Kalasnah

Sasukerinnegan

I find it frustrating that so few people are recommending kaladin/jasnah pairing. To me, it seems nearly certain, age difference not withstanding. Here are my reasons. Jasnah loves academics, she goes so far as to say that one of the only times she actually connected with her father was when he was researching the parshendi. And Kaladin is an academic, a surgeon in training. Next reason, she really likes (perhaps I am using the wrong word here)/ looks up to honourable people. She clearly tells Shallan not to insult Taravangian, Bcoz she believes him to be as honourable as Dalinar. And Kaladin is certainly honourable. She is clearly disturbed in another comment about the present trend of encouraging warriors over those who bring peace to their nations. Kaladin is the character in the Stormlight archives who loves peace the most. Then I have subtler reasons, if u remember this comment by Shallan after Jasnah soul cast those robbers in Kharbranth. Jasnah says "Besides, men like those......" . Shallan thinks in horror " What was done to you? And who did it? " ( if any admins can insert the proper quotes here,I would be thankful. I don' t know how to insert quotes from the book). I believe this is hinting at some severe abuse, perhaps sexual abuse suffered by Jasnah in her childhood. Perhaps this is in part the reason for Jasnah being single for so long. Then Kaladin is a good guy and can disabuse Jasnah of her wrong notions about men. Now let me list Kaladin's reasons. Kaladin is severely distrustful of light eyes. Jasnah can disabuse him of his wrong notions. Then, Hoid has given him a flute and asks him to learn it. But in Vorin society, the only one who can teach him is a woman. Here note that initially when Jasnah was testing Shallan, she tests her in MUSIC BUT NOT DRAWING, although both are of the feminine arts and she comments," the visual arts are frivolity". This would mean she does not consider music frivolous, perhaps Jasnah is secretly highly talented in music as Shallan in drawing. She can teach Kaladin the flute. Also if Jasnah has to become a Radiant, she needs to know how to fight and among a conservative Vorin light eyed society, Kaladin is probably the only one who will agree to teach her the art of war. (Both Dalinar and adolin are shown as highly skeptical of women in the battlefield). I rest my case.

He would have contact with Her when she goes to the plains. I could see her finding him interesting just being a dark eyes who has power. I don't think it would last if they did become a thing unless she has changed a lot in the last few years after her fathers death. I also think it would take a lot to make Kaladin trust her with his inherent distrust of light eyes.  

I would say that for this pairing to reach any kind of real social parity, Kaladin would first have to become the leader of the Windrunners, if not the Knights Radiant as a whole before he could be deemed a social equal to Jasnah. I don't find it beyond belief, but I do think it would be a long and drawn out romance. It is entirely possible that the process of infusing (and healing) slows the aging process, something Jasnah may have been doing for about six years. If this is so, it would minimize the age gap somewhat.

Just throwing this out there - why does there have to be a romance at all? Jasnah is said to be 34, so when she first started showing signs of a Nahel bond at age 29, she was already an old maid by the standards of her society. I don't think Brandon is going to do a repeat of Wheel of Time, where every character gets paired off with another character.

Tarah/Kaladin, Mark my words. Amaram return will bring back a old love of Kaladin =0

I don't see "Jasnadin" being viable, friend maybe, mutual respect for sure, but love no deal.

I believe that there is many characters to be introduced, and a I don't believe that we need pair everyone yet.

And Brandon love let little secrets hidden in his books, healready set someone in Kaladin past and I'm sure that he done this with a motive.

Tarah look to be someone dear to Kaladin that the have insolved business, that is my bet =)

Edited by Natans

I am sorry, but there is very little I can agree with in your post... Let me explain why:

