Really Bad Shard Ideas

Oudeis

Thankfully the Shard of Self-Destruction shattered itself pretty early on. Unfortunately however, it did not do so before fueling a magic system, and, as a result, that world is now full of all-powerfull Emos.

Edited by Eilemelie

The Shard of Unattractiveness. The Uglier you are, the more you can Invest.

Oh, and Investiture makes you glow. I don't know what that will do to the attractiveness of someone Ugly.

Oooooh man. Remind me not to move there anytime soon.

Also: the Shard of bad ideas. The worse you're idea is, the more power you get. Teens guys aged 14-19 tend to the most Invested

50 Shards of Grey.

/runs

*Darth Vader walks onto the screen, picks up a mic, and draws a breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Becuase I'm too lazy to find the gif right now)

Edited by WeiryWriter
because that screws up the forum every time I open this thread

The Shard of Confusion. People don't know why they get powers and the powers never make sense.

The Shard of Enigma. The more you hide your power, the stronger it is.

The Shard of Dyslexia. Phones with autocorrect will be the most heavily Invested.

The Shard of Awkwardness. Teenagers going through puberty are the most heavily Invested.

Shard of Forgetfulness: Anyone can Invest, but they forget why they wanted to when they do, so the only people who Invest end up doing some random stuff with their powers.

Shard of Randomness: This as an Intent is actually a paradox if you think about it.

Edited by Xaladin

The Shard of Underestimation. This Shard actually wouldn't be bad; actually, I think it would be pretty cool.

So this is how it works: When you underestimate your opponent, you get access to the Shard's power. This triggers a chain reaction, since this now means that your opponent has underestimated you. So every fight is the kind where you keep one-upping each other. That would result in epic fights (the cliche kind, except there would be a legitimate explanation for it beyond plot device).

• 2 weeks later...