Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

@Meannadarie Same here actually, I started my BS collection with two books, WoK, and Steelheart. I had to give up on WoK after chapter 3, only to come back to it after I finished Steelheart.

SOOO freaking glad I did :D

Edited by The Technovore

On 4/25/2017 at 10:45 PM, Staphylococcus said:

IT IS!!!

When I started WoK I was like "why am I only 30% in after 4 days spent mostly reading?" so I talked to my friend who has a physical copy and who told me "well, it's huge. It looks daunting. I've had it for a year and still haven't got the courage to read it." So yeah. And then I saw it. It looks like a brick. :D

You will seriously not believe this - many people don't - but I read that in four days on audible.  Double tasking and staying up late, of course.

1 hour ago, Runeweaver said:

You will seriously not believe this - many people don't - but I read that in four days on audible.  Double tasking and staying up late, of course.

Oh wow :D I've been listening to Final Empire for OVER A MONTH :D

Edited by Staphylococcus

10 hours ago, Staphylococcus said:

Oh wow :D I've been listening to Final Empire for OVER A MONTH :D

I believe it's possible....but still waaaaaay crazy! I read/listened to WoK while training for a half marathon (that's many hours of running in a week), plus while doing house chores and it still took me two weeks! It's 32 hours, right? So that's eight hours a day for a four day read. Totally possible...but insane! Haha!

On 5/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, The Technovore said:

@Meannadarie Same here actually, I started my BS collection with two books, WoK, and Steelheart. I had to give up on WoK after chapter 3, only to come back to it after I finished Steelheart.

SOOO freaking glad I did :D

Don't be too jealous when I tell you this...but I actually got to meet Brandon this weekend. When I told him that WoK was the first book of his I read, he said, "wow, you really dove in head first!" Haha! So, even Sanderson realizes that his Stormlight Archive works are really intense. That made me feel so much better. Then I stole his phone. Totally by accident (I thought it was my sister's sitting there) and had it for like 5 minutes before realizing and returning it. Probably the most embarrassing 5 seconds of my life... 

me: I accidentally grabbed this phone while I was here. 

Brandon (looking at me over his shoulder, through the top of his glasses): Yeah, that's mine. 

Only me, I swear!

My uncle introduced me to the Cosmere. Me, after mentioning Adonalsium to my uncle (who's read every Cosmere book), and him asking "Who's Adonalsium?"

pic.jpg

Edited by Extesian
Can't figure out how to put in photos properly :(

5 hours ago, Extesian said:

My uncle introduced me to the Cosmere. Me, after mentioning Adonalsium to my uncle (who's read every Cosmere book), and him asking "Who's Adonalsium?"

pic.jpg

...how did you find it? I mean, you couldn't have found it at the original source since it's page 72 of this thread where I made it; tell me, have this meme spread through internets then?

3 hours ago, Oversleep said:

...how did you find it? I mean, you couldn't have found it at the original source since it's page 72 of this thread where I made it; tell me, have this meme spread through internets then?

Oversleep did you make this?? I just googled some stupid thing+meme+cosmere and since Always Sunny is the the GREATEST I had to post it. So yes, totally spread in the google-results-for-Cosmere-memes sense :)

2 hours ago, Extesian said:

Oversleep did you make this?? I just googled some stupid thing+meme+cosmere and since Always Sunny is the the GREATEST I had to post it. So yes, totally spread in the google-results-for-Cosmere-memes sense :)

Yep!

That day I've seen that template used on a Game of Thrones FB page and I thought that totally describes Cosmere and I made it!

Edited by Oversleep

8 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Yep!

That day I've seen that template used on a Game of Thrones FB page and I thought that totally describes Cosmere and I made it!

Well you picked one of my favorite moments from my very favorite comedy to do it, so for that I thank you Oversleep :) I haven't laughed so hard in a while.