The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

What would happen to Nightblood if he consumed a Divine Breath?

Could Nightblood leak out enough of the black smoke investiture to lose his status as an Awakened Object?

The first think is bein RAFO (or at least a similar question about "what happen when Nightblood consumes a Spren").

The Second (but it's a thought of mine) is impossible do the fact that the "leaked investiture" is the Investiture consumed by Nightblood, not the "1000 breaths" used to Awekening him. If my interpretation is true, while Nightblood is not held, the smoke will stop pretty fast while the "extra investiture" is consumed.

The Second (but it's a thought of mine) is impossible do the fact that the "leaked investiture" is the Investiture consumed by Nightblood, not the "1000 breaths" used to Awekening him. If my interpretation is true, while Nightblood is not held, the smoke will stop pretty fast while the "extra investiture" is consumed.

Yeah, that's basically what I'd like to find out from Brandon about this. Does Nightblood have a base investiture where he'll stop leaking smoke if he reaches, or will he keep leaking until he basically kills himself.

And also, if he does have a base investure and won't ever leak below it, why does he need to consume investiture at all? He wouldn't need it to survive, and since it would just leak away he can't really use it for anything. So what's the point?

Yeah, that's basically what I'd like to find out from Brandon about this. Does Nightblood have a base investiture where he'll stop leaking smoke if he reaches, or will he keep leaking until he basically kills himself.

And also, if he does have a base investure and won't ever leak below it, why does he need to consume investiture at all? He wouldn't need it to survive, and since it would just leak away he can't really use it for anything. So what's the point?

If I had to give a "meaning to Nightblood's power" I suppose that Nightblood try to assimilate new Investiture but He fail to do this (maybe because "take Investiture" are the opposite of an Endowment's Intent) with the Leaking-Investiture result, and everything touching this "corrupted Investiture" will be heavy affect. Edited by Yata

If I ever get a chance to go to a signing, this is what I'd ask, but since I don't think that will happen any time soon, might as well put them on the list:

1. In one of the Mistborn epigraphs, Alendi quotes the Terris Prophecies as saying "His name shall be Discord", presumably referring to the Hero of Ages. Was this part of the prophecy affected by Ruin's alterations?

2. The cognitive aspect of an object is how it is viewed and how it views itself. Could the Intent of a shard be changed if enough people started viewing it differently?

Edited by Jess

If I ever get a chance to go to a signing, this is what I'd ask, but since I don't think that will happen any time soon, might as well put them on the list:

1. In one of the Mistborn epigraphs, Alendi quotes the Terris Prophecies as saying "His name shall be Discord", presumably referring to the Hero of Ages. Was this part of the prophecy affected by Ruin's alterations?

2. The cognitive aspect of an object is how it is viewed and how it views itself. Could the Intent of a shard be changed if enough people started viewing it differently?

#1 is interesting especially considering Sazed calls himself Harmony, an antonym of discord.

#1 is interesting especially considering Sazed calls himself Harmony, an antonym of discord.

But among the Terris people, he was the most famous discordant voice. A rebel among a race of servants.

Yes, exactly. I have this half-formed idea that perhaps Sazed won't always be considered Harmony. It seems that the combination of Ruin+Preservation could just as easily be discordant and conflicted as harmonious and balanced. It's all down to how you look at it... hence question #2.

But among the Terris people, he was the most famous discordant voice. A rebel among a race of servants.

A good point, though I don't think that would be enough to fulfill "His name shall be Discord" (if that even is a real part of the prophecy), especially since the capitalization isn't mine, it's in the text.

We also have, on Earth "Emmanuel" in reference to a guy named Jesus, which makes sense if you actually translate the name.

That prophecy was translated from ancient Terris, so it could be a name in the language that means "discord" in their usage, like how according to the First Generation their god is actually called Terr (spelling?) which means something like "to preserve" in the modern TFE tongue.

Yes, exactly. I have this half-formed idea that perhaps Sazed won't always be considered Harmony. It seems that the combination of Ruin+Preservation could just as easily be discordant and conflicted as harmonious and balanced. It's all down to how you look at it... hence question #2.

A good point, though I don't think that would be enough to fulfill "His name shall be Discord" (if that even is a real part of the prophecy), especially since the capitalization isn't mine, it's in the text.

