So it seems Creccio was indeed a Lightweaver. Whether he was a Diagrammist or not remains to be seen.

DeathClutch confirmed innocent.

I'm not sure how Zas was killed by a Cook. Supposedly the last Cook is a Ghostblood, so I'm confused as to why they would target Zas. It's possible that Zas targeted Creccio again to try and make sure he actually died, and Creccio redirected his kill back to himself, but I don't think that's likely.

I scanned Mace Windu as: Ghostblood Bondsmith. I'm really worried that this is the correct scan and so we do not have that win condition available to us anymore. Just to be sure, I would like to ask that the Bondsmith uses Adhesion to bond 2 players votes together this Cycle. That way we can have complete confirmation about that win condition being lost to us, and can go ahead with the game aware that we must either kill the remaining unknown Diagrammists to win, or we have no chance of victory. We know the Bondsmith is/was not on the Diagrammist team, so they should be able to comply with this request.

Phat, I'm glad to have you back with us. (I haven't been pushing for you to get poisoned at all! Nope.  :ph34r:) Factions have already been revealed by Creccio(Restares), and basically confirmed by everyone else, since no one pointed out mistakes. Also, Orlok(Thaidakar), revealed himself, but did not disprove the list.

@Feligon, could you please explain why you did not reveal my scan results last Cycle? 

@Adavantos, So, Mailliw's alignment?  :huh:

I'm going to put my vote on Elkanah for now. I'll give reasons in a bit.

Something I think I should bring attention to is that I forgot to green out my original vote last Cycle, so my vote was on Phattemer. I forgot to do it, but no one reminded me about it. I'm not faulting you guys at all. It was my own silly fault, but I think it would be good for us to have a vote tally every once in a while to make sure mistakes like that are avoided in future Cycles, when the votes are closer.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Sorry about the lateness of this but I haven't had the most time recently. So my PM with Ada

I opened the PM since I was his captain. My other subordinates were Aerranae who was dead and Starry Smite
He was apprehensive about me choosing to open a pm with him. His main suspicion was PK because of his vote on Sart.
He thought based upon what Creccio had said to him in code that he was innocent. He also received a PM from deathclutch who was our commander.
We shared suspicions of Shallan after her defense of Hellscythe. I mentioned it first and he agreed.

Then I told him that I was the surgeon who had protected Venture. He was my only PM and I didn't like all the talk of the WGG.

Then he responded saying he was the Cook who had targeted Hellscythe and was in contact with stink.

After Ada was protected he asked if I had protected him but I was actually protecting STINK at the time.

We discussed whether the Digrammists have a Cook and both came to a conclusion of yes. We then discussed who we thought the diagram cook had targeted and he said he thought Maill and himself were.

Then he asked me if I was ok with him announcing that he was in contact with the surgeon who protected Venture in thread. I said it was fine.

He asked about Starry as a potential target because he was curious about Hells votes on her.

I asked if he would like protection and he said yes but PK may be the better target.

During the lynch on Alvron I messaged him reminding him that if he didn't vote Venture would die. He said he would vote for Alvron just before the end of the cycle.

He asked who I thought was a good kill target such as an Inactive GB.

I recommended Polking and he ignored that and decided on Shallan based on previous suspicion and something Lopen said in thread.

That's about it

Sorry about the recent inactivity as I have been very busy and unfortunately it will probably get worse since I will have limited internet all week. I will probably be borderline inactive unfortunately.

Sorry about the lateness of this but I haven't had the most time recently. So my PM with Ada

I opened the PM since I was his captain. My other subordinates were Aerranae who was dead and Starry Smite

He was apprehensive about me choosing to open a pm with him. His main suspicion was PK because of his vote on Sart.

He thought based upon what Creccio had said to him in code that he was innocent. He also received a PM from deathclutch who was our commander.

We shared suspicions of Shallan after her defense of Hellscythe. I mentioned it first and he agreed.

Then I told him that I was the surgeon who had protected Venture. He was my only PM and I didn't like all the talk of the WGG.