• I am not sure Kaladin belongs to the academia. Was training as a surgeon involved mostly route memorization, and this is not what academia is about. Academia is about research and the pursuit - and discovery - of new knowledge. 
  • Does Jasnah explicitly state her respect for honorable people? I think she referred to Taravangian as "a good man." But even if she called him honorable, he is only one man with one trait; Jasnah has made it clear that she respects... scholarly qualities. The brain over the heart, per se. And while Kaladin is far from stupid, I already said that I don't see him as a scholar.
  • Kaladin loves peace? Last I checked he was still pretty convinced that the only way to talk to Amaram and Sadeas was with fists. He is also still a warrior - don't mistake his honor for peacefulness or pacifism. Plus, Captain of the Cobalt Guard is hardly a title Jasnah will associate with dislike of war.
  • This entire line of reasoning about Jasnah's possible abuse in the past, and how Kaladin will redeem the male gender in her eyes... that's grasping for straws. Maybe Jasnah has a history of abuse. Maybe it was sexual. Maybe Kaladin (and not some other good man) will make a strong impression on her. Maybe she will grow to love him. 
    My thoughts are similar about Kaladin's flute and Jasnah's hypothetical secret skill in music.
  • Kaladin's mistrust can be lifted by Shallan just as easily as by Jasnah. Or Dalinar for that matter - there is no reason to require a woman and a sexual partner for this.
  • Not all Radiants were fighters. The Elsecallers even feel like one of the less warrior-like Orders - they would have to rely entirely on Stormlight to fight their enemies, which could be difficult, impractical, and / or expensive. Much easier to send a, say, Windrunner who can still do a lot of damage with relatively little Stormlight.

Now, if you still haven't decided to find me and rip my throat out, let me say that I am notoriously bad at giving negative feedback. I don't know how to make it not sound almost like insults. But I do disagree with your theory, and the bullet points above are why.

She clearly tells Shallan not to insult Taravangian, Bcoz she believes him to be as honourable as Dalinar

To be clear, Jasnah doesn't like him because she thinks he's honorable. Jasnah's spren is also likely to be more of Cultivation, so I think she's not all that into being honorable.

“Taravangian is a wonderful man,” Jasnah said, “and worth a hundred self-proclaimed experts on courtly ways. He reminds me of my uncle Dalinar. Earnest, sincere, concerned.”

This, I think, sets up the stage for Jasnah + Taravangian. They'd be perfect for each other! They're somewhat matched in morality (potentially very matched), both scholarly (though Taravangian's scholarship is somewhat messier), and both are older. To boot, they're matched politically! Jasnah is a princess, and Taravangian is the king of a very small nation. Taravangian's political power is likely to grow, but when his assassination attempt on Dalinar doesn't work out, a political marriage between Jasnah and Taravangian would be the best way to unite the Empire of Taravangian and Alethkar.

What's Kaladin got to offer that Taravangian doesn't have? His youthful body? Jasnah is mature enough to know that looks aren't everything.

So no, Kalasnah isn't going to be a thing. Jasnah + Taravangian, on the other hand...

... is unlikely, but one can hope.

Edited by Moogle

I support the proposed “shipping,” but I'm not so much comfortable with the supporting arguments of the OP.

• I don’t agree with Kaladin being an “academic,” per se. He is fairly well educated for a soldier, but he’s not even a fully trained surgeon. 
  • Kal is honorable, I will give you that, but I also don’t know if he is the character who values peace the most in the Stormlight Archives; he just appears to be against senseless killing. 
  • I question the speculation of 1) Jasnah being sexually abused; and 2) Kaladin disabusing her of her notions about men. 
  • etc... (Argent has some good counters to the assertions of the OP, as well)

Having said all of that, I can see the potential coupling of Kaladin and Jasnah. 

First, let’s assume that Kal will be paired up with someone in the series.  I don’t see him getting back with Laral; I think that chapter of his life is closed.  I reject the pairing of Kaladin and Shallan; I think it’s too “storybook romance” for the born-poor hero and the innocent noble heroine to find each other and band together to defeat the bad guys.  I’d be shocked if Brandon did that (although he could always try to turn that trope on it’s head).  Kal could end up with someone else we haven’t been introduced to yet; that’s always possible.  But as of the end of TWoK, I think Jasnah is the best fit.

Second, Brandon likes to challenge convention and I think the Jasnah/Kaladin pairing would do that.  Why not have the mature/ educated/non-traditional princess who’s kind of a rebel pair with the once-naïve/hard-on-his-luck/now-empowered countryman with aspirations for doing the best for his people (the Bridgemen).

Also, I believe that Jasnah could find Kal intriguing.  He’s clearly not your average man.  A dark-eyes who rescued her uncle and cousin from treachery, while being a slave? Who was then elevated to Captain and is personably responsible for the safety of her uncle, cousins, brother, and likely, herself?  Plus, it is likely that he will be respectful and properly deferential, but I don’t see him being meek or timid around her.  Kaladin has shown that he will stand up to Light-eyes and not blindly follow any fool notion.  I could see someone like Jasnah respecting that.  I could also see the puzzle of an educated, former-bridgeman who is trained in surgery as somewhat fascinating to someone like Jasnah.

As for why Kaladin would be into Jasnah?  She's intelligent, she's confident, she's resourceful, she speaks her mind (something I'm sure he'd respect), she's pragmatic, she's capable, etc.  Assuming that WoR shows Kaladin's progression towards having-faith-in/trusting (certain) Light-eyes again, as well as showing his exposure to other Surgebinders, Jasnah would be a logical option (and yes, I know that Shallan would too, but I still reject that pairing  ;) )

So it's something I would pull for in The Stormlight Archive, and would love to see the genesis of it begin in WoR.

Edited by KiManiak

I think Jasnah x Kaladin is extremely viable. Probably because Kaladin is the only person I've seen up til now that is worthy of her and can keep up with her.

Jasnah is extremely used to getting her own way, especially with men. I think she'll find a challenge in Kaladin. She'll either love him or hate him :D 

Edited by Fistsofrage

Marianmi - Kalift? Hah!  

Maybe Kaladin is just a little too old her for her.

Lift wouldn't approve; she doesn't trust anyone who's older than 10.  Now if Kaladin were to convince Lift that he's 10... for the 8th/9th time...

Of course, Kaladin could always try to woo her by promising her some of Elhokar's dinner...

Marianmi - Kalift? Hah!  

Maybe Kaladin is just a little too old her for her.

Lift wouldn't approve; she doesn't trust anyone who's older than 10.  Now if Kaladin were to convince Lift that he's 10... for the 8th/9th time...

Of course, Kaladin could always try to woo her by promising her some of Elhokar's dinner...

Rock probably makes better food.

I am sorry, but there is very little I can agree with in your post... Let me explain why:

• I am not sure Kaladin belongs to the academia. Was training as a surgeon involved mostly route memorization, and this is not what academia is about. Academia is about research and the pursuit - and discovery - of new knowledge. 
  • Does Jasnah explicitly state her respect for honorable people? I think she referred to Taravangian as "a good man." But even if she called him honorable, he is only one man with one trait; Jasnah has made it clear that she respects... scholarly qualities. The brain over the heart, per se. And while Kaladin is far from stupid, I already said that I don't see him as a scholar.
  • Kaladin loves peace? Last I checked he was still pretty convinced that the only way to talk to Amaram and Sadeas was with fists. He is also still a warrior - don't mistake his honor for peacefulness or pacifism. Plus, Captain of the Cobalt Guard is hardly a title Jasnah will associate with dislike of war.
  • This entire line of reasoning about Jasnah's possible abuse in the past, and how Kaladin will redeem the male gender in her eyes... that's grasping for straws. Maybe Jasnah has a history of abuse. Maybe it was sexual. Maybe Kaladin (and not some other good man) will make a strong impression on her. Maybe she will grow to love him. 

My thoughts are similar about Kaladin's flute and Jasnah's hypothetical secret skill in music.

• Kaladin's mistrust can be lifted by Shallan just as easily as by Jasnah. Or Dalinar for that matter - there is no reason to require a woman and a sexual partner for this.
  • Not all Radiants were fighters. The Elsecallers even feel like one of the less warrior-like Orders - they would have to rely entirely on Stormlight to fight their enemies, which could be difficult, impractical, and / or expensive. Much easier to send a, say, Windrunner who can still do a lot of damage with relatively little Stormlight.

Now, if you still haven't decided to find me and rip my throat out, let me say that I am notoriously bad at giving negative feedback. I don't know how to make it not sound almost like insults. But I do disagree with your theory, and the bullet points above are why.

I cannot agree with ur first point. As I am a medical student myself, I simply cannot agree with ur statement that medicine is mere memorization and with no relation to academics. Such a statement is totally ridiculous.

Also, Jasnah has repeatedly said many times,directly or indirectly, that she respects honourable people.

U are right in saying that Kaladin wants to get revenge on Sadeas and Amaram, but and this is an important but, he believes in violence as a means of achieving peace, no matter how paradoxical it may seem. Jasnah makes a similar statement to Liss, the assassin, when she says, “Assassination is distasteful, Liss. So is cleaning out chamber pots. I can respect the one employed for such jobs without admiring the job itself.”. Again, she kills the robbers in Kharbranth without the slightest remorse, which Shallan finds abhorrent. Here I would like to point out that Kaladin and Jasnah are similar in their views, that although they would prefer peace, they are both ready to commit violence as a means of achieving peace.

