Just as a sort of general curiosity, Cornucopia would spend a decent part of many days getting these crops going, wouldn't she?

I assume she doesn't have to physically plant each item? That would be far too time-consuming. She'd have to plant the first of a type of items though, whenever the city need it.

Nice post Mckee! :)

also Voidus, Atrophy lives in the north of the city, in the same general neighborhood as Drainer. He knows and despises him, in fact. :P

and in case anyone was curious or uncertain, I personally pronounce his name as At-row-fee, as opposed to At-row-fi. while I would pronounce the word atrophy (as in, "my muscles are starting to atrophy") as at-row-fi, but the different inflection at the end implies almost a different tense of the word. Muscles "at-row-fi", while someone experiences "at-row-fee". As Atrophy is a noun, and not an action, I'd personally pronounce it as "At-row-fee". 

Cornucopia would probably not be a huge fan of Drainer either but she doesn't really interact with Epics other than the queens enough to have too strong an opinion.

I just always pronounce it At-row-fee personally :P

Just as a sort of general curiosity, Cornucopia would spend a decent part of many days getting these crops going, wouldn't she?

I assume she doesn't have to physically plant each item? That would be far too time-consuming. She'd have to plant the first of a type of items though, whenever the city need it.

She can use any more natural plants nearby to help so basically she just walks along in a row dropping items according to a list and nearby roots bury the items for her, but once the first one's grown she can just make them spread without needing to plant a bunch more so yeah it's pretty time-consuming but she hasn't needed to plant every crop in the city by hand.

and in case anyone was curious or uncertain, I personally pronounce his name as At-row-fee, as opposed to At-row-fi. while I would pronounce the word atrophy (as in, "my muscles are starting to atrophy") as at-row-fi, but the different inflection at the end implies almost a different tense of the word. Muscles "at-row-fi", while someone experiences "at-row-fee". As Atrophy is a noun, and not an action, I'd personally pronounce it as "At-row-fee". 

"Ah-trah-puh-hee."—Backtrack 

If it's a trade you want, I think "indictment" is a good one. Partly because of how much fun it is to shout to the heavens for no reason at all. :ph34r:

I'm one of those people who wonders why McDonald's wasn't received as a declaration of war in the nations it spread to....but I can actually see the logic there. :mellow:

But we already have "Anklage". <_<

Sure as hell beats nukes for everybody. :mellow:

But we already have "Anklage". <_<

Sure as hell beats nukes for everybody. :mellow:

It's not a word English stole (I'm as surprised as you are :P) but it sounds like a cross between "ankle" and the suffix "—age," so "anklage" makes me think of someone showing a lot of ankle. "You are showing a LOT of anklage there, Scribbler," Arsenal said with a scowl. "Wear knee socks or spend the next two nights in the stock room." 

….I shouldn't ponder linguistics when I'm tired. :mellow: 

Nukes, or a greasy cheeseburger? Well, I can take my pug with me to get a greasy cheeseburger and he'll be super excited about it, while a nuke….yeah, no contest there. McDonald's wins. Hands down. 

It's not a word English stole (I'm as surprised as you are :P) but it sounds like a cross between "ankle" and the suffix "—age," so "anklage" makes me think of someone showing a lot of ankle. "You are showing a LOT of anklage there, Scribbler," Arsenal said with a scowl. "Wear knee socks or spend the next two nights in the stock room." 

Nukes, or a greasy cheeseburger? Well, I can take my pug with me to get a greasy cheeseburger and he'll be super excited about it, while a nuke….yeah, no contest there. McDonald's wins. Hands down. 

Would this be enough justification for Scribbler to get Arsenal fired on sexual harassment charges? Actually given that the Dalles still lets Deathwish wander around I'm guessing I already know the answer to that. :(

Interesting analasis :mellow:

And they are much better than the english killing parasites.

Would this be enough justification for Scribbler to get Arsenal fired on sexual harassment charges? Actually given that the Dalles still lets Deathwish wander around I'm guessing I already know the answer to that. :(

Maybe he would head of to get a proper christian reeducation. :ph34r:

Cornucopia would probably not be a huge fan of Drainer either but she doesn't really interact with Epics other than the queens enough to have too strong an opinion.

Atrophy sees Drainer's obvious lust for his servants like a very judgemental person would see someone who had a lust for dogs. Vile.

