I once had a strange dream about Mortal Kombat. MInd you I have never played it but have seen some footage.

Scorpion and a woman are fighting.

Then Sub Zero comes along and breaks up the fight by freezing most of their bodies except their head and makes them talk out their difference.

Then a dragon comes along and proclaims it will destroy the world.

I remember the dragon vividly. It was massive, possibly the size of China, it was rainbow and had wicked tattoos.

Then Sub-Zero, Scorpion and the woman team up and save the day.

By climbing up to the dragon's head which took 2 weeks and then jumping into it's ear and giving it a brain haemorrhage.

Yeah strange 

I dream very frequently about flying. But even my dream self knows I'm really not supposed to be flying, so it's difficult. I always feel like I'm treading water in molasses.

I remember one time I had this dream where Smaug was trying to burn my house down, so I jumped out the 2nd-story window, turned into a dragon myself, and tried to chase him off by shooting fire at him. Didn't really work since his scales were super tough and fire-resistant, and I'm sure if anybody else had seen what I was seeing that night, it would have looked ridiculous, because I was this cutesy little dragon like Toothless trying to chase off ginormous ferocious-looking Smaug. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Latest visit by the Weird Dream Fairy:

So, the bad guy from Agents of SHIELD was there.  (Not Ward, but wossname who sent him to that place where the Bad Thing happened.)  Except that instead of being Hydra, he was a follower of Voldemort.  Or maybe he was still both.  Anyway, he was talking about the Dark Lord, calling him He Who Must Not Be Named, and going on about how bad an idea it is to say his name.  Even though this is post-HP and ol' Voldy is dead; Hydra Dude was going to try and resurrect him or something.

So naturally, I started singing to him about Voldy-mort's moldy warts.  Because I'm me.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I know this is a double post, but seriously nobody else has posted in almost a month.

Last night I dreamed I was back in marching band.  I had to decide the day of the field show whether I was marching with my flute or my saxophone.  The fact that nobody knew the routine or the music only seemed to bother me a little bit.

The highlight, though, was having to break up a fistfight between one of my coworkers and Ryan Reynolds in the middle of the field.

Today I slept 11 hours. But I remeber only the last dream.

I was on a date with the girl I had a thing with about 4 years ago. We were in the ice cream parlor or something. I think we talked a bit but I don't remember it; then she chose something and I spent a long time reading the menu only to order three basic flavors. The next thing I remember was her getting a nice cup of ice cream and me getting a plate (???) with only mint ice cream and then waiter coming to add some kind of powder and then pouring something on it and it transformed into ice cream. I stirred it with a spoon a bit, but it didn't dissolve properly and it was crunching under my teeth. I chewed a little on it and then I said it's bad. Then my family (????) didn't believe so I let them try and then they agreed with me.

What is happening with my mind?

• 1 month later...

Phorusrhacos, also known as the terror bird, was a very large flightless predatory bird that lived in South America during the last Ice Age. The dominant predator on the continent before the arrival of saber-toothed cats from the north, it eventually went extinct when it's megafauna prey died out, leaving the world terror bird - free.

Except according to my dream last night, scientists have recently unearthed a terror bird skeleton dating back to eleventh century England, wearing a battle helmet. Archaeological evidence has conclusively proven that not only did Phorusrhacos survive into the human era, but it was also domesticated, trained, and used by the Normans during the Battle of Hastings.

Like many of my dreams, this proves that my subconscious enjoys being oddly specific and scavenging from the memories of late night Wikipedia sessions.

I have moved from "Constant dreams of failing exams" to "Constant dreams of getting fired from my job".

Is anxiety about job security a sign of being adult?

Yep!

Even now, though, I sometimes have throwback dreams to trying to find where class is or something.  It's especially annoying when it's high school, but I know perfectly well how old I am and how much experience I have, and dream-me is confused as storms as to why I'm even expected to be there in the first place.

Yep!

Even now, though, I sometimes have throwback dreams to trying to find where class is or something.  It's especially annoying when it's high school, but I know perfectly well how old I am and how much experience I have, and dream-me is confused as storms as to why I'm even expected to be there in the first place.

I had a high school dream recently.  Another of the students was Sarah Michelle Gellar, and I tried to get her interested in watching Buffy on DVD.  I think my subconscious has a meta sense of humor.

I had a dream about finding accomodation in a generic seaside town which I labelled Victoria, BC.  I have never visited Canada.

All the houses were tiny and no one could have possibly lived in them.  As in, most were shorter than I was and were about as long as I was tall.

We went to an outdoors shop (like Cotswolds).

I found a friend from school there.  He happened to work there.

He showed us this thing where you sleep on these magic disc things (and by magic I mean actually magic).
It wasn't big enough for the three of us so we used a bit of cardboard to make it bigger.

We slept in the middle of a supermarket.
I woke up.

I... I'm not quite sure why any of that happened.

• 4 weeks later...

In last night's dream, I was walking along a path at night, and when I looked up, I saw a gigantic moon with a yellow tint against a dark blue sky. I thought, this is what a big moon looks like. It's bigger than in the pictures.

I looked down for a second, then looked back up again. Instead of the moon, I saw shiny orange pods spread out across the sky, approaching me. Somehow, I knew this was the beginning of the fairy invasion.

Later, my brother and I snuck into the fairy base on some unofficial mission. We were supposed to recover someone's missing glove, because it was dangerous to be in the middle of a fairy war with exposed skin. To escape, we stole a fairy vehicle that was a dull green and rather small. It was very mundane and acted like a mini-car with holes for windows.

Then the fairies discovered us, and they started shooting at us. At that point, I woke up.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think my subconscious understands how physical combat works. Like, at all. Whenever I feel endangered in my dreams (or just really angry with someone), my reaction is almost always either to slap them in the face or bite them.

7 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I don't think my subconscious understands how physical combat works. Like, at all. Whenever I feel endangered in my dreams (or just really angry with someone), my reaction is almost always either to slap them in the face or bite them.

When I feel endangered in my dreams I blast them with water powers :D

I think now my brain is trying to make up for a week of weird dreams by producing extraordinarily mundane dreams.

Last night I dreamed that I was making toast for breakfast like I do every day, and when the toast popped up, the toaster spat it out so forcefully that it flew into the trash can.

4 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I keep having dreams of the day I have dreamed would come (The day I go to Disney on Ice) and now that it has arrived, I'm curious to see if it turns out the way it did in my dream.

That depends on how surreal your dreams about the occasion were... :P

Dreamed I was in high school again. Went on a school trip to Washington, DC, where my boss was a Supreme Court justice. I wound up alone in a conference room that looked like it hadn't been redecorated since 1974, eating falafel and taking notes while Ruth Bader Ginsburg presented a slide show on heteronormativity in A New Hope. The whole time, I was sitting there writing down practically every word she said, because I was terrified that my boss-turned-Supreme-Court-justice would come in, see my notes, judge them lacking, and fire me. 

And yes. They both wore those long black robes. 

When the school year was still going on my mom woke me up for seminary, but instead of getting up, I had a two minute dream about getting up and getting ready. Then when my mom came back into my room to tell me to get in the car I woke up and was really confused how I got back in bed.