I admit both my statements about Jasnah's sexual abuse and her skill in music are speculative, but then isn't that the point of these threads, that we speculate about the content of WoR? Also, if u believe I am wrong, then please give me an alternative interpretation of these lines.

Point about Kaladin's mistrust is acceptable to me.

Now about the last point, I won't comment on all Radiants but about the Elsecallers, who control the surges of Transformation and Transportation, their millitary applications are obvious and numerous. Think about it, they can literally transform one substance to another substance,meaning barricades, barriers, walls, castles of any kind would provide no defence against them, they could literally reduce it to smoke. They would be far better and more efficient assassins than Szeth son son Vallano since they could easily transport themselves anywhere and take out only the intended target. If they can help transport others, as I suspect, then an order of Elsecallers could easily transport small armies behind enemy lines and cause havoc. They can help transport survivors, relay info instantly to commanders etc. If a Windrunner and an Elsecaller were to fight, both trained well, I suspect the Elsecaller would be far more likely to win, since what's to stop the Elsecaller from teleporting herself suddenly behind the Windrunner and taking him out with a simple knife? Kaladin himself admits,

“And why,” Kaladin said, “would they need to both walk on walls and fly? If they can fly, why would they bother running up walls?”

Teft said nothing.

“And why bother with either one,” Kaladin added, “if they can just ‘move great distances in a heartbeat’?”

Please forgive me if my comments seem too aggressive, but I am a debater at heart and just cannot resist a good challenge.

Also reasons why I do not agree with Shallan/ Kaladin pairing.

1. Shallan and Syl are too similar. To a reader, it would be nightmarish reading, with both of them cracking similar jokes and laughing about.

2. Shallan once thinks

Indeed, if Shallan had possessed the time to train under Jasnah, the sheer prestige of a Kholin affiliation might have been enough to save her house.

This, I believe indicates a near definite pairing with Adolin or Renarin.

3.Shallan is too emotionally immature when compared to Jasnah or Kaladin. She has lived a far more sheltered life and despite her horrific experiences, she seems slightly naive (perhaps I am using the wrong word here) and trusting.

Edited by Sasukerinnegan

I like Kalasnah because it has issues of age and status.  I wonder whether they are both too serious to attract each other and I haven't a clue about Jasnah's orientation.

Shallan/Kaladin seems too predictable.  OTOH, they mesh well on the flippant wordplay, which recalls Kaladin's mother to him and seems positive.  Kaladin's steadiness could be attractive to Shallan. She could distract him more effectively than Syl, helping him out of his depressive side.  If it turns out that Kaladin killed her brother, that could cause interesting issues on both sides. 

If Jasnah does find men interesting, I enjoy imagining the most cracked ship possible: JaSzeth.  I imagine Szeth failing in the assassination of Dalinar and convincing himself to give up his Truthless ways.  They are both accomplished mature people.  I don't really have a feel for Szeth's personality or what Jasnah would find attractive though.  This provides the most interesting murder-of-family-member issues.  At this point Szeth seems like the Gollum of this series, so definitely a cracked possibility. 

I like Kalasnah because it has issues of age and status.  I wonder whether they are both too serious to attract each other and I haven't a clue about Jasnah's orientation.

Shallan/Kaladin seems too predictable.  OTOH, they mesh well on the flippant wordplay, which recalls Kaladin's mother to him and seems positive.  Kaladin's steadiness could be attractive to Shallan. She could distract him more effectively than Syl, helping him out of his depressive side.  If it turns out that Kaladin killed her brother, that could cause interesting issues on both sides. 

If Jasnah does find men interesting, I enjoy imagining the most cracked ship possible: JaSzeth.  I imagine Szeth failing in the assassination of Dalinar and convincing himself to give up his Truthless ways.  They are both accomplished mature people.  I don't really have a feel for Szeth's personality or what Jasnah would find attractive though.  This provides the most interesting murder-of-family-member issues.  At this point Szeth seems like the Gollum of this series, so definitely a cracked possibility. 

Jaznah X Szeth, Wow, that is different. I think that, given the plot, is more probably Szeth and Kaladin spear in his gut shipping =)

Hoser, You remember that Szeth killed her father ? I can't think in a worst way to seduce a woman than kill her father.

Just saying =)

I support the proposed “shipping,” but I'm not so much comfortable with the supporting arguments of the OP.