She can use any more natural plants nearby to help so basically she just walks along in a row dropping items according to a list and nearby roots bury the items for her, but once the first one's grown she can just make them spread without needing to plant a bunch more so yeah it's pretty time-consuming but she hasn't needed to plant every crop in the city by hand.

ah cool, that clears it up for me.

Keep in mind, she would also have help from field workers to do a lot of the grunt labour.  She would just need to do whatever she needs to do to activate her powers, so she could move more quickly than she could if she was doing everything herself.  

Aaand, I'm up late because I forgot that tea had caffeine and drank four cups after nine o clock.  Wish me luck getting to sleep!

Keep in mind, she would also have help from field workers to do a lot of the grunt labour.  She would just need to do whatever she needs to do to activate her powers, so she could move more quickly than she could if she was doing everything herself.  

Aaand, I'm up late because I forgot that tea had caffeine and drank four cups after nine o clock.  Wish me luck getting to sleep!

Alright, Cornucopia, spam that vine whip. :P Although, I'm pretty sure she'd still have something to do during the planting process, for it to count.

Alright, Cornucopia, spam that vine whip. :P Although, I'm pretty sure she'd still have something to do during the planting process, for it to count.

That's exactly what I meant. She'd just have less required of her, and could likely do whatever she needs to do faster, in relative comfort.

This isn't canon, but now I'm picturing Cornucopia being carried on a litter by vanillas, picking up stuff to plant with one of those grabber things that people who have difficult bending over use, and then dropping it into holes that other vanillas have dug and will cover up.

Even better, to work in the vine whip idea, she uses beansprouts (long, flexible, fast growing), which she carries with her in her litter, to both pick up and plant objects, while also using them to whip her vanillas if the get complacent.

EDIT: Also, in case anyone was wondering, I'm feeling mostly okay this morning. Hopefully I don't crash!

That's exactly what I meant. She'd just have less required of her, and could likely do whatever she needs to do faster, in relative comfort.

This isn't canon, but now I'm picturing Cornucopia being carried on a litter by vanillas, picking up stuff to plant with one of those grabber things that people who have difficult bending over use, and then dropping it into holes that other vanillas have dug and will cover up.

Even better, to work in the vine whip idea, she uses beansprouts (long, flexible, fast growing), which she carries with her in her litter, to both pick up and plant objects, while also using them to whip her vanillas if the get complacent.

EDIT: Also, in case anyone was wondering, I'm feeling mostly okay this morning. Hopefully I don't crash!

And here I was mostly making a pokemon reference... huh, i wonder if we could get her in a Bulbasaur cosplay. :ph34r:

I hope you're well

This is highly likely :P

I should really do some Cornucopia character building she's probably got the least backstory of any of my characters.

And here I was mostly making a pokemon reference... huh, i wonder if we could get her in a Bulbasaur cosplay.  :ph34r:

I hope you're well

This is somewhat less likely. Not impossible though.  :ph34r: 

We just need an enthusiastic Shiny with some leverage over Cornucopia.

Edited by Voidus

Just an aside, is it snowing in the us yet? And if so then can you ship some here? It's like 35C here already and my brain is melting.

In most of the lower 48 (continental US excluding Alaska) it doesn't start snowing until late November or early December. Though I recall one awful Halloween in Wyoming where it sleeted (snow that melts once it hits the ground, so it's like really cold rain) all night and I had to wear a coat over my fairy costume. I've heard it snows earlier in northern Alaska, though. :ph34r:

In most of the lower 48 (continental US excluding Alaska) it doesn't start snowing until late November or early December. Though I recall one awful Halloween in Wyoming where it sleeted (snow that melts once it hits the ground, so it's like really cold rain) all night and I had to wear a coat over my fairy costume. I've heard it snows earlier in northern Alaska, though. :ph34r:

In that case anyone have any connection in Alaska or at one of the poles? It's barely even spring and I already want to rip all my skin off and hope that cools me down somehow.

In that case anyone have any connection in Alaska or at one of the poles? It's barely even spring and I already want to rip all my skin off and hope that cools me down somehow.

Funtimes is from Alaska and I can confirm she visited the far northern settlements like Barrow and Prudhoe Bay on more than one occasion. :ph34r:

It's weird to think that you're just heading into spring. It's fall here and Arizona has FINALLY begun cooking off.