Then he responded saying he was the Cook who had targeted Hellscythe and was in contact with stink.

After Ada was protected he asked if I had protected him but I was actually protecting STINK at the time.

We discussed whether the Digrammists have a Cook and both came to a conclusion of yes. We then discussed who we thought the diagram cook had targeted and he said he thought Maill and himself were.

Then he asked me if I was ok with him announcing that he was in contact with the surgeon who protected Venture in thread. I said it was fine.

He asked about Starry as a potential target because he was curious about Hells votes on her.

I asked if he would like protection and he said yes but PK may be the better target.

During the lynch on Alvron I messaged him reminding him that if he didn't vote Venture would die. He said he would vote for Alvron just before the end of the cycle.

He asked who I thought was a good kill target such as an Inactive GB.

I recommended Polking and he ignored that and decided on Shallan based on previous suspicion and something Lopen said in thread.

That's about it

Sorry about the recent inactivity as I have been very busy and unfortunately it will probably get worse since I will have limited internet all week. I will probably be borderline inactive unfortunately.

Thank you clanky. So you haven't heard from him in your pm since cycle 4?

Also, I'm eager to hear what your opinion is of me Lopen. I hope I can prove myself trustworthy.

Thank you clanky. So you haven't heard from him in your pm since cycle 4?

Also, I'm eager to hear what your opinion is of me Lopen. I hope I can prove myself trustworthy.

Since then he only asked me if I would believe him if he said it was a ploy and he was actually good. I said no and he said it isn't a ploy and he was just interested for future refrence

Okay well... I'm glad I wasn't completely fooled by Malarn....

I'll hold on to the identity of the last runner for now. we'll see when it becomes more important.

Also, I'm getting nervous having the only vote this cycle with no evidence against me. I really would prefer if this didn't turn into a repeat of QF11. As soon as activity died, the Jeskers had free reign. Meta and I learned that inactivity kills first hand.

I'd poke vote someone, but I'm sure someone would manipulate my vote and mash out my voice.

Please for the sake of the village post!

If it looks like I'll be lynched, I'll dump everything I can into the thread as a parting gift, and wish you all luck.

Edit: ninjaed by Pk. Also Adavantos

Edited by Elkanah

Sorry for the delay but Mail is innocent (totally wasn't waiting for confirmation from my teammate that he didn't transform his corpse)

Could you clarify? Is the scan we vote on affected by your Elsecaller? Because you really should have stated that up-front, if so, and if you meant something different, you were decidedly unclear.

Of the people who have died, Alvron, Kipper, Orlok, and Creccio would be the most useful to learn alignment, I feel. They've contributed the most of the dead players, in general, and Alvron and Kipper are both experienced enough and PM enough that I think it'd be useful to know their alignment. Plus, Kipper was a Scholar, so we'd really like to be able to trust his scans. Creccio and Orlok would be nice because they claimed Restares/Thaidakar, and it would benefit us to know whether the eliminators originally knew all members of either faction. And Creccio also claimed Lightweaver. Given that, I'll vote Creccio.

Other than that, I don't think it's worth lynching Adavantos just yet. It makes more sense to keep him alive, given that he's adding to discussion, providing us with actual information on the dead, and overall remarkably helpful for an eliminator.

Also, I'll place a vote on Polking. He hasn't posted once this whole game, and Adavantos killed Shallan rather than him. That's good enough for me, and better than voting for Adavantos, in my opinion.

@Elkanah, sorry, but the explanation will have to wait. I've explained my reasons in a PM, so if I die, they can reveal if they want to.

About Ada's post. It's confirmed that all of his teammates are female. :P

@Bort, Why? For what reason didst thou do such a thing? Mind explaining please? Also, I would be happy if you could take out suspicious SoH players. I'm a bit wary of Tony Shark and Aonar myself. Phatt as well, as he could be an Elsecaller, rather than an Explorer.

