Quick Fix Game 6: A Time of Nightmares

Herowannabe

I am voting for Cheese United.

I am moving to the Theatre.

I am staying in the Dining Hall.

FYI: You don't need to create a new post to change your vote. You may simply edit your original vote Thanks.

Edited by Herowannabe

Day 2: Imaginary Murderer?

When I awoke again sometime later, the room was mostly empty. Wilson was sitting in an armchair nearby, reading the paper. He set it down when he noticed me stirring.

“How are you feeling, Master Leeds?” He asked me.

“Head hurts. So does most of the rest of me.” I tried shifting around in my bed. “Is anything broken?”

“The doctor couldn’t find any broken bones. You’re quite fortunate, really. You have suffered a rather severe concussion, however. It’s possible you’ve fractured your skull, but as per your written request I refused to let the doctor take you to the hospital for X-rays.”

“Thank you,” I said, meaning it. I could tell that Wilson wanted to know what had happened, but considered it impolite to ask, and I didn’t explain. I figured it would not be a good idea to inform the one human being on the planet who tolerated me that the imaginary people in my head were trying to kill me. That tends to not inspire a lot of confidence in other people. Best if I took care of this on my own. Looking around the room, I spotted one of those folding-wheelchairs in the corner. Perfect.

With Wilson’s help I made it into the chair. I retrieved a few things from the nightstand by my bed, then had Wilson wheel me to the White Room. Then I instructed to leave me there, and inform all of my Aspects to meet me there. Like the perfect butler that he is, he obeyed without question. Even though he couldn’t see my hallucinatory companions, I could hear him going from room to room, calling for everyone to convene in the White Room.

Wilson had cleaned up all the remains of the party, so the walls, floor, and ceiling were all a bare white. My eyes were drawn to the only other thing in the room, a small slip of paper in the middle of the floor. I gingerly wheeled over and picked it up, then smiled. It was one of the little puzzles that my Cryptologist liked to leave for me to try to decipher. It read:

There is no weakness where strength lies. There are many who seek to stop us. Trust no one. We are the eyes in the shadows and we will not be silent.

If this is to end in fire, then we shall all burn together.
Kjvof xzsbû kwizf vdxoz ncwmú zworn eymqt hzoyn lcxdz przcd mzkvè tupyp rmfpg lldch thsgr ōqdbq avuzl swlse ëvidj jmywn doplç rcvbq
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

I didn’t have the time or desire to try to decipher it now, and as the Aspects started arriving I slipped the paper into the pocket of my robe, next to the other item stashed there. When everyone was in the room, I addressed them. “Well? What have you found out? Any ideas which of you attacked me?”

The Aspects shuffled about and glanced around uneasily. Someone coughed.

“Well, you see…” Snoopy said, “Based on what little information we have been able to find… The attackers are being very circumspect…”

Bubba cut him off. “We ain’t got the faintest clue who woulda’ attacked you, Steve.”

I sighed. “Fine,” I said, an idea starting to form in the back of my mind. “How about on the count of three, everyone point at one person they think is one of the attackers. Ready? One. Two. Three.”

I figured that somewhere in my subconscious mind I knew which Aspects had decided to turn on me. And since my Aspects were just projections of my subconscious mind, collectively they must know who had done it. At least, that was my reasoning at the time.

Everyone’s hands came to rest. a good number of the Aspects hesitated, not pointing at anyone, but with a quick count I saw that Gerald Hobbes had the most fingers pointed at him. Not waiting for an explanation, I reached my hand back into the pocket of my robe and pulled out the revolver I had put in there before leaving my bedroom. I leveled the gun at “Snoopy” and cocked the trigger.

“Woah! Wait a second,” he said, eyes widening. He raised his hands defensively and backed up a few steps. The Aspects around him pulled away, shocked and frightened. I hesitated, unsure if this really was a good idea or not.

Then I shot him.

I was a little unsure what would happen, none of my Aspects had ever died before, but my dramatic action had the effect desired. To my view, Stephen staggered back clutching the growing red spot on his chest. He looked up at me, and in his eyes I saw pain and sorrow. Then he collapsed.