• I don’t agree with Kaladin being an “academic,” per se. He is fairly well educated for a soldier, but he’s not even a fully trained surgeon. 
  • Kal is honorable, I will give you that, but I also don’t know if he is the character who values peace the most in the Stormlight Archives; he just appears to be against senseless killing. 
  • I question the speculation of 1) Jasnah being sexually abused; and 2) Kaladin disabusing her of her notions about men. 
  • etc... (Argent has some good counters to the assertions of the OP, as well)

Having said all of that, I can see the potential coupling of Kaladin and Jasnah. 

First, let’s assume that Kal will be paired up with someone in the series.  I don’t see him getting back with Laral; I think that chapter of his life is closed.  I reject the pairing of Kaladin and Shallan; I think it’s too “storybook romance” for the born-poor hero and the innocent noble heroine to find each other and band together to defeat the bad guys.  I’d be shocked if Brandon did that (although he could always try to turn that trope on it’s head).  Kal could end up with someone else we haven’t been introduced to yet; that’s always possible.  But as of the end of TWoK, I think Jasnah is the best fit.

Second, Brandon likes to challenge convention and I think the Jasnah/Kaladin pairing would do that.  Why not have the mature/ educated/non-traditional princess who’s kind of a rebel pair with the once-naïve/hard-on-his-luck/now-empowered countryman with aspirations for doing the best for his people (the Bridgemen).

Also, I believe that Jasnah could find Kal intriguing.  He’s clearly not your average man.  A dark-eyes who rescued her uncle and cousin from treachery, while being a slave? Who was then elevated to Captain and is personably responsible for the safety of her uncle, cousins, brother, and likely, herself?  Plus, it is likely that he will be respectful and properly deferential, but I don’t see him being meek or timid around her.  Kaladin has shown that he will stand up to Light-eyes and not blindly follow any fool notion.  I could see someone like Jasnah respecting that.  I could also see the puzzle of an educated, former-bridgeman who is trained in surgery as somewhat fascinating to someone like Jasnah.

As for why Kaladin would be into Jasnah?  She's intelligent, she's confident, she's resourceful, she speaks her mind (something I'm sure he'd respect), she's pragmatic, she's capable, etc.  Assuming that WoR shows Kaladin's progression towards having-faith-in/trusting (certain) Light-eyes again, as well as showing his exposure to other Surgebinders, Jasnah would be a logical option (and yes, I know that Shallan would too, but I still reject that pairing  ;) )

So it's something I would pull for in The Stormlight Archive, and would love to see the genesis of it begin in WoR.

Yeah pretty much agree with you on all of this.  I think the initial gulf between their ranks when we first meet them are worth them getting together.

Imagine Kaladin the lowest of the low Branded, sold, given a spot to take an arrow so another man could eventually charge over his corpse but secretly killed a full shardbearer, trained in surgery (and surge binding, lots of surging going on here :D ) trains his former arrow bait companions into a force capable of rescuing thousands of soldiers and a pair of full shardbearers, even though he has a serious hate-on for the lighteyes that comprise a good portion of it.

Now imagine Jasnah a woman whom goes where she wants does what she wants is seen being asked for favors by other Kings and a noted spinster (of 34 HAH), and capable of vaporizing, crystallizing and other wise turning hardened murderers into corpsicles with a mere wave of her hand, sister to the king and academic whom has a short way with fools and cut-purses.

Now what could they do together that would be awesome?  Well My thought is if Jasnah gets Teleporting in some way and Kaladin has Windrunning I think they could be like playing Half-Life with the portal gun in one hand and the gravity gun in another.  Yeah I want to see all of that and the looks of shock as Jasnah walks past any number of highprinces whom would like to woo her to take the arm of a man that has "Dangerous" Branded onto his forehead.  Yeah that makes me chuckle a bit.

Oh and yeah I also agree with Natans above me.  If I see anything but Jasnah want to turn szeth into a pile of chull dung I would be a bit surprised and saddened.

Edited by Looter

Wow, some strong opinions here.