Do we know what the name Sazed means in the Terris language?  I suspect we don't, and that Sazed likely doesn't, but it's possible it does indeed mean "Discord".  That would be very fun of Brandon to throw in.

jW

If a pregnant woman tapped gold (or held stormlight, or any of the plethora of other things that heal people with investiture) would that also heal the baby as well?

edit to add: would there be any other possible weird effects on the baby?

Edited by Dunkum

If a pregnant woman tapped gold (or held stormlight, or any of the plethora of other things that heal people with investiture) would that also heal the baby as well?

I suppose that the baby will not recive healing. he Healing works throught Cognitive Image of self. The Baby also if in the Mother's body will soon (very soon) be viewed like an "other bein" and not part of the Mother.

I know that there is a horrible example but: It's like a bullet in your chest, or the metal or food in your Stomach. They recive no effect by the Healing.

I suppose that the baby will not recive healing. he Healing works throught Cognitive Image of self. The Baby also if in the Mother's body will soon (very soon) be viewed like an "other bein" and not part of the Mother.

I know that there is a horrible example but: It's like a bullet in your chest, or the metal or food in your Stomach. They recive no effect by the Healing.

however metal and food are not alive (usually, anyway) when they are inside your body, and it is hard to imagine a scenario where they would be considered part of the body (although...).  as you said, healing works based on the cognitive image of the self, and I assume the answer has to do with how the woman views the baby/herself.

new question I just thought of responding to this:

If a person has a prosthetic limb (or other body part) that they consider to be a part of their body, cognitively, could investiture based healing extend to repairing damage to that prosthesis?

for example consider Darth Vader.  Vader's limbs are robotic, and by the main Star Wars Trilogy, he has been living with them for years.  under those circumstances, he could have come to internalize them as a part of his body.  if that were the case, and someone exposed him to investiture based healing, could that healing repair damage to those limbs?

That actually goes down some dark paths. If a woman is in the beginning of pregnancy, and doesn't realize it, would stormlight healing effectively remove the fetus from her body? 

new question I just thought of responding to this:

If a person has a prosthetic limb (or other body part) that they consider to be a part of their body, cognitively, could investiture based healing extend to repairing damage to that prosthesis?

for example consider Darth Vader.  Vader's limbs are robotic, and by the main Star Wars Trilogy, he has been living with them for years.  under those circumstances, he could have come to internalize them as a part of his body.  if that were the case, and someone exposed him to investiture based healing, could that healing repair damage to those limbs?

Connected to that idea, then, if Kaladin's brand was damaged in some way (let's say part of his forehead was cut away in a fight), would it grow back along with the skin, or would part of the brand stay missing?

jW

What would happen to Nightblood if he were targeted by Allomantic Leeching?

Probably nothing, there is a WoB about a " if a metalmind is spiked inside of an Allomancer that burning Allumin" and the Answer was something like "spiked inside your body isn't enought to made tha Allumin affect it" but probably an Hemalurgyc Spike is enough connect to the host that the Allumin would consume some Hemalurgyc charge.

I suppose that Nightblood works (about the Allumin) like a Metalmind. And therefore suffer no effect to the Allumin. Of course if you held Nightblood and then burn Allumin, you would probably death in seconds.

Ok. So at some point Scadrial is gonna be able to travel through space. Let's assume that a very rich Scadrian is going to arrive on Nalthis at some point. If the Scadrian was to acquire enough Breath to Awaken metal and train for a couple of years so that he was a very good Awakener. Would he be able to Awaken a computer? Would that make the computer a true AGI ( Artificial General Intelligence basically AI )?

If it did work would it be stuck like Nightblood is or would it be able to change?

If a Lerasium bead were infused with breaths, lashed/infused with stormlight, and given a feruchemical charge before a non-mistborn burned it simultaneously with duralumin, what additional strengths would this new allomancer obtain beyond a standard mistborn? :-)

A couple of things here, Infusing a Lerasium bead with breaths and/or stormlight would be very difficult. Investiture doesn't usually react well with other investiture. As for the Feruchemical charge, if said Allomancer isn't the Feruchemist who charged the bead as a metalmind then it the feruchemical charge would give no additional effect. It would be like when Vin tried to burn Sazed's metalmind.