The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Closing on the old house is COMPLETE!  Gone are the days when we must spend our weekends doing work upon a house we no longer live in!  Over is the time in which we must handle yard maintenance for two places!  It is over!  We are done!

WE JUST HAVE ONE HOUSE NOW THIS IS WONDERFUL

Say what you will about Spokane, but it is beautiful this time of year. :wub: It's snowing gently as I type this, and it's already covered the roof and the yard and the nearby pine trees. Bruce bounds through it like a bunny rabbit—between bouts of chasing Mollie through the house, that is. I'm sitting on a bed in the guest room, with Bruno curled up next to me. The parents were happy to see me, so it seems like this will be a more pleasant visit. I'm super tired, but can't sleep, so I'm here typing instead. :P 

Merry Christmas, everybody! :D

The haul:

• A Waterman fountain pen (!!!)
  • US Capitol Building LEGO model
  • A turntable + vinyl version of a couple songs from Fantastic Beasts (+10 hipster points but seriously, it's awesome :lol:)
  • Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells, and a Middle-earth atlas thingy
  • Swiss Army knife (I'd been needing a new one) and a watch
  • A new Doctor Who-themed calendar
  • Other misc things, such as a MACUSA keychain, a Hogwarts wax seal, and some silly putty stuff
  • Oh, and musn't forget the Hufflepuff quilt. ;) 

All in all, a great day (and it's only gonna get better: cheese biscuits are on the menu later!). :D 

23 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Merry Christmas, everybody! :D

The haul:

• A Waterman fountain pen (!!!)
  • US Capitol Building LEGO model
  • A turntable + vinyl version of a couple songs from Fantastic Beasts (+10 hipster points but seriously, it's awesome :lol:)
  • Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells, and a Middle-earth atlas thingy
  • Swiss Army knife (I'd been needing a new one) and a watch
  • A new Doctor Who-themed calendar
  • Other misc things, such as a MACUSA keychain, a Hogwarts wax seal, and some silly putty stuff
  • Oh, and musn't forget the Hufflepuff quilt. ;) 

All in all, a great day (and it's only gonna get better: cheese biscuits are on the menu later!). :D 

Of course you're a Hufflepuff :P

Waterman, nice. I'm afraid I would lose a Waterman too easily :P. Turntable and vinyl, extra nice. Watch and knife, cool. Other misc things, also cool.