LG99 Night 2: A Fatal Flash

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Everyone 😇

it is my opinion that vig shots are sacred

if the heavens wanted us to vote on them they'd have give us another exe instead of a vig shot

this is a fancy way of saying idk tbh

Some puppies want to watch the world burn 😔

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Okay so I started the game with Crimson. Already told everyone in PMs and now have become convinced we're not all village, so I figured I might as well announce it, since I'm still debating who to shoot and value democratic input. Thoughts?

(Rn my order is on TBB, but am open to changing it)

For now that is all o7

My thoughts are that I personally would like to not die.

I think I am very solvable right now. E!TKN doesn't get involved as much I have this game. Kas has a few others I've seen, but that’s my main point of contention. 

I think you should probably be shooting into that low info/activity bunch, Hairy, JNV (well, not JNV cause of Kas), Aeter, Raven, maybe Royal.

I'm actually curious why you seem to be so ok with this @Kasimir, you've been reading me village so far as I can yell for a while now, and more strongly than I'm used to.

13 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

I'm actually curious why you seem to be so ok with this @Kasimir, you've been reading me village so far as I can yell for a while now, and more strongly than I'm used to.

PoE + it seems harsh to tell Aman 'kys' and also lbr if he's Village that's a bad shout, if he's Evil, he's not gonna shoot himself.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

PoE + it seems harsh to tell Aman 'kys' and also lbr if he's Village that's a bad shout, if he's Evil, he's not gonna shoot himself.

Is a Raven/2 Newbies team that improbable for missing a kill? 

Something that can help @Amanuensis decision as well, I grabbed the Midnight spore last night. I want to try to find the elim kill tonight. I currently have it on my top suspect, but I'm very open to other suggestions. I figure I can randomly select from a pool who to check. 

15 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Something that can help @Amanuensis decision as well, I grabbed the Midnight spore last night. I want to try to find the elim kill tonight. I currently have it on my top suspect, but I'm very open to other suggestions. I figure I can randomly select from a pool who to check. 

Hm. Okay, maybe I will shoot Hairy or Raven then

For now that is all o7

12 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Hm. Okay, maybe I will shoot Hairy or Raven then

IMO no point shooting Hairy. Hairy last showed up on D1. 

If someone fails to post in the thread for two cycles, they will be thrown overboard and eliminated.

@Sart, with Hairy failing to post past D1, does Hairy die during D3 or start N3?

Ooer. Side-thought: Nasty complication for us I maybe didn't think about. Suppose for now Hairy is Village. (Worst case scenario, remember?) If so:

-Aman misshoots
-Elim kill succeeds

6/3 -> 4/3

Theoretically 4/3 is not lylo, but:

Further suppose V!Hairy dies D3:

3/3 -> lylo

V!Hairy dies N3:

4/3 -> ML takes us to 3/3 and Hairy perishing of inactivity and being keelhauled -> 2/3 V loss.

32 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

I will bracket this comment by noting I don't like to lean too heavily on GM meta. However:

-Sart is known to want to choose randomly (+)
-I still doubt most GMs would let that team through - it's a team that has no real support for the new players. You can argue that Araris and Szeth ran that team in QF64 but I'll note that team had you. (-)

I'm not strongly convinced the team missed a kill. I'm still leaning towards the view they deliberately killed TJ because I generally feel inactivity hunting should be last ditch, not first effort, especially in our predicament. (It has corrosive effects on Village capacity IMO.) It's absolutely possible that my reluctance to do so will be lethal for us here, but that's why I'm looking at both you and Aman. (I've considered Drake and JNV again, but am still less convinced they fit for now.)

The main things holding me back are that, as I said, it's kinda unhelpful to tell Aman frankly 'kys' ( :P ) though I've mentioned my suspicion of him more than once.

The other reason I dislike the Raven/2 Newbies formulation:

-Raven is too missing to do much reading into
-Newbies too passive for this

Essentially pushing them is going for a crapshoot because it doesn't feel there's much