The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

You've got it. :)

Well, there has to be enough moisture in the air to set dew that then freezes.  Though you're in Louisiana, so the idea of not having enough humidity for frost is a bit absurd.

We had temps below zero this weekend.  Did Not Want.  Snow on the ground.  Do Not Want That, Either.

Give us your snow here.

So far we aren't looking at a White Christmas, or even a Green Christmas. We're looking at sort of a Taupe Christmas.

16 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Give us your snow here.

So far we aren't looking at a White Christmas, or even a Green Christmas. We're looking at sort of a Taupe Christmas.

Please, take it.  I implore you.

My childhood from first grade through most of fifth grade was spent in the desert southwest.  I have still never acclimated to Midwestern winters.

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

Give us your snow here.

Snow is a pipe dream here in Orlando. I think we actually had a few flakes fall once, but of course they didn't actually make it to the ground.

8 hours ago, bleeder said:

So there's a $300 Telecaster at my local music store.

And I have a birthday at the end of January.

I found an old beat up Tele once at a music store in River Falls, Wisconsin. Paid $100 for it. Threw in some replacement coils and swapped the tuning pegs. It's been one of my favorite guitars since 06'

Just now, AngelEy3 said:

I found an old beat up Tele once at a music store in River Falls, Wisconsin. Paid $100 for it. Threw in some replacement coils and swapped the tuning pegs. It's been one of my favorite guitars since 06'

They're such beautiful instruments. I've wanted one since I saw my favorite band live because that thing put out quite the sound.

24 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Saw Rogue One yesterday. My son decided not to come because he didn't want to sit through all the noise of speakers. I ll talk him into it though. I need to rewatch it to confirm that it has knocked out ROTJ as my fav SW movie which I didn't think would ever be possible.

It was a great movie.  Only weak part, to me, is the characterization.

1 hour ago, mattig89ch said:

It was a great movie.  Only weak part, to me, is the characterization.

Thats understandable though. After all, the Star Wars franchise was based off of the "Space Opera" genre, which included key points like: weak characterization, typical love story(Han-Lea and Anakin-Padme), and some barely believable science(The force, light sabers, Hyperspace, etc...). The new movie was based off of what's called the "New Space Opera" though, so, not much I can explain there other than what I've already said. :)

I feel cool because I know this stuff.B)

4 hours ago, Briar King said:

Saw Rogue One yesterday. My son decided not to come because he didn't want to sit through all the noise of speakers. I ll talk him into it though. I need to rewatch it to confirm that it has knocked out ROTJ as my fav SW movie which I didn't think would ever be possible.

I'm not sure what "noise of speakers" is... Does your theatre have a poor sound system? Is it too loud? Or are you talking about people who speak during the movie? 

Just now, bleeder said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjsz20neSZ_fC6fDRogb89A

It's all just so-so covers of songs I like, but here. Enjoy!

THANK YOU!!!

(now to go watch every single video you have and(possibly) subscribe.) *leaves to accomplish said goal*

2 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

So I'm listening to We're All Gonna Die. Firstly sounds really good!! Second, your vocals are a little soft in comparison to the instruments. 

Thanks. Your feedback means a lot ^_^

I was far away from the mic (the mic is my phone); it was on a music stand a few feet away as opposed to in the others, where it's right near me.

I don't actually edit any of these so they're unpolished at best.

That job I've complained about all year. They handed out our Christmas bonuses. So what did I earn for my hours of drudgery?

Only about a $100.

Granted, that's in the form of a gift voucher, but the store it's for has pretty much everything I normally buy. In the month of Christmas, when my funds are flagging, this is greatly appreciated and I'm happy.

19 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Thanks. Your feedback means a lot ^_^

I was far away from the mic (the mic is my phone); it was on a music stand a few feet away as opposed to in the others, where it's right near me.

I don't actually edit any of these so they're unpolished at best.

If you don't mind, in adding these to my personal favorite view list. Your voice is amazing! :wub::ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Quiver said:

That job I've complained about all year. They handed out our Christmas bonuses. So what did I earn for my hours of drudgery?

Only about a $100.

Granted, that's in the form of a gift voucher, but the store it's for has pretty much everything I normally buy. In the month of Christmas, when my funds are flagging, this is greatly appreciated and I'm happy.

Congratulations! And merry Christmas! I wish I knew how to explain my deepseated appreciation for you and all the shard in general. The best I can do is thank you, and I'm so happy things are turning up for you!^_^

It makes me happy to hear all the good news you guys are sharing. I have some good news of my own as well! My parents and I just spent the last two days exploring Everglades National Park, and today we saw (among other things) oodles of alligators, one crocodile, and two ADORABLY friendly manatees. The manatees were hanging around near a boat dock and ppl would dip their hands in the water, and the manatees came right up to get head rubs.

8 hours ago, Sunbird said:

It makes me happy to hear all the good news you guys are sharing. I have some good news of my own as well! My parents and I just spent the last two days exploring Everglades National Park, and today we saw (among other things) oodles of alligators, one crocodile, and two ADORABLY friendly manatees. The manatees were hanging around near a boat dock and ppl would dip their hands in the water, and the manatees came right up to get head rubs.

BARBARA MANATEE YOU ARE THE ONE FOR ME