The Most Underrated Character

Shattered

I remember someone trying to get some message to Vin from Sazed and getting killed off by Inquisitor(maybe Marsh)

If anyone remembers his name, please share it with me :D Nothing special but liked the guy and he's death was so bad-time-bad-place it kinda made him special for me(not many characters dying like that in Sanderson's books).

Edited by Cracknut

I remember someone trying to get some message to Vin from Sazed and getting killed off by Inquisitor(maybe Marsh)

If anyone remembers his name, please share it with me :D Nothing special but kinda liked the guy and he's death was so bad-time-bad-place it kinda made him special for me(not many characters dying like that in Sanderson's books).

Ah, Goradel. You will be missed.

Ah, Goradel. You will be missed.

Yup :( 

Another not so obvious one imho is OreSeur. Yes he's allegiances were bought by Kelsier, he had default Kandra personality as far as we know, but he was one of the most important parts of the revolution. He just got offed so wrongly and no one cared about it :\

Tempted to say "Stick."

Nah, this is a Mistborn thread. I'd say in the first and second book, Spook. I didn't realize he was there until Book 3. Like "Oh yeah, there's that dude. Wait-he's doing something important? Should I have known who he was?"

Waching the Netflix Daredevil series and seeing a blind/blindfolded guy walking everywhere like he owns the place and beating up villains reminded me a lot of Spook's coolness. He was really cool in book 3. Also, High Imperial is the best meme.

I guess I liked Dockson's characterisation scenes? I would definitely have enjoyed seeing his job in more details.

Edited by yurisses

What's all this about the Lord Ruler's swivel chair? I'm all for shipping, but this reference is a bit too esoteric for me. :P

Actually, his swivel chair was a hemlurgic construct holding the identity and memories of whoever Lutha was. :P

If anyone remembers his name, please share it with me :D Nothing special but liked the guy and he's death was so bad-time-bad-place it kinda made him special for me(not many characters dying like that in Sanderson's books).

Goradel was SUPER important, and his getting killed is what saved the ENTIRE WORLD. His message even got a specific mention in the HoA's Epilogue

"You did well. Know that the message you sent via Captain Goradel saved us all, in the end"

He's also the Kredik Shaw guard that got Elend into Kredik Shaw to rescue Vin in Book 1

Bilg.

He saved the entire Mistborn story TWICE with his jerkness.

If he hadn't been so vocal in his opposition Kelsier would've picked someone else for Demoux to fight, and that alternate fight may've gone differently (Demoux would've still won, but maybe not as good of a show). Without that fight result, Demoux might not have been able to keep as many soldiers from going on Yeden's failed raid

If Bilg hadn't struck in Demoux in HoA (because Demoux was Mistfallen), Elend wouldn't have had an army of Atium Mistings waiting for him at the Terris Settlement

He never knew it, but Bilg gave his life saving Scadrial

What's all this about the Lord Ruler's swivel chair? I'm all for shipping, but this reference is a bit too esoteric for me. :P

He has a chair that swivels.  :lol: In his little hut of mystery, to be precise. You see it when Vin goes in there and finds some weird old guy, and he dramatically rotates around on his chair to face her.

He probably spins around on it for fun when nobody's looking. Lord Ruler x Swivel Chair OTP

I definitely think that everyone seems to continually forget about Vin. I know a lot of you are reading this post and going, "There is no Vin in the Mistborn trilogy," but seriously, there is and if you missed her you need to re-read it because she does play a big role despite the fact that she barely appears. 

Joking aside, I would say Mennis, the elderly skaa we meet in prologue. Sure, he doesn't have the biggest role in the plot by any means, really only doing what he is forced to do by Kelsier's actions, but I think he is important in a literary sense. He gives us spectacular insight into the class system of the nobles and the skaa and how skaa are forced to live their life. We get more details later, but that scene sets the stage for us.

• 1 year later...
On 25.05.2015 at 6:25 PM, Colours said:

He probably spins around on it for fun when nobody's looking.

I want fanart with TLR going "wheeee!" while spinning on his swivel chair, then seeing that an Inquisitor walked in and regaining his composure of "the serious tyrannical godly emperor overlord".

I would go with Allriane. She had so much potential, and yet she has so few scenes ! I liked how she was first presented as a very stereotypical character, and then proved herself to be so much more. 

But yeah, I loved Goradel too. Not a big fan of Spook though. 

I would definatly agree with Dockson and Allriane, although I do feel that many of the members of the crew are very underated, which is a shame because they're so awesome! It's probably because they didn't have as much time in the spotlight, and many of their personalities seemed to run together a bit, but I still love them. 

On 5/25/2015 at 5:44 PM, natc said:

But I vote for Goradel. Maybe Demoux.

On 5/26/2015 at 0:11 AM, LabRat said:

Bilg.

He saved the entire Mistborn story TWICE with his jerkness.

Hide contents

If he hadn't been so vocal in his opposition Kelsier would've picked someone else for Demoux to fight, and that alternate fight may've gone differently (Demoux would've still won, but maybe not as good of a show). Without that fight result, Demoux might not have been able to keep as many soldiers from going on Yeden's failed raid

If Bilg hadn't struck in Demoux in HoA (because Demoux was Mistfallen), Elend wouldn't have had an army of Atium Mistings waiting for him at the Terris Settlement

He never knew it, but Bilg gave his life saving Scadrial

Oh yeah haha