The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

Kurk: Partially, but in other part, the possibility also just made me wonder.

Wouldn't they appear dead to a brain scan anyway? Because of them not having a central brain. Or would they put their brain bits in the head?

Presumably, when in human form, they are in fully human form, and thus have a brain where people have brains. I know they still have to have the spikes, but besides that, they take on the sensory organs and pigmentation of the being being mimicked. They are biologically human-enough that there's not a Scadrian medical test to see if someone is a kandra. I allow that it was speculation on my part that they actually form a human brain to go along with their human body.

You raise another good question. Would a kandra be able to pass a modern-day medical exam? x-ray and whatnot? (I realize that MRIs are an odd duck, since the presence of metal would give them away and when the spikes get magnetically ripped from their bodies and they revert to mistwraiths that would also be what we in the deduction business refer to as a 'clue'.)

I didn't see this among the list of questions on the first page (so I hope this is updated), but here's a question about Shadesmar:

In WoR, Pattern tells Shallan that, in Shadesmar, the land and sea are the opposite as they are on Roshar. Is this the same for all worlds (Nalthis, Sel, etc.)? If so, What is the Shadesmar equivalent for space (i.e. If someone in a spaceship, no where near any planets, were to travel to Shadesmar...)

This was answered during the Orem signing, in which Brandon said that Shadesmar has no version of space, but rather just "jumps" to the next location where there is life.

As a side note, someone should really keep this updated. The OP has not been updated since March...I understand it is a bit of a hassle, but staying diligent shouldn't make it too hard (though now that its 9 months to update it will be a pretty large task).

As a side note, someone should really keep this updated. The OP has not been updated since March...I understand it is a bit of a hassle, but staying diligent shouldn't make it too hard (though now that its 9 months to update it will be a pretty large task).

It's not really necessary any more, as Weiry has been keeping Theoryland up to date, though I still think he has a few things to do.

It's not really necessary any more, as Weiry has been keeping Theoryland up to date, though I still think he has a few things to do.

Actually there is a lot of backlog on Theoryland, but that really doesn't matter here.  The list should always be updated, it's a distinct entity from Theoryland.  It's just that between tours it's a fairly low priority, but hopefully it'll get done before the Firefight tour next month.

In addition to what Weiry said above on the previous page, it should be up to date for those going to signings and the like, so they don't necessarily repeat questions, nor will the "library" of unanswered questions not be up to date with the latest questions we have. That's what I actually meant, anyways.

Edited by Blaze1616

In addition to what Weiry said above on the previous page, it should be up to date for those going to signings and the like, so they don't necessarily repeat questions, nor will the "library" of unanswered questions not be up to date with the latest questions we have. That's what I actually meant, anyways.

Yeah, I completely screwed up and thought this was the WoB thread, not the Ultimate List of Questions thread. Sorry.

1. Can an Awakener sense a kandra with their life sense?

2. Can a kandra hold breath?

3. Could a kandra properly imitate a lifeless?

4. Could a kandra properly imitate a drab?

5. Are kandra blessings made from human abilities (not from allomancers or feruchemists)?

6. Can kandra reproduce naturally? (I know its a kinda weird question, but we know koloss can now so I'm wondering if kandra can too)

7. If so, would the offspring be a mistwraith or a sentient kandra?

8. Are there still mistwraiths on Scadrial in the time of AoL?

9. Are there any other Inquisitors left other than Marsh?

Maybe just add a link to each section that goes to the table of contents? Other than the lots of scrolling, It looks good.

like a back to the top thing?  I'm not sure how to go about doing that exactly.  The table of contents is an auto-generated thing.  I'll look into it though.

I'm glad people like you exist.

I know right. No way I'd have the motivation to do something like that.

Couple of new questions.

Breeze makes note of Sazed being more difficult to influence with Soothing. Does that have anything to do with him being a Feruchemist and being Invested enough to resist the Investiture of Breeze. Because you said that Investiture resists Investiture.

It it mentioned in HOA that Allomancy appeared with the Mists. If the mists disappeared, would Allomancy disappear aswell?

