The Most Underrated Character

Shattered

3 hours ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Dockson, such a critical but mostly offscreen role.  Then he dies, and is more or less forgotten.  Such a sad death scene too.

I'm chagrinned to note that I have completely forgotten what Dox actually contributed.  I know he did something, otherwise he wouldn't be present during the briefing in the first place, but for the life of me I can't remember what.  

EDIT: Just remembered, he was the team Smoker.  

Edited by Landis963

1 hour ago, Landis963 said:

I'm chagrinned to note that I have completely forgotten what Dox actually contributed.  I know he did something, otherwise he wouldn't be present during the briefing in the first place, but for the life of me I can't remember what.  

EDIT: Just remembered, he was the team Smoker.  

Clubs was the Smoker. 

Dockson was not Metalborn. He handled the team finances and supplies. He took Kel's crazy plans and used his incredible quartermaster/account skills to make them possible. Kel was the dreamer and Dox handled the details. Without Dox they would have been broke, lost, and wouldn't have had food/beds haha. 

51 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Clubs was the Smoker. 

Dockson was not Metalborn. He handled the team finances and supplies. He took Kel's crazy plans and used his incredible quartermaster/account skills to make them possible. Kel was the dreamer and Dox handled the details. Without Dox they would have been broke, lost, and wouldn't have had food/beds haha. 

oh.  Where's the embarrassed emote when you need it?  

23 hours ago, Rob Lucci said:

Explain that reference to the 95% of people who have no idea what you're talking about.

There was a link. This is the person who made the outskirts angry at Elendel in the papers. She insulted their navy.

But actually I think Sanderson did an impressive job in drawing in underrated characters for important roles... Goradel, of coarse, is a good example of this, because he saved the world... Marsh, too, is a good example of this I think. He went through some crazy stuff in his life, growing up as a skaa, weathering failed rebellion before Kelsier showed up, getting made into a steel inquisitor against his will, and then getting possessed by ruin. Despite all that, he was actually a very good person.

Edited by Drake Marshall

On 5/25/2015 at 3:44 AM, natc said:

Breeze did one heck of a job putting up with Kelsier's noble-killing obsession considering that he was a pure noble himself. Doesn't even look disturbed.

But I vote for Goradel. Maybe Demoux.

...wait. Breeze wasn't part skaa? How did he survive Kelsier?

Just now, Shadeshadow227 said:

...wait. Breeze wasn't part skaa? How did he survive Kelsier?

He lied.  As far as I can tell, only Sazed really had all the pieces to figure it out, and he cared much more for the kind of person Breeze was, than who his parents were.

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

That hoid dude who was Kelsier's informant is pretty underrated. He was just some random skaa that Kelsier paid for information, but still, for some reason I think we overlook him a lot and he might be important. :P

This comment is so dry that environmental scientists have it listed as a desert.

So...a few things...

first...colors gets up votes for making me laugh for like 10 minutes...I never realized just how silly it is that the lord ruler has a swivel chair in his secret room. Seriously...if you remember, he actually made that room while he was still ascended.  So...he could have literally made it ANY kind of chair he could imagine.  "And for my last act as a demigod...squeaky office chair."

Second, Ana gets an upvote for posting my answer before I could do it.  If it weren't for Felt, Elend would never have ended up with Vin...world would have ended.  That's without even addressing the fact that there is apparently much more to him than meets the eye.  My very first post on the 17th shard was actually because I noticed something unusual about Felt.

third...for the sake of posting an original answer...the two most under appreciated characters are the two skaa who run out of the crowd and impale the lord ruler.  Not only do they have spheres the size of  chulls...so to speak...but they accidentally create the symbol for the church of the survivor for hundreds of years to come...and are never named.

15 hours ago, hoidhunter said:

third...for the sake of posting an original answer...the two most under appreciated characters are the two skaa who run out of the crowd and impale the lord ruler.  Not only do they have spheres the size of  chulls...so to speak...but they accidentally create the symbol for the church of the survivor for hundreds of years to come...and are never named.

Those two characters you talk about - they don't exist.

There was a group of rebels, led by one of Ham's Pewterarms. That Thug drives the first spear through TLR and then, after TLR ignores him and walks by, takes spear of one of his men and stabs TLR again. And then an Inqusitor slaughters them.

• Chaos locked this topic