What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

21 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Right now, in our country, there is no laughter involved with clowns.

TBH, all the clown talk that is happening in my area is driving me up the wall.

I'm farily certain that this mostly just hoaxes.

And half the people I know are certain it's all real.  And like half of them are crazy enough to go clown hunting, which makes no sense.

This should probably have gone in the pet peeves thread, but it came up here.

Just now, Magestar said:

TBH, all the clown talk that is happening in my area is driving me up the wall.

I'm farily certain that this mostly just hoaxes.

And half the people I know are certain it's all real.  And like half of them are crazy enough to go clown hunting, which makes no sense.

This should probably have gone in the pet peeves thread, but it came up here.

Wait, wai- Hold on. 

Clown hunting?!

Yup.  They go out at night and just drive around looking for clowns.

I know people who are actually doing this.  One kid drove from Mass to Maine and back, and was out till like one in the morning.

He found no clowns, much less killer ones.  

He's not discouraged;  He instead got more people to do it with him.

There's obviously something wrong here. :P  

Edited by Magestar

Just now, Magestar said:

Yup.  They go out at night and just drive around looking for clowns.

I know people who are actually doing this.  One kid drove from Mass to Maine and back, and was out till like one in the morning.

He found no clowns, much less killer ones.  

He's not discouraged;  He instead got more people to do it with him.

How are people in New England stupid enough to do that, but people in East Tennessee (le redneck capitol of the world, probably) not?

Just now, bleeder said:

How are people in New England stupid enough to do that, but people in East Tennessee (le redneck capitol of the world, probably) not?

I don't know.

I just don't know.

It's not my close friends that are doing it, either;  My close friends are either just like me, and think it's a hoax, or they are mildly worried.

It's there friends who are either freaking out, scared, or freaking out, let's go clown hunting.  There are other factors playing into it, but they don't really make sense out of context. :P I know another person who's just trying to prove that it's real(by showing obviously fake videos), which is scaring the people who are already scared by this.  And a couple kids are convinced that the clowns are coming to their school.

Because, the kid who is trying to prove they are real, tweeted that they should come to their school.

There is something wrong with the way these people think.  <_<

The weird part is that the school got an email saying that the clowns were coming.   Most people think it was just the kid being dumb, but they can't prove it, and because of stupid laws and legal reasons, the school has to act on supposed threats.  So they're having a lockdown on friday.

Which is making the scared people freak out even more.

-sigh-

/end rant

Yeah.  Well, as a plus, it's extremely amusing to watch from an outside perspective. :P  

1 hour ago, Zathoth said:

It is the spooky time of the year, stuff like clown infestations and this happen then.

Look, if I have to tolerate your storming christmas carols for three rusting months you can handle one month of clown infestations.

Compromise: infestation of carol-singing clowns.

Guest Cognizantastic
17 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Compromise: infestation of carol-singing clowns.

The newfound scarcity of Kobold-quips has made the times when he does emerge from hiding all the more deliciousIt's like supply and demand, for Texan anarcho-primitivist humor. 

I applaud you, my dear lizard lord. :P 

Edited by Cognizantastic

3 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

The newfound scarcity of Kobold-quips has made the times when he does emerge from hiding all the more deliciousIt's like supply and demand, for Texan anarcho-primitivist humor. 

I applaud you, my dear lizard lord. :P 

Koboldlobok, Herald of the Forumlurkers, has once again blessed us with his wit and elusive charm. 

All Hail Koboldlobok. 

ALL HAIL.

8 hours ago, Delightful said:

Every time I think America can't get any more insane.....it does. It's getting terrifying. 

As they say, never nuke a country twice... wait, wrong country. Instead of getting two nukes, we got two presidential candidates, Hillary and Dolan.

The Heralds are returning. The mighty Kobold'Ellin is back.

Edited by Eccentric Hero

Someone in one of my classes suggested that the whole creepy clown phenomenon might be a covert publicity stunt for the movie remake of Stephen King's It that is apparently happening soon... I'm more comfortable with that idea than the idea that clown costumes are the new mass shooter uniform.

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

Someone in one of my classes suggested that the whole creepy clown phenomenon might be a covert publicity stunt for the movie remake of Stephen King's It that is apparently happening soon... I'm more comfortable with that idea than the idea that clown costumes are the new mass shooter uniform.

Based on my knowledge about USA, it's only a matter of time before one of the clowns gets shot by someone. It's an interesting idea for an advertising campaign, but I think the people hired to wear clown costumes are currently risking their lifes for the job. 

Now, to not derail the thread any further, I'll give you my photo with Tobiś :) he likes to sleep with me like this, next to my head ^^

20161007_092326.jpg

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Based on my knowledge about USA, it's only a matter of time before one of the clowns gets shot by someone. It's an interesting idea for an advertising campaign, but I think the people hired to wear clown costumes are currently risking their lifes for the job. 

Now, to not derail the thread any further, I'll give you my photo with Tobiś :) he likes to sleep with me like this, next to my head ^^

20161007_092326.jpg

He's so cute and so tiny!