Kalasnah

Sasukerinnegan

I got the feeling that Tarah was apart of Kaladin's dead people regret list. And Kaladin will have one more book of flashbacks, so there is more to be explained.

I don't have the book with me now but I'm pretty sure he talks about his dead people regret list, then mentions Tarah and specifically thinks that he failed her in a different way than others. I read it as he screwed up the relationship and regrets it now.

And well, Kaladin will be Knight(in a probably very shine armor) and Jasnah is a pricess(that probably will have a veryyyy shine armor too).

So they kind fit the trope Princess find a Knight in shine armor and fall in love. Just saying =)

Natans – Hah!  That was well done, sir!  When you put it that way, it does seem more tropish.   Upvote for you!

Although, Kaladin did refuse the “Shiny Armor” and Jasnah conceivably has access to Shardplate (that spare Shardplate/Blade set Dalinar won and donated to the crown).  So, you never know, Brandon could decide that it’s the Princess in Shiny Armor who saves the poor villager and turn that trope on its head.  :D

@KiManiak — see Natans post above. I couldn't have put it better myself, even if I don't agree with it.

By the way, if you read the cover blurb of WoR, it sounds like Kaladin and Shallan will be spending some time together on the Shattered Plains. Just saying.

I personally could care less if Kaladin burns all the ships and pillages the natives like a good conquistador.

Gloom – If you don’t agree with it, then you should be able to put it better yourself, right?  Otherwise, why wouldn't you agree with it? 

As for the blurb, I assume you mean this one

Actually, it sounds more like Dalinar and Shallan would be spending some time together, according to the blurb you referenced; you may want to reread that thing.  Of course, it’s likely that Kaladin (since he's Dalinar's bodyguard) and Jasnah (since Shallan is her ward and somewhat partner-in-research) will be there as well, so the hooking up with the princess could still happen.  Just saying…

And, I personally would prefer that Brandon does not decide to have Kaladin sack any villages and slaughter any of the natives in WoR (even if they be Parshendi), as that seems contrary to Kaladin’s mindset at the end of WoK.  But if Brandon does decide to do that, I’m guessing it would be very well written and I'll probably end up enthralled yet again.

*dramatic sigh*

Not a single person in here supporting JasnahxTaravangian? I am disappointed in everyone.

Jasnah x Taravangian no =)

And nobody come do defend Kaladin X Sly yet too, at seems that the discusion are very conservative today.

EDIT. Forget what I said

Edited by Natans

How about Kaladolin?

Or Shallasnah?

:o

Edit!!   Or Shalladolin!

Dalift!

Taravallan!

Shallarinadoladinah!

U do realise, don't u that Dalift would be a pedophile relationship, not to mention that Shallarinadoladinah  would be an incestuous one......

Edited by Sasukerinnegan

I find it frustrating that so few people are recommending a dalinar/lift pairing. To me, it seems nearly certain, age difference not withstanding. Here are my reasons. Dalinar is awesome.  Lift is also awesome. I rest my case. 

e/ its so hard to avoid trolling this thread.  I've deleted at least five replied I had typed out before I posted them.  These ones got away from me  :unsure: My post is 99% sarcastic.  The 1% is awesome.

Edited by Scott

I find it frustrating that so few people are recommending a dalinar/lift pairing. To me, it seems nearly certain, age difference not withstanding. Here are my reasons. Dalinar is awesome.  Lift is also awesome. I rest my case. 

e/ its so hard to avoid trolling this thread.  I've deleted at least five replied I had typed out before I posted them.  These ones got away from me  :unsure: My post is 99% sarcastic.  The 1% is awesome.

Lol.

Honestly, I don't see a romantic interest for Kaladin really.

Jasnah is far too mindful of her status as well as too obsessive of her studies to consider a relationship. She seems to distain romance almost as childish.

Plus the scandal of a princess being involved with a darkeyes!

That is not even to consider Kaladin's innate distrust of all lighteyes.

I also think Shallan would infuriate Kaladin. One of the things Kaladin hate about the lighteyes is their ability to talk in knots and use clever words to demean others. He may well see this in Shallan's quick tongue because of his prejudice.

I can see Shallan / Adolin / Renarin love triangle as a thing definitely.

Edited by MadRand

Part of the reason I see a Kaladin x Jasnah pairing is that Jasnah seems to have had trouble with men before. I often thought that she became so independent/strong because some man took advantage of her (maybe Gavilar, Navani says he wasn't all that awesome) and now she doesn't really trust men anymore. I feel like Kaladin could heal that rift in her heart . And maybe she could heal the damage Laral did to him concerning light eyed women. Give and take relationship.

Very forward thinking, but I just don't think that Teft is Kaladin's type. :P

Agree, the age diference is to great ;)

(Same reason why Jasnadin have a poor chance too)

=)

That and the fact that in Kaladin X Teft there is to many "spears" and to few "shields" if you catch my drift 

Edited by Natans

I have never handed out so many upvotes before. This thread is awesome, especially since I'm already a fan of Kaladin/Jasnah or Kalasnah (prefer that do Jasnahdin or whatever). I've already suggested it in FeatherWriter's shippingthread, but I havent' been able to formulate it as well as several of you guys in this thread.

I support the proposed “shipping,” but I'm not so much comfortable with the supporting arguments of the OP.

• I don’t agree with Kaladin being an “academic,” per se. He is fairly well educated for a soldier, but he’s not even a fully trained surgeon. 
  • Kal is honorable, I will give you that, but I also don’t know if he is the character who values peace the most in the Stormlight Archives; he just appears to be against senseless killing. 
  • I question the speculation of 1) Jasnah being sexually abused; and 2) Kaladin disabusing her of her notions about men. 
  • etc... (Argent has some good counters to the assertions of the OP, as well)

Having said all of that, I can see the potential coupling of Kaladin and Jasnah. 