@Elbereth, I firmly believe alv was innocent. Ada lynched him. My scan of him was GB. It seems pretty clear to me. I actually wouldn't mind lynching Ada right now. We're getting low on numbers, and I don't know that the info he's giving us is worth it. It might be, so I guess I see your point and will help out. polking

Edit: Actually, I don't know if I want polking to die(GB, you know?). Tony Shark, I would be okay with.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

@PK, I would really like to know your reasoning on Elkanah as well. I have not seen any reason to suspect him recently.

Also, I don't thinl that we should be focusing on factions right now. True, the alternative win condition might be out of the question, but we still can't leave the diagrammists with free reign while we try to kill off the other faction.

I personally find Polking more suspicious, but I have reason to believe that he is a surgeon, somebody that we desperately need. I do actually have some suspicions of Tony, though they are smaller than the ones I have for polking. I don;t know who I should vote for, or even if I should vote, but I don't think that killing Adavantos would be a good move, so, reluctantly, Tony Shark.

I can see the usefulness of knowing if Elbereth's list of people are evil, but I think that the one that would give us the most information would have to be Kipper. We would know that we could trust his reads and know the roles and alignments of many other players, rather than be super cautious and slow to trust.

Edited by Kynedath

If anyone is interested, here is a list showing who I do/don't trust out of the current living players. I know I haven't given reasons so sorry. some is based off logic, others are purely gut. And some I have no clue. the color shows an approximation of how I view them. Order doesn't really mean much. and take the colour with a grain of salt. even though two players may be on the same color, doesn't have to mean I trust them the same amount.

maybe I should add percentages or something....

no. not enough time and I want sleep.

Lopen

Elbereth

Kynedath

Elkanah

Clanky

PK

Feligon

Ripple

Phattemer

Venture

Aonar

Jain

seonid

Bort

Polking

Twei

Tony Shark

Adavantos

So. In short, I don't think it's a good idea to let a known diagramist live. it's only going to result with more village deaths. sure we get to know some dead folks alignment, but I would rather focus on keeping useful villagers alive then find out which useful villagers we've lost, so Adavantos you have my vote.

edit:formatting

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Well, I suppose I should have clarified that I was specifically taking the role of an extra Scholar to make up for the two that had already been lost. Which means if I were aware someone was transformed I would give that information out first.

That being said, I guess this means nice guy Ada's life is about to come to an end. Silly me and my conscious. I would have been happier if I lasted a few more cycles so that you guys could have gotten some more useful information from me. Though I suppose with Lopen having claimed now I'm less useful. Sad that I outed myself for no good reason and am repaid with being lynched.

Well be amused to see peoples reactions, though

Well, I suppose I should have clarified that I was specifically taking the role of an extra Scholar to make up for the two that had already been lost. Which means if I were aware someone was transformed I would give that information out first.

That being said, I guess this means nice guy Ada's life is about to come to an end. Silly me and my conscious. I would have been happier if I lasted a few more cycles so that you guys could have gotten some more useful information from me. Though I suppose with Lopen having claimed now I'm less useful. Sad that I outed myself for no good reason and am repaid with being lynched.

Well be amused to see peoples reactions, though

Now that's not fair. You're hitting me right in the feels. I'm not supposed to feel guilty for lynching an eliminator.

EDIT: Alright, I'll give you one more cycle. And I vote for scanning Kipper

Edited by Seonid

Cycle Eight: Sympathy for the Devil

There was no food that day; or at least, nothing that the gathered Ghostbloods and Sons of Honour felt safe about consuming. After all, hadn’t Agrigar Leiken claimed--to their very faces!--to be one of that secretive group, following the stipulations of the Diagram, whatever that was? And wasn’t he one of the cooks within the kitchens of Urithiru?

For all Agrigar Leiken had proposed a game, none of them felt confident enough to trust the uneasy truce that had emerged. And so they stared hungrily at the various concoctions in the dining hall but nibbled sparingly on rations. Those, at least, had nothing to do with the traitorous cook.

Restares and Thaidakar had fallen. If there was any direction to be found, they concluded reluctantly that it would have to come from themselves.

