I just wrote Gelliton's full backstory. It is so depressing that I wanted to cry for her. :(  Is this normal? I also learned a great deal about Bellingham, Washington.

yeah :( poor evil Epics of ours

Conversation between myself and my brother:

Me: I want to cry for Gelliton, her story is so sad.

Him: Couldn't you have made it happier?

Me: That isn't how epics work, they can't be saccharine. Well there is one called Saccharine, but her story isn't saccharine. Anyway, they can't be just happy funtimes, well except for Doctor Funtimes, but her life still isn't great by any measure.

Him: Right... *backs away slowly*.

Aside from that last line, it is both true and accidental.

hahahaha

I just wrote Gelliton's full backstory. It is so depressing that I wanted to cry for her. :(  Is this normal? I also learned a great deal about Bellingham, Washington.

Pretty much. Scribblers is pretty notable for its terribleness among my characters. Neverthere on the other hand has no tragic backstory to use as justification for her actions, she's just a manipulative sociopath.

It doesn't help that these Epics don't really have a choice about going evil. I mean, some of them do embrace it, but it's not like they were evil to begin with.

Neverthere was always a bit of a sociopath, she's not really evil but she wouldn't cross the street to save a life unless it benefited her.

Neverthere was always a bit of a sociopath, she's not really evil but she wouldn't cross the street to save a life unless it benefited her.

True, and canon Epics had their share of pre-Calamity awfulness (Steelheart) but Epics like Megan and Prof don't seem to fall into that category; and had Regalia's plan worked, David definitely wouldn't have.

Yeah, she sounds like the kind of person who when you need her is never there. <_<

As she will herself happily proclaim at the slightest provocation due to a strange joy in reciting her name as frequently as possible.  <_< 

True, and canon Epics had their share of pre-Calamity awfulness (Steelheart) but Epics like Megan and Prof don't seem to fall into that category; and had Regalia's plan worked, David definitely wouldn't have.

No, sadly most are probably just good normal people who got stuck in a lousy situation and were forced to rage-murder the only people who could have helped them out of it when they went on their Rending. :(

Calamity is a pile of chull dung.

As she will herself happily proclaim at the slightest provocation due to a strange joy in reciting her name as frequently as possible. <_<

No, sadly most are probably just good normal people who got stuck in a lousy situation and were forced to rage-murder the only people who could have helped them out of it when they went on their Rending. :(

Calamity is a pile of chull dung.

"NEVERTHERE IS UNMERCIFUL! HER POWERS UNYIELDING! HER THIRD PERSON SPEECH ANNOYING!"

He's basically picking on traumatized people who need help. :(

It doesn't help that these Epics don't really have a choice about going evil. I mean, some of them do embrace it, but it's not like they were evil to begin with.

That moment we tell people that Nighthound used to be a nice guy. :ph34r:

You mean apart from the whole terrorism murdering people for a living part. :ph34r:

As she will herself happily proclaim at the slightest provocation due to a strange joy in reciting her name as frequently as possible.  <_<

You now, we all have our quircks and it would be a whole lot better if this was her only one without the whole sociopathy deal. :ph34r: How's she doing by the way?

Edited by Edgedancer

You mean apart from the whole terrorism murdering people for a living part. :ph34r:

You now, we all have our quircks and it would be a whole lot better if this was her only one without the whole sociopathy deal. :ph34r: How's she doing by the way?

...is the moment people across the interwebs are stunned into silence. :P

He lived in a hellhole where all evidence pointed to Epics being inhuman monsters, with the only way to restore peace being to kill them. It's not like he did it for the lolz. ;)

Doing ok, I've been holding off on a post until PP and Saccharine need a scene too since I don't like making tiny posts and she'd essentially just agree, dispense some basic information and then vanish to go spy on people, maybe do something horrific and wildly inappropriate with Nighthound before she leaves. Like look at him in a non-horrified manner or something.

Doing ok, I've been holding off on a post until PP and Saccharine need a scene too since I don't like making tiny posts and she'd essentially just agree, dispense some basic information and then vanish to go spy on people, maybe do something horrific and wildly inappropriate with Nighthound before she leaves. Like look at him in a non-horrified manner or something.

Not recognizing Nighthound as something that needs to be purged from exsistence, pure evil indeed! Anyway, I guess I can't help with that unless they want to have a talk with Lucentia.

Call him a rebellious bad boy again? <_<

So... recently, I've been thinking about starting a "quest" style plotline where a group of people get teleported away from their home, and have to journey back to fight the Epic who conquered it. It would be more plot-driven than character-driven, and would (hopefully) have some interactions with the other Oregon cities. Where do you think that would go?

That sounds pretty interesting.

Although to be honest, Oregon is getting pretty crowded, so I think adding in more Epics and Epic-controlled cities (other than Eugene which we have a solid plan for sometime in the future) is stretching it in my humble opinion.

What if these characters are teleported away from an existing city, and they have to travel primarily through other places (California maybe?) to get back?

That sounds pretty interesting.

Although to be honest, Oregon is getting pretty crowded, so I think adding in more Epics and Epic-controlled cities (other than Eugene which we have a solid plan for sometime in the future) is stretching it in my humble opinion.

What if these characters are teleported away from an existing city, and they have to travel primarily through other places (California maybe?) to get back?

Well, pretty much all of our current plotlines are concentrated in the Northwest, and I was imagining the characters (only 2-3 Epics) being from somewhere in the far east, like *googles map of Oregon* Richland or Halfway. The real question is whether something like this fits in with the attitude of the RP. It would have a centralized plot line after all, so I'd definitely be writing it myself, with little to no interaction with other peoples' characters.

My instincts say it's a fanfic of Oregon subplot, but I'm sort of hesitant to put it there because FFOO feels like it's only semi-canon (well, calling it even semi-canon might be pushing it a bit ^_^,) and I'm planning to have this whole thing interact a bit with some of my characters as it travels through the state. :mellow: Should I just embed it in another thread, like The Dalles? It will probably interact the most with Orange Crush, after all (you'll see,) and that was where the Paladin subplot was put. This will be a tad longer than Paladin's, though.

Edited by Mckeedee123

Edge, you will be pleased to learn I introduced my sister to "PartyXParty." She has synesthesia, so she sees colors in music. Voices especially take on colors to her. As she listened and watched, her eye twitched occasionally. "Wow," she said when it was over. "I have never seen so much neon in one song. The rookie's voice was electric blue."

Somehow, that fits the song perfectly. :ph34r:

I mostly just want to find out what happened with Vondra, Shiny, and Jack. :ph34r:

You could say that I have some investment into finding out how that goes as well. :ph34r:

Edge, you will be pleased to learn I introduced my sister to "PartyXParty." She has synesthesia, so she sees colors in music. Voices especially take on colors to her. As she listened and watched, her eye twitched occasionally. "Wow," she said when it was over. "I have never seen so much neon in one song. The rookie's voice was electric blue."

Somehow, that fits the song perfectly. :ph34r:

You have a very interesting sister. :ph34r: