The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I realized that this happened a little while ago, but I hadn't posted it here (what a terrible oversight!)

In my degree program, the last 8 months of courses before you graduate are spent working on a huge ending project (known as a Capstone project). 
A month or two ago my team and I went to talk to a prof, and we got accepted to work on his project. 

His project is a lower-limb exoskeleton. 

Yes. That means I'm gonna spend Jan-Aug 2017 building Iron Man's pants. 
I am so excited about this :D 

I finished the first draft of a thing! It's a little over 2000 words, third person, past tense. It needs an edit, but I am proud of it.

Un, it is pretty much what would have happened if Clive Barker had decided to rewrite Little Red Riding Hood... in fact my pitch to myself was "New Murders in the Rue Morgue+Little Red Riding Hood"... It gets weeeeeeird, but i like it.

3 hours ago, Zathoth said:

I finished the first draft of a thing! It's a little over 2000 words, third person, past tense. It needs an edit, but I am proud of it.

Un, it is pretty much what would have happened if Clive Barker had decided to rewrite Little Red Riding Hood... in fact my pitch to myself was "New Murders in the Rue Morgue+Little Red Riding Hood"... It gets weeeeeeird, but i like it.

You should be proud, I wish I had that creative spark I see alot of others with.

Have a rep!

We usually cook beans with turkeynecks and sausage over rice with cornbread for our New Year tradition and it's always so great. Instead we cooked a huge pot of gumbo and I'm not complaining one rusting bit about it. It is sooooo good! Rain is starting to slack off so it ll be firework time in a bit.

12 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Earlier, I decided to shoot for 5,000 words by midnight tonight, to give myself a good head start on my resolution of finishing the rough draft of my WIP by December 31st, 2017. I just looked at my word count—5,020! And it's not even 7:15. B) 

Good motivation Twy. 

And I have decided to leave TV Tropes for good. I changed my password to something I'll never remember and logged out. I cannot handle the egos there, and I'm finished trying. I refuse to be a part of a community that caters to pathetic little people who pounce on innocent mistakes in order to feed their monstrous egos. Leave it to rot, I say. 

I feel much better having decided this. 

52 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

And I have decided to leave TV Tropes for good. I changed my password to something I'll never remember and logged out. I cannot handle the egos there, and I'm finished trying. I refuse to be a part of a community that caters to pathetic little people who pounce on innocent mistakes in order to feed their monstrous egos. Leave it to rot, I say. 

I wasn't aware there was a TV Trope community. I just thought the universe updated the site.

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Are you going to make your New Years' Resolution not to interact with awful people whenever you can help it? Because I feel like that should be your New Years' Resolution. :ph34r::P

1 minute ago, Kobold King said:

Are you going to make your New Years' Resolution not to interact with awful people whenever you can help it? Because I feel like that should be your New Years' Resolution. :ph34r::P

You have good ideas. :ph34r: 

Your resolution should be to pop in more often. :ph34r::P Though if you're operating under time constraints, no biggie. We just like having you around. :)

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You have good ideas. :ph34r: 

Your resolution should be to pop in more often. :ph34r::P Though if you're operating under time constraints, no biggie. We just like having you around. :)

I... honestly, I keep losing track of what goes on around here, which makes getting back into the everyday discussions a little difficult. Embarrassing, I know, considering how close to the forum's pulse I used to be, but there it is. I'm pretty badly out of touch.

...I'll try to keep up a little better, and maybe get some RP posts posted. It's been forever since I've done any of those. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I'm back! 

AND I GOT A NEW GUITAR AND I LOVE IT AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL GUYS

Image result for squier tele classic vibe thinline

AND I HAVE EQUIPPED IT WITH A LEATHER STRAP I MADE MYSELF 
AND EVERY TIME I HAVE PICKED IT UP I HAVE SMILED UNCONTROLLABLY

AND I LOVE IT

Cute. You have a picture of the lovely strap?