not C2, and in my mind, is possibly a Diagrammist, so if you say you thought polking attacked him, why would that make him a Diagrammist? There's also the fact that that would mean you thought it was possible, or even likely, that the Diagrammists started with 2 Cooks.

Thank you Ripple. I don't know if those would be the targets I would have gone for, but I certainly understand the faction aspect of your protections. (I actually got the faction leaders names mixed up multiple times already. >>) Thank you for the protection as well.

Here's an update:

Twelfth: Lopen, Elbereth

Clanky: Elkanah, Twelfth, Kynedath, Seonid

Thank you for your post, Lopen. I've felt like it was down to seven or eight people. I didn't realize that we still have seventeen. I'm inclined to believe the last diagrammists are among those who are actively not posting. Unfortunately, that includes thirteen of our eighteen survivors. That's a pretty big cloud for them to hide in.

No offense, but if your gut says Burnt is good, I'm more suspicious of her :P

Thank you Telfth. With your info coupled with Clanky's inconsistency earlier, I'm more sure that he's the diagrammist. However, to prevent me just tunelling and getting a train behind me, I want Clanky to respond. I'd hate to lead us headlong into a trap set by Adavantos.

Edit ninjaed by adavantos

I know how you feel about the lack of active players. This Cycle has been a little better, but that's mostly because players are revealing left and right!  :P I would really like to know where Bort, Clanky, Tony Shark, and Aonar to some extent, but he was pretty active last Cycle. Not so much this Cycle though, which is why I'm including him there.

As for Burnt, I think I'll just leave it up to you guys. I honestly can't tell.   :blink:

Like I said earlier, I would also like to hear from Clanky. It doesn't seem like him to be this inactive.

Could someone reiterate why Tony Shark is suspicious? Apparently I missed that.

Mostly because he was active, got called out by Hellscythe, then, when Hellscythed died, he has gone inactive/lurker. Also for reasons mentioned by Kynedath.

I'm still gonna be able to get on later, and if I think I should, I'll move my vote over to Clanky. I'd like some answers from Elbereth, Twei, and Clanky though. Something about this situation worries me.

@Twei, You ARE an Assassin right? I mean, you never actually claimed it in those words. :P (Okay, here's the actual serious question.) Are you Elbereth's Assassin contact?

@Elbereth, Are you claiming Assassin? And if you aren't, is you're assassin contact Twei?

@Clanky, Are you a Diagrammist? Could we get your protection targets please? Obviously Venture on C1(since no one counter claimed you on that. Although it could have been Arraenae, but I doubt it.), but after that, hardly anyone has been protected.