What are you playing right now?

Having received a tax refund last week, and finally having a job after months of unemployment, I finally had enough money that I felt I could justify a game purchase. So, this week, I went out and bought Kid Icarus: Uprising. The first day it was sort of difficult adjusting to the controls, but when I went back the second day, the controls all clicked, and it just became an insane amount of fun.

Holy cow, I JUST noticed that Chaos is disguising himself as Shivertongue. How long has that been going on?

Definitely not for April Fool's. It was a hacker known as the Cheese Lord.

Definitely not for April Fool's. It was a hacker known as the Cheese Lord.

Fun fact:

If you take the first two characters of Cheese Lord, so:

Ch

and take the numerical values of the next two letters (e = 5), subtract them, and add 1, then take the alphabetical value of this number you get:

a

then take the next letter:

s

next, take the numerical value of all the remaining charcters (e = 5, l = 12, o = 15, r = 18, d = 4) and add them all up, take the square root, multiply by the difference of the 3rd and 4th characters, and add fifteen and you get for the alphabetic value:

o

And finally, transpose the last two characters and you're left with:

Chaos

Coincidence? I'll let you decide. I'm just a man with questions presenting the facts....

• 2 months later...

I just started playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I don't know why it took me so long to play this game. I love Assassin's Creed, and I'm definitely excited for AC3. I do have the worst problem with getting distracted by sidequests. I've only gotten through the first Altaïr mission, and I've been playing for almost 24 hours. Oops. Jumping off those viewpoints and killing templar captains is just so fun!

I totally suck at the tower defense thing though. The templars almost always take my dens back...

Continuing with the three games I mentioned above. I just beat a certain boss and encountered a certain Mechon, and I'm off to Colony 6. Not before I do some quests, of course. There's always time for side quests. :P Character models and certain other objects have oddly flat looks to them, but the environments are breathtaking and huge. I've also encounted a handful of high-level monsters (70+ when my characters are only 21. I've heard of this before but I kind of thought this would indicates areas that I shouldn't be in, not having them be only a few yards away from more appropriately-levels beasts. At least they are easy to avoid and most monsters don't attack you anyway.

Still collecting pieces of heart and other items in Major's Mask. I need to hurry with that game. Not much to say about Oracle of Seasons, either.

Edited by Strawberry Eggs

I just bought Fallout 3 and Oblivian. I realize I'm a little late to the party. I'd been playing New Vegas at my cousin's house and I love Skyrim, so when I found both games in one package for $20 I had to make them mine, even if they are a bit older.

I really ought to finish playing Skyrim. I'm such a wuss when it comes to scary stuff. My poor Khajiit girl is just sitting there in Blackreach, waiting for me to come back and find the Elder Scroll, because I chickened out at the idea of a humongous, underground, poorly-lit cavern crawling with Falmer.

Seriously. The Falmer freak me out. I don't know if I can go back to that...

Edited by FeatherWriter

I made a very bad mistake fighting Falmer early on in the game. I found a big hole in the ground called the Sightless Pit. Being the genius I am, I decided that the best course of action was to jump in. Turns out the whole place is crawling with Falmer. Also, you cannot climb out of the pit. So I had to fight my way through these Dwermer ruins agains Falmer after Falmer with those ugly bug things. It took me like a week cause I had to have been like a level 5 so I kept dying.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from beating Oracles of Seasons, I continued a replay of The World Ends With You. I'm on the 7th day of the first week, though I'm grinding for Yen pins. I also played Majora's Mask today and just passed the Snowhead Temple. I will slow down playing this, but will continue until I am finished. I have a bit of a backlog building, so I can't get too crazy.

I also started the copy of Revelations: The Demon Slayer that I bought some months back, but boy did I have to jump through some hoops to play it. The save battery in the cart had apparently died, and I figured getting another could prove to be pointless. So I endeavored to replace the battery myself. Despite shelling out some $25 for a mini soldering iron and solder, my sister's boyfriends managed to replace the battery by using a piece of electrical tape to fit it in snugly. :P While I didn't take the soldering stuff out of the package and was going to return it to RadioShack, my mother "bought" it off me, as she thinks it could be useful. It saves now, though for some reasons, only Slot 3 works. The other two slots lose the save.

The game seems to be a rather simple early RPG. Though it came out in North America in 1999, it was first released on the original Game Boy in 1992 in Japan, then a color version was released in 1999. It shouldn't really be surprising that the story isn't something stellar. Monsters are ravaging the land and there are people like my character who can use a power called "Gaia" so I should use it to stop them. I recruited a lot of monsters/demons and will soon be able to start fusing them. Like other early MegaTen games, Demon Slayer's creatures do not gain levels, and I have to keep reminding myself this so I can stop rushing back to town when one dies. :P The music is surprisingly decent, too, for a GBC game.

Well, today I slew my very first Lv. 90 monster in Xenoblade. I actually beat it like two weeks ago. But when I realized that completed quests don't carry over into New Game Plus, I decided that I needed to stay on my original file and get everything NOW. I finally got Melia's last skill tree today, and now I need to get Sharla's and Riki's. Also, why do I need to beat a level 99 monster to get one of the Infinity -1 swords when the game gives you the Infinity +1 sword as part of the story? Answer me that!

I continued a replay of The World Ends With You. I'm on the 7th day of the first week, though I'm grinding for Yen pins.

This is one of my most favorite games of all time! It's terribly underrated and unknown though, nice to see other people playing it. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 right now. I have to say, the game is quite slow on the start, it was like 2 hourse of continuous dialogue before the first real battle came along. I do like the story and the whole social life during the day - battling at midnight idea though. I hope the story doesn't drop!

I really ought to finish playing Skyrim. I'm such a wuss when it comes to scary stuff. My poor Khajiit girl is just sitting there in Blackreach, waiting for me to come back and find the Elder Scroll, because I chickened out at the idea of a humongous, underground, poorly-lit cavern crawling with Falmer.

Seriously. The Falmer freak me out. I don't know if I can go back to that...

I'd love to see you playing Dead Space. If ever you do please record a reaction video :P

Back on Dark Souls at the moment: New Game+ ramps up the difficulty so I'm anticipating certain fights again.

Made a good deal of progress in Xenoblade, finally making it to Makna Forest. Man, that Reckless Godwin unique monster was a handful. It took a number of tries and three levels before I managed to beat it. Also took some time to complete various quests. I need to go back and do earlier ones, though. Things are getting ever more interesting story-wise as well.

Even though I should be playing a new handheld game, I've found myself continuing my replay of The Worlds Ends With You. I'm up to the second day of the second week Maybe it's because of the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts (which I've decided not to get, at least not for a long while), but I've been on something of a TWEWY kick lately.

This is one of my most favorite games of all time! It's terribly underrated and unknown though, nice to see other people playing it.

It's mine, too. :) I wouldn't say its underrated since fans and critics alike praise this game,but it's certainly underplayed. I do hope there will be a sequel at some point.

I'd love to see you playing Dead Space. If ever you do please record a reaction video :P

Back on Dark Souls at the moment: New Game+ ramps up the difficulty so I'm anticipating certain fights again.

Hahahahaha... NO. Yeesh, I cannot do horror at all! Not games, not movies, not anything. I'm such a wuss when it comes to that kind of stuff. I watched a little bit of Tobuscus's Dead Space playthrough and it freaked me out. I can't handle his videos of Amnesia: The Dark Descent either. My overactive writer's imagination takes horror concepts I see and churns them around in terrifying now iterations for weeks. It's awful.

Seriously, the dwemer ruins in Skyrim are scary enough that I almost gave up that game. And they're not even supposed to be that scary.