First, let’s assume that Kal will be paired up with someone in the series.  I don’t see him getting back with Laral; I think that chapter of his life is closed.  I reject the pairing of Kaladin and Shallan; I think it’s too “storybook romance” for the born-poor hero and the innocent noble heroine to find each other and band together to defeat the bad guys.  I’d be shocked if Brandon did that (although he could always try to turn that trope on it’s head).  Kal could end up with someone else we haven’t been introduced to yet; that’s always possible.  But as of the end of TWoK, I think Jasnah is the best fit.

Second, Brandon likes to challenge convention and I think the Jasnah/Kaladin pairing would do that.  Why not have the mature/ educated/non-traditional princess who’s kind of a rebel pair with the once-naïve/hard-on-his-luck/now-empowered countryman with aspirations for doing the best for his people (the Bridgemen).

Also, I believe that Jasnah could find Kal intriguing.  He’s clearly not your average man.  A dark-eyes who rescued her uncle and cousin from treachery, while being a slave? Who was then elevated to Captain and is personably responsible for the safety of her uncle, cousins, brother, and likely, herself?  Plus, it is likely that he will be respectful and properly deferential, but I don’t see him being meek or timid around her.  Kaladin has shown that he will stand up to Light-eyes and not blindly follow any fool notion.  I could see someone like Jasnah respecting that.  I could also see the puzzle of an educated, former-bridgeman who is trained in surgery as somewhat fascinating to someone like Jasnah.

As for why Kaladin would be into Jasnah?  She's intelligent, she's confident, she's resourceful, she speaks her mind (something I'm sure he'd respect), she's pragmatic, she's capable, etc.  Assuming that WoR shows Kaladin's progression towards having-faith-in/trusting (certain) Light-eyes again, as well as showing his exposure to other Surgebinders, Jasnah would be a logical option (and yes, I know that Shallan would too, but I still reject that pairing  ;) )

So it's something I would pull for in The Stormlight Archive, and would love to see the genesis of it begin in WoR.

Best arguments for a Kaladin/Jasnah relationship.

I don't have the book with me now but I'm pretty sure he talks about his dead people regret list, then mentions Tarah and specifically thinks that he failed her in a different way than others. I read it as he screwed up the relationship and regrets it now.

Tarah is mentioned on The Way of Kings pages 874 and 880. She is quite subtly not mentioned in the "death-list" of page 919.

Honestly, I don't see a romantic interest for Kaladin really.

Jasnah is far too mindful of her status as well as too obsessive of her studies to consider a relationship. She seems to distain romance almost as childish.

Plus the scandal of a princess being involved with a darkeyes!

That is not even to consider Kaladin's innate distrust of all lighteyes.

I also think Shallan would infuriate Kaladin. One of the things Kaladin hate about the lighteyes is their ability to talk in knots and use clever words to demean others. He may well see this in Shallan's quick tongue because of his prejudice.

I can see Shallan / Adolin / Renarin love triangle as a thing definitely.

I honestly do not see the charm of a Shallan/Adolin. Am I the only one who kind of liked Dalan and hopes Adolin stays with her? Shallan/Renarin, on the other hand, is cute.

I honestly do not see the charm of a Shallan/Adolin. Am I the only one who kind of liked Dalan and hopes Adolin stays with her? Shallan/Renarin, on the other hand, is cute.

I don't trust Dalan, to me she is a spy (Sadeas?) or have a secret agenda. Adolin will gonna suffer in the hand of this one, not that he don't deserve a little bit of payback for all his womanizer ways, after all some days you hunt some days you are hunted ;)

I don't trust Dalan, to me she is a spy (Sadeas?) or have a secret agenda. Adolin will gonna suffer in the hand of this one, not that he don't deserve a little bit of payback for all his womanizer ways, after all some days you hunt some days you are hunted ;)

I believe this is being unfair to Adolin. I will agree that he is a bit flighty in his relationships, but I don't believe that he is a womanizer. I'm fairly certain that he treats the women he courts honorably. I'm also fairly sure if he was doing otherwise it would get back to his father and there would be hell to pay. When the prostitute in Sadeas camp offers to spend some time with him to thank him for his assistance, he refuses by saying his father followed the old ways and would kill him if he accepted her offer.

I have yet to see any reason to suspect Dalan of nefarious purposes.

I believe this is being unfair to Adolin. I will agree that he is a bit flighty in his relationships, but I don't believe that he is a womanizer. I'm fairly certain that he treats the women he courts honorably. I'm also fairly sure if he was doing otherwise it would get back to his father and there would be hell to pay. When the prostitute in Sadeas camp offers to spend some time with him to thank him for his assistance, he refuses by saying his father followed the old ways and would kill him if he accepted her offer.

I have yet to see any reason to suspect Dalan of nefarious purposes.

...Cofcof... She is a lighteye, I can't really tell you way but she is suspicius ;)

Gloom dear friend, Adolin courted more women in this book that I can remember (five or six). I don't desire that he suffer, but to him receive a little bit of his own poison is gonna be good, there is nothing a like smart&beutiful woman to make a man idiot, how knows maybe he could emerge a better man after being made a fool =) 

(And let's be honest he get bored of a woman then he ignore or make stupid mistakes that infuriate her, not a very gallant knight in my book)

Edited by Natans

• Chaos locked this topic