Shadows Of Self Cover Reveal!

Windrunner

So pretty ermagerd. I'm so excited for this!!!!!!!

Ok rationally: the setting looks like ancient ruins. The pillars in the background, the helmet/dome in the foreground ---yet there shouldnt BE anything that ancient relative to earth on Scadrial (ie looks Greek or roman). Looks like rubble on the ground behind. If its a literal scene from the book (no pun intended) then something super awesome and dramatic is going on.

im loving their clothing too :)

So its says the book is coming out in fall - as in nearly a year away?

Edited by Delightful

I, too, am saddened by the lack of Wayne on the cover.  I guess Alloy of Law is remaining my desktop background for the foreseeable future.

So pretty ermagerd. I'm so excited for this!!!!!!!

Ok rationally: the setting looks like ancient ruins. The pillars in the background, the helmet/dome in the foreground ---yet there shouldnt BE anything that ancient relative to earth on Scadrial (ie looks Greek or roman). Looks like rubble on the ground behind. If its a literal scene from the book (no pun intended) then something super awesome and dramatic is going on.
im loving their clothing too :)

So its says the book is coming out in fall - as in nearly a year away?

See, to me, that looks like a government building, not a ruin.  You can see city towers in the background.

Looking at the description of the book, there's some interesting stuff to see.

What do you guys think the four faiths are? Off the top of my head, we've heard reference to Survivorism, Sliverism, Pathism, and Trellism. Are these the ones? Are there really any Trellists aside from Mr. Suit and Miles? Did all the Terrispeople convert to Pathism, or are any following their old religion now that it has been rediscovered?

You've hit all four of the religions that got a section in Crafty's MAG expansion, so I'd guess that those are the ones that are going to be the players here. There is a note that Trellism and Trelagism are slightly distinct from one another. (Trelagism is the ancient stargazers' religion that Sazed has records of, and Trellism is the obscure, possibly extremist, modern splinter branch.)

As I recall, Mr. Suit is not a Trellist, but rather disdains Miles and his beliefs.

Well... at least it looks like they used the same model for Wax as in the Alloy of Law cover, except he looks older now.

which maakes me wonder; the book opens the day before the scheduled marriage of wax and steris, which was supposed to be 8 months after the events of AoL. Not enough for wax to look older. So either some significant time skip will happen, or he just looks older because of the light conditions and the beard.

I like. I am generally happy with Brandon's covers in the US, but this one rates a little higher than the average. I absolutely adore Marasi too - I didn't imagine her quite so badass (also, she looks a little older on the cover than she is supposed to be in the book, I think, but that's not unusual), and Wax's revolver looks like a thing of power. 

So...I'm going to go on a separate tangent...

The Tor website description of the book mentions mounting tension between the 4 major religions.  The book is called shadows of self.  We know that Miles was being driven or influenced by something.  I am pretty sure that there is a WoB where Brandon says that the title has nothing to do with slivers...but maybe he is trying to misdirect us...

Follow me now...

Pathism = influenced by Sazed (harmony himself)

Sliverism = influenced by Rashek (sliver of infinity)

Survivorism = influenced by Kelsier (WoB that names him a sliver)

Tellism = ? (who could it be?) (Ati does have a tendency to hijack religions for his own purposes) 

• Chaos locked this topic