Did Vin's remarkable increase in skill, in Hero of Ages, have anything to do with her holding the Well of Ascension.

Has Kelsier ever talked to Marsh since the Ascension of Sazed?

Did Spook have children? If he did why were his children not like the Allomancers of old and more powerful? 

If a Awakener turned a pocketwatch into a sentient Awakened object, could they take it apart?

Is the number of Allomancers roughly 16% of the population? If so is that always the case?

How far can a shard see? Could Harmony see Roshar from Scadrial? Or would he need to be Invested there to see it?

Is it because of the unique relationship between Ruin and Preservation that makes Allomancy so hard? In that everything has an opposite. Push and Pull metals Riot and Sooth emotions.

Terr in ancient Terris means "to preserve". What does Terrs mean?

How was Ruin going to absorb the Atium into himself? He knew where it was for some time but he never grabbed it. Was there some ritual or something he needed to do?

We do have WoB that Spook had a lot of children (and it's heavily implied in Alloy, if not out right stated since the Set is looking for young women who are descended from him) I think the actual phrasing is that he is a "stud".  As for why they aren't super powerful, Sazed only made him reduced-power Mistborn (as in he was of comparable strength to the average Mistborn in the final days of the Final Empire) not a lerasium-strength Mistborn.

And of course you add new questions /after/ I do a big update...

If a mistwraith was given Breath would they gain sentience? 

I feel as though that question has been asked but I'm about to explode from the food consumed and can't look around for the answer.

Edit: Whoops sorry about the double-post. I was looking through the forum for the question but I nearly exploded and had to ask it.

Edited by SmurfAquamarineBodies

Hey Weiry, could you include a link to the doc in the OP so that people who come here for questions to ask have a quick resource instead of trying to find that one post where the link is included? Thank you SO MUCH for this update. That was a LOT of work. 

Hey Weiry, could you include a link to the doc in the OP so that people who come here for questions to ask have a quick resource instead of trying to find that one post where the link is included? Thank you SO MUCH for this update. That was a LOT of work. 

No. Absolutely not.  Why would I go and do something sensible like that?

...done...

Also, for those evil people who have added more questions, they will hopefully get added later today (at the very least they'll be up before the first of the year.

A question from my friend (who, yes, is in fact evil).

A series of questions all about one scenario/principle, anyway.

Nightblood is supposed to be able to run off of any Investiture. If a Mistborn were burning metals and drew Nightblood, would Nightblood run off the power of that investiture? i.e., the Mistborn would burn pewter, but rather than getting increased strength, would power Nightblood?

Metals burn at different rates. A gram of pewter will burn faster than a gram of steel. Do they burn at different power levels of Investiture? Is the same total amount of energy being used for a gram of pewter and a gram of steel, but the pewter drains the power faster? Or is energy use consistent and time-based, meaning you'd get less total energy from a gram of pewter than from steel?

If a mistborn were burning both pewter and steel at the same time and drew Nightblood, would Nightblood drain the same amount of Investiture from both?

More evil questions:

Cosmere

- Had any of the people present at Adonalsium's Shattering been different, would the sixteen Shards have been split differently (into other Intents)?

Mistborn + Cosmere

- Does burning aluminum heal Spiritual damage?

- Does burning duralumin cause Spiritual damage?  (The cracks by which Investiture can seep in.)

Stormlight

- Are there ten Unmade of significance, colloquially known as the Ten Deaths?  (Note that I'm not asking if there are only ten Unmade, as we've gotten to an answer to that, but more that I suspect the total number of Unmade is significantly higher.  In other words: ten with names that are sentient and analogous to the Heralds, but more Unmade that are mindless "forms of destruction", such as those that animate thunderclasts.)

- Is Nightblood able to consume the entire Investment of a highstorm and/or everstorm to effectively render it powerless (no spheres, Surge-/Voidbinding, etc.)?

- Are all of the abilities of a Lightweaver relevant to their Connection to a given subject?  (Shallan's Memory-taking strikes me as establishing a direct Connection to the scene she later releases into her drawing.  The Lightweaver epigraph implies that they Connect to their audience for "spiritual sustenance" with regard to illusions.)

Edited by dvoraen