Random Stuff II

"Four students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before!" --Professor McGonagall, Sorcerer's Stone

Seriously? This is a school for wizards between the ages of 11 and 17, and you've never had more than one or two caught out of bed before? Either Hogwarts students are ridiculously well behaved....or there's something fishy going on here. Like, slipping-sleep-aids-into-the-evening-meal fishy.

"Four students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before!" --Professor McGonagall, Sorcerer's Stone

Seriously? This is a school for wizards between the ages of 11 and 17, and you've never had more than one or two caught out of bed before? Either Hogwarts students are ridiculously well behaved....or there's something fishy going on here. Like, slipping-sleep-aids-into-the-evening-meal fishy.

James was obviously a lot better at sneaking around if thats unheard of. Or He just made Peter slip stuff into everyones meals...

...on second thought, the Annoy-A-Tron might actually be going too far.  Those things are just a bit too evil.

On another subject, where the heck is Kobold King?  I haven't seen him post on this thread in days.  It's not like him to hide from the randomness for so long.

My mom once pranked my dad with an annoy-a-tron. He was convinced there was something wrong with his computer and was about ready to take it apart when my mom told him. He then confiscated the annoy-a-tron. 

James was obviously a lot better at sneaking around if thats unheard of. Or He just made Peter slip stuff into everyones meals...

That's certainly a possibility. :ph34r: 

It's just that—okay, Hogwarts has almost a thousand years of history to it. Ten centuries of taking in kids and teens. One House is next to the kitchens; one House is at the top of an extremely tall tower; one House has an entry system that involves asking people questions; and one House is practically founded on breaking the rules when it suits them. And McGonagall is saying that not once in a millennium has a teacher ever caught more than a handful of students in the halls after hours? There was never a Knobweed Incident of 1593, when twenty or so Hufflepuffs thought it'd be funny to give the Ravenclaw knocker increasingly nonsensical answers? No Gryffindors or Slytherins ever decided to practice for an upcoming Quidditch match in the halls at midnight? There was never even a time when everyone in Ravenclaw got the munchies and went down to the kitchens because they couldn't find a house-elf to do it for them? 

That's certainly a possibility. :ph34r:

It's just that—okay, Hogwarts has almost a thousand years of history to it. Ten centuries of taking in kids and teens. One House is next to the kitchens; one House is at the top of an extremely tall tower; one House has an entry system that involves asking people questions; and one House is practically founded on breaking the rules when it suits them. And McGonagall is saying that not once in a millennium has a teacher ever caught more than a handful of students in the halls after hours? There was never a Knobweed Incident of 1593, when twenty or so Hufflepuffs thought it'd be funny to give the Ravenclaw knocker increasingly nonsensical answers? No Gryffindors or Slytherins ever decided to practice for an upcoming Quidditch match in the halls at midnight? There was never even a time when everyone in Ravenclaw got the munchies and went down to the kitchens because they couldn't find a house-elf to do it for them? 

Personally, I think McGonagall just says that to kids every generation, making them all think they're the worst-behaved students in Hogwarts history. It works remarkably well--better, at least, than Hogwarts' means of keeping kids in their bunks. :P

Personally, I think McGonagall just says that to kids every generation, making them all think they're the worst-behaved students in Hogwarts history. It works remarkably well--better, at least, than Hogwarts' means of keeping kids in their bunks. :P

This sounds plausible.

Furthermore, I would hazard to suppose that McGonagall herself was a holy terror herself when she was in school.  ^_^

This sounds plausible.

Furthermore, I would hazard to suppose that McGonagall herself was a holy terror herself when she was in school.  ^_^

Gryffindors do seem to have a habit of conveniently forgetting their youthful transgressions. :P 

"Please describe a non-traditional library service you planned, implemented, and/or managed." 

Well, Job Application, since I have no idea what you consider "non-traditional," I'll just talk about how I helped out with a kids' program while I was interning. If you wanted something really non-traditional, I can tell you about my idea to start a free-form RPG for the teens, but considering that's more or less a pipe dream at this point, you're stuck hearing about the mildly non-traditional things I've helped with. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"Please describe a non-traditional library service you planned, implemented, and/or managed."

Well, Job Application, since I have no idea what you consider "non-traditional," I'll just talk about how I helped out with a kids' program while I was interning. If you wanted something really non-traditional, I can tell you about my idea to start a free-form RPG for the teens, but considering that's more or less a pipe dream at this point, you're stuck hearing about the mildly non-traditional things I've helped with.

Why not take a chance and talk about the RPG? Might make you stand out among other applicants.