I found this paragraph amusing. So the destitute noble woman is too storybook, but hooking up with the princess is cool? :huh:

If a Windrunner and an Elsecaller were to fight, both trained well, I suspect the Elsecaller would be far more likely to win, since what's to stop the Elsecaller from teleporting herself suddenly behind the Windrunner and taking him out with a simple knife? Kaladin himself admits,

A Windrunners abilities lend themselves to melee combat. They can be used for other purposes, but they are quite efficient when used in combat. They are faster than others, more skilled, and better trained in combat, because combat is what they do and stormlight aids them in that purpose. An Elsecaller may be trained in combat, but even if they are trained exclusively in combat, the talents of a Windrunner lend themselves far more perfectly to combat than those of an Elsecaller. I think the answer to your question is the Windrunner would stop themselves being taken out by a simple knife. Sure in the chaos of battle, someone may get lucky and stab a Windrunner to death, but they would really need that luck, because Kaladin has been surrounded on all sides by Parshendi warriors and he managed to get by just fine.

"Oh Szeth your bald head and round eyes are so cute, it's a shame you had to murder my father in cold blood, but I'm so over that!"

LOL, that's a pretty funny ship hoser

Tarah/Kaladin, Mark my words. Amaram return will bring back a old love of Kaladin =0

I don't see "Jasnadin" being viable, friend maybe, mutual respect for sure, but love no deal.

I believe that there is many characters to be introduced, and a I don't believe that we need pair everyone yet.

And Brandon love let little secrets hidden in his books, healready set someone in Kaladin past and I'm sure that he done this with a motive.

Tarah look to be someone dear to Kaladin that the have insolved business, that is my bet =)

This is what I'm hoping for Kaladin as well. I don't like how Kaladin has left everything of his old life behind. Though to be fair, he didn't leave them behind so much as they were taken from him. Still, I'd like it if someone came back. Other than Amaram that is, hatred for lighteyes is more or less constant for Kaladin so he's not bringing anything new.

And yeah, I didn't get the sense Tarah was a random bit of trivia from Kaladin's time in the army. I can totally see Brandon foreshadowing a romantic interest for Kaladin.

If Jasnah does find men interesting, I enjoy imagining the most cracked ship possible: JaSzeth. ...  This provides the most interesting murder-of-family-member issues

Hoser, You remember that Szeth killed her father ?

Umm, yeah?

I can't think in a worst way to seduce a woman than kill her father.

Kill the woman?  Have the woman watch you kill her uncle? Be a nearly insane mass murderer choosing to slavishly obey anybody who carries a certain stone? Serve a serial-killing old person that on his "good days" thinks that depriving the world of all other effective leadership on the eve of a crisis is a good idea?  Serve someone who on his "bad days" is not allowed to lead?

Totally cracked. But, Brandon.

Edited by hoser

Gloom – I’m glad you were amused; the point of this site is to be fun and entertaining, right?  ;)

So are you saying Shallan (the “destitute noble woman”) who is around the same age as Kaladin (our “brave young hero,” if you will) being paired together is less “storybook” –and by extension less trope-like–  then pairing Kaladin with Jasnah (the cynical, “spinster-like princess”), who is about twice his age? 

What stories and tales have you been reading? B)   Isn't the “significantly-older-suitor hooks up with the young, hard-on-their-luck-innocent” type of story, traditionally told with the male being the elder?

I do go into more detail about why I don’t think a Jasnah and Kaladin pairing is your typical storybook pairing in my next few paragraphs.    And like I said (and as you quoted) as of the end of TWoK, I think Jasnah is the best fit.

Finally yes, hooking up with a princess (or prince, for that matter, depending on your preference) is usually very cool.   :D

This is what I'm hoping for Kaladin as well. I don't like how Kaladin has left everything of his old life behind. Though to be fair, he didn't leave them behind so much as they were taken from him. Still, I'd like it if someone came back. Other than Amaram that is, hatred for lighteyes is more or less constant for Kaladin so he's not bringing anything new.

And yeah, I didn't get the sense Tarah was a random bit of trivia from Kaladin's time in the army. I can totally see Brandon foreshadowing a romantic interest for Kaladin.

Finally an accomplice ;)

I'm so set in this theory that I could bet =)

And well, Kaladin will be Knight(in a probably very shine armor) and Jasnah is a pricess(that probably will have a veryyyy shine armor too).

So they kind fit the trope Princess find a Knight in shine armor and fall in love. Just saying =)

@KiManiak — see Natans post above. I couldn't have put it better myself, even if I don't agree with it.

By the way, if you read the cover blurb of WoR, it sounds like Kaladin and Shallan will be spending some time together on the Shattered Plains. Just saying.

I personally could care less if Kaladin burns all the ships and pillages the natives like a good conquistador.