What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

Hehe. I love being able to easily tell my age with the year.

An amazing coincidence that 3 Muslims that are active on the Shard can speak Urdu. I think we should have Urdu conversations so no one can understand us. >: D

I am tan, have black hair and very dark eyes. Can you guys guess my heritage? That's right; I'm Alethi!:P:ph34r:

I wear glasses. Also, I think my eyebrows are like Brandon Sanderson's, except it's my right eyebrow that has that inwards bend. (I just noticed the eyebrow similarity today. I wonder how many people have that type of eyebrows.:ph34r:)

Spoiler
Image result for brandon sanderson
Edited by Eccentric Hero

17 minutes ago, Eccentric Hero said:

Hehe. I love being able to easily tell my age with the year.

An amazing coincidence that 3 Muslims that are active on the Shard can speak Urdu. I think we should have Urdu conversations so no one can understand us. >: D

Reveal hidden contents
Image result for brandon sanderson

Aren't there four of us who can speak Urdu?

I´m 24 although i forget that all the time (last time i was asked (3 weeks ago) i couldn´t remember and after some thinking said 23 which a friend pointed out was false...). In my defense after you turn 18 age doesn´t really matter anymore (i´m german so i can drink and vote and everything with 18). I have dark brown hair and relativly light blue eyes, i dont realy have a tan but i´m not exactly pale either (no idea how to describe my skintone better). I´m rather heavy with my 101kg (222lb) and also rather tall (189cm/ 6,2ft), but i have wide shoulders, so i get told one doesn´t really think i´m that heavy^^

42 minutes ago, Eccentric Hero said:

Well, I'm not Pakistani but apparently I speak Urdu, not Hindi. (I think there's some difference.) Also, I can read Urdu, but only because I can read Arabic.

Well, a conversation in Urdu can still happen hahah :P 

10 minutes ago, Eccentric Hero said:

Would it be Hinglish or written in Urdu? I'm guessing Hinglish. But don't expect much from me; I'm an AmericanBornConfusedDesi.

Also, shouldn't you be asleep right now? :/

It's kinda hard to type in Urdu. 

And no, it's just 10:51pm right now :P 

1 hour ago, Eccentric Hero said:

Would it be Hinglish or written in Urdu? I'm guessing Hinglish. But don't expect much from me; I'm an AmericanBornConfusedDesi.

Also, shouldn't you be asleep right now? :/

Is Hinglish Urdu in English letters? Because Heebglish is English with Hebrew sprinkled in. And Hebrew in English letters (my favourite example* is a book called (" Halochos of Refuah on Shabbos") is sometimes referred to as 'Jewish'. 

*a close second in ridiculousness is "there's an English word for this so you must understand!"  Because clearly you all know what phylacteries and tabernacles are, right? :P

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

Is Hinglish Urdu in English letters? Because Heebglish is English with Hebrew sprinkled in. And Hebrew in English letters (my favourite example* is a book called (" Halochos of Refuah on Shabbos") is sometimes referred to as 'Jewish'. 

*a close second in ridiculousness is "there's an English word for this so you must understand!"  Because clearly you all know what phylacteries and tabernacles are, right? :P

It's Hindi + English. Basically writing Hindi (in this case Urdu) using English alphabet. This was my first time using the term and I had to google it to be sure. I'm no expert on this stuff.

5 minutes ago, Eccentric Hero said:

It's Hindi + English. Basically writing Hindi (in this case Urdu) using English alphabet. This was my first time using the term and I had to google it to be sure. I'm no expert on this stuff.

I had no idea this word existed until I saw you use it.

Just now, Mistrunner said:

Hello, my fellow teenagers! It seems there's been an influx lately. I'm barely 15, so I'm slightly older than most of you! So there!

On topic...
My arms are uneven in level of tan. I only really go outside for extended periods of time for marching band, and because my right arm is on top of the instrument and my left arm is underneath supporting it, my left arm is noticeably lighter than my right. It's a little odd. :P

Silverblade, no dad jokes until you have children. Go steal some from an orphanage or something.

*Is unsure what Dad jokes are*

7 hours ago, Delightful said:

I call it Hebrish. It rolls off the tongue better.

My sister and I speak English and Hebrew well, being raised in both Israel and Canada. Our younger siblings, however, have been raised only in Israel and the only English they hear is from home. Therefore, whenever they speak English, it comes out Hebrish.

It also occurred to me that when they grow up, they'll probably have different accents than me and my sister as well as a different preferred language. It's weird to think about.

3 hours ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

I call it Hebrish. It rolls off the tongue better.

My sister and I speak English and Hebrew well, being raised in both Israel and Canada. Our younger siblings, however, have been raised only in Israel and the only English they hear is from home. Therefore, whenever they speak English, it comes out Hebrish.

It also occurred to me that when they grow up, they'll probably have different accents than me and my sister as well as a different preferred language. It's weird to think about.

Huh. Hebrish. That does sound better. But more like its Hebrew-ish than Hebrew+english. 

A bilingual cousin of mine, when he was like 4 or 5 or so, goes "Baruch Ata Hashem.....Al To Wash Yadayim." It was adorable.  

(For everyone else: Its a blessing relating to washing hands the words he should have said were Al Netilat Yadayim - Yadayim means hands).

2 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Basically, Hindi is (among other languages) spoken in India, when Urdu is commonly spoken in Pakistan (also among others)

But both are written the same? You were talking about Urdu and then you were talking about Hindi and I'm confused.

Are Urdu and Hindi related to Arabic or not at all?

Edited by Delightful

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

But both are written the same? You were talking about Urdu and then you were talking about Hindi and I'm confused.

Are Urdu and Hindi related to Arabic or not at all?

Urdu and Hindi are very similar but not exactly the same either. It's weird :P 

Arabic isn't related to the two languages at all. Though the alphabets are almost the same, the language itself isn't