The room was silent for a long time.

“So… was he… you know…?” Din said, in barely more than a whisper.

“I don’t know,” I said, “But whether or not he was, there are more of them out there. You still have work to do.”

The door to the room opened, and Wilson looked in hesitantly. To his view, I sat alone in the room, gun in hand, with a fresh bullet hole in the wall. “Is… everything alright, Master Leeds?”

“Yeah,” I said. I looked at Snoopy’s corpse. He had just been a hallucination, but I had shot him in cold blood, with barely any warning. Did that make me a murderer?

“Bring someone in to bleach and whitewash the floor in here,” I told Wilson, and he nodded, his face showing concern.

Snoopy was the Astronaut! (Regular Aspect with no special abilities)
Day 2 will begin as soon as you receive your invite into the next Room PM group. They will be as follows:

Dining hall
Bubba V (vineyarddawg)
Ron Lav (Alvron)
Jain (Lightsworn Panda)
Adrian Fox (Aonar Faileas)

Library
Herr Pifferd (Lord Pifferdo)
Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)
Joe (The Only Joe)
Lily Carter (Luckat)

Lounge
Liam (Mailliw73)
Melvin (Metacognition)
Bernie Kassig (Kasimir)
Abe Smith (A Smart Guy)

Billiard Room
Clare Wintris (Winter Cloud)
Cheesy Rogers (Cheese United)
JP (JasonPenguin)
Mortimer Jennings (Antillar Maximus)

Theatre
Din (Gamma Fiend)
Hondren (Eolhondras)
Roger De Bree / Alex Wunkel (Phattemer)

EDIT: Everyone should have received their new room PMs now, and those that used their special abilities should have received any applicable PMs from me.

Working on posting a vote tally, even though there aren't any vote manipulating roles this game. Mainly so that you can double check my work and find the inevitable mistakes.  :rolleyes:

EDIT 2:

Name / # of Votes Received / Who they voted for

Clare Wintris (Winter Cloud) / 0 / Joe (The Only Joe)
Liam (Mailliw73) / 1 / Gerald "Snoopy" Hobbes (Snoopy)
Bubba V (vineyarddawg) / 1 / Gerald "Snoopy" Hobbes (Snoopy)
Jain (Lightsworn Panda) / 1 / -
Herr Pifferd (Lord Pifferdoo) / 1 / Joe (The Only Joe)
Cheesy Rogers (Cheese United) / 1 / -
Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) / 0 / Gerald "Snoopy" Hobbes (Snoopy)
Ron Lav (Alvron) / 1 / Bubba V (vineyarddawg)
Din (Gamma Fiend) / 1 / Ron Lav (Alvron)
JP (JasonPenguin) / 0 / Liam (Mailliw73)
Adrian Fox (Aonar Faileas) / 0 / -
Abe Smith (A Smart Guy) / 0 / -
Joe (The Only Joe) / 2 / Herr Pifferd (Lord Pifferdoo)
Mortimer Jennings (Antillar Maximus) / 0 / -
Gerald "Snoopy" Hobbes (Snoopy) / 3 / Cheesy Rogers (Cheese United)
Melvin (Metacognition) / 0 / Jain (Lightsworn Panda)
Hondren (Eolhondras) / 1 / Lily Carter (Luckat)
Bernie Kassig (Kasimir) / 0 / Din (Gamma Fiend)
Lily Carter (Luckat) / 1 / Hondren (Eolhondras)
Roger De Bree / Alex Wunkel (Phattemer) / 0 / -

EDIT 3: Updated Player List:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/23405-qf6-the-white-room/?p=230738

EDIT 4:
I knew there would be a mistake somewhere. Fixed the vote tally- I had two player's votes mixed up. Fortunately it doesn't change the end result. Thank you to Luckat for pointing it out.

Edited by Alvron

@Antillar Maximus: That is more information than you are allowed to post here. Please delete everything except your vote and your room choice, if you choose to make one. Thank you.

Edit: thank you again. :)

Edited by Herowannabe