If they could bring themselves to trust each other.

It was the Lopen, of all people, who broke the silence first. “I don’t trust Kael,” he said, around a particularly hard mouthful of dry biscuit. “There’s something fishy about him, I can tell.” Absently, he brushed crumbs off his stack of notes. Spending the past day checking up on the deceased Mace Windu’s movements and contacts around Urithiru had been difficult work, but Lopen was confident that the man had in fact been their rare Bondsmith.

Pity he was dead now, Lopen thought. It looked like the only resolution to their current troubles would be unfortunately bloody.

“By all means,” replied Kael, glancing steadily at his counterpart from the Ghostbloods. “All things considered, I’m rather interested to hear what you have to say of me, if only so we can put this aside and focus on our common enemy. I’d be glad to prove myself trustworthy.”

“I say we go after Agrigar,” Slalassalas said, a hand going to the hilt of the sword that hung by his side. “He promised us information if we let him live, but what of it? Only if his colleagues haven’t tampered with it first? It’s a bad deal; I say he’s not worth it.”

“We know something now, though,” Kael said. “We know Malarn wasn’t one of them. That’s helpful. Every bit of information matters.”

Ashei was shaking her head. “I can’t believe all of you,” she said, getting up from where she sat. “You’re letting him live? A known Diagrammist? What’s wrong with all of you?” she glared at the various members of the two factions gathered in the dining hall. “You’re sacrificing the chance to keep some of our current brethren alive in order to know who the dead really worked for? How does that make any sense? I say we cut off the deal and kill him now. The longer he lives, the more he’s just going to keep killing.”

“I’m fine with getting rid of him,” Kael agreed. “He’s lived for too long.”

Alycia Kavdar added her voice to the growing numbers of those who wanted to simply solve the problem of Agrigar Leiken, here and now; as did Sheon Idris. With that, the somewhat-confused mixture of Ghostbloods and Sons of Honour streamed towards the kitchens, where they knew Agrigar Leiken was lurking, waiting for them.

They had, indeed, been expected.

The doors to the kitchen had been thrown wide open; a kitchen boy was busy scrubbing dishes clean at the sink. Meanwhile, dishes lay spread out on the table: most of them spiced and appealing. There was, in addition, a decent mixture of food meant for members of both genders.

Agrigar Leiken leaned casually against the countertop, slicing tubers with an ease that was not lost on the mob that had gathered here. “Brightlords, ladies,” he said, acknowledging their presence with a nod. “As I have informed you--per our deal--Malarn was a Son of Honour. Was there anything else?”

“We’re altering the deal,” Ashei said. “Pray we do not alter it further.”

Agrigar raised an eyebrow. “Oh?” He glanced at them: at the ragged group gathered in his domain, most of them armed with swords or knives or clubs. “So, this is it, then. I suppose you’re no longer interested in any information I have to offer?”

“You offer information,” Slalassalas sneered. “And you give us scraps. We are not fools, Cook. And we do not appreciate being played with.”

“Have I lied to you?” Agrigar laughed. The tubers fell away, neatly sliced. He picked up a root, now, and began peeling it. Still calm. Still unaffected. “You don’t seem to understand the nature of our bargain, do you? I wasn’t offering to tell you everything I know. I, in fact, took pity on you: with two of the Veristitalians dead, would you even know if one of your compatriots died? How many of you can swear to me--hand over heart, or upon the Stormfather or any Herald you prefer--that you truly know who the person standing beside you is? Anyone? No takers? Why, I’m disappointed.”

“Say your piece,” ground out Sheon Idris. “But quickly.”

Agrigar continued to peel the root. Strips of brown fell away before his sharp knife. “Simple. I offered to replace your Veristitalian. As a researcher. My methods are unorthodox, and I have to consult my own colleagues, but I still know more than all of you put together. I offer you only as much information as a Veristitalian would have offered you. No more, no less.”

Scrape.

“I should note,” he continued lightly, “That this is an extremely generous offer, all the same. I’m a man of Honour, after all.”

“Stop talking,” Deadeye said, harshly. “You have no idea what it means to be a Son of Honour, and you are no brother of mine.”

“Am I?”

“Bah,” Deadeye said. He glared at the rest of the factions gathered in the kitchens. “Parley with him, do whatever you please. I’m done here.” He turned his back on them and strode out, ignoring those who called after him.

“Now that we’re done with the unnecessary dramatics,” Agrigar said. “Do we still have a deal? It would, after all, be such a pity if you’d killed me before I could actually help you, by giving you the information I already know...oh, but Lopen thinks you don’t need any of that, doesn’t he?”

Lopen gripped his knife, white-knuckled, and said nothing.

Agrigar smiled, picked up a slice of root, and chewed on it experimentally. “Needs some cooking,” he told the gathered assembly. “But can be eaten raw. Tell you what, I’ll even make it a two for one offer. How about that?”

“We accept,” Sheon Idris said.

There was no outcry to gainsay him; only silence.

-

Later, Alycia Kavdar stumbled upon Seixa in one of the disused side-passages of Urithiru.

Several pieces of peeled root had been stuffed roughly down his throat, choking him to death.

Yallah (4) : Agrigar Leiken, Sheon Idris, Deadeye, Lopen
Agrigar Leiken (4) : Alycia Kavdar, Slalassalas, Kael of the Forge, Ashei Ghetti
Walter Kysley (1) : Elba

No one was lynched!
Seixa (Phattemer) was poisoned!

bla_1451491200.png

Player List

1. Seixa (Phattemer): A man who believes he's a Skybreaker Squire
2. John Doe (Stink): A man who thinks he's a fish

3. Locke Tekiel (Orlok)
4. Agrigar Leiken (Adavantos)
5. Aleral (Araris)
6. Kholak Bagar (Honey Badger)
7. Alycia Kavdar (RippleGylf)
8. Walter Kysley (polking): an Azish soldier
9. Krippe (Kipper): a Urithiru postmaster
10. Malarn (Maill): a man who stinks
11. Sheon Idris (Seonid): the late King of Arelon, seeking vengeance on Mr T and his adherents. I pity da fool.
12. Baheal Edr (Hael): son of the late Ableah
13. Yallah (Tony Shark)
14. Arran Faenel (Aonar)
15. Hellscythe (Hellscythe)
16. Deadeye (Kynedath)
17. Slalassalas (Paranoid King): swordfighter who's "defeated" many Horneaters
18. Kael of the Forge (Elkanah): an eager emigrant
19. Frank "Gold Frank" Au Faliu (Feligon): a pirate with an nonflying(?) pirate ship, looking for his brother
20. Starri (Starry Smite): an overlooked brightlady
21. Citona Vinid (Shallan)
22. Arina (Arraenae)
23. Torren (Twei): an ex-Skybreaker Radiant, ditched by his spren  :(
24. Inor Haze (Creccio)
25. Maximilianos Sebarial (Venture)
26. Lopen (The Mighty Lopen)
27. Jain (Lightsworn Panda): a walking, talking panda
28. Moros (DeathClutch)
29. Edurams (Sart)
30. Bort (Bort)
31. Mace (Mace Windu): a strange man who wields a purple sword-thing
32. Ashei Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)
33. Cla (Clanky)
34. Elba (Elbereth)
35. Zas (Zas): a creative shoemaker seeking flesh for new shoes
36. Lorna (Alvron): a huntress

Edited by Alvron

Wait, so the edgedancer elsecaller ability lasts for two cycles, right? And after one cycle, Adavantos says that it has worn off? But at the beginning of last cycle, he didn't know whether or not his teammate had done it? So the ability was used two cycles ago, but Adavantos was not informed about it.

So...the eliminators communicate poorly, I guess? So I'd guess that for some eliminators, this is their first game as an eliminator.

I don't have a good estimate on who those players would be. Anyone else want to offer up any options?

Edited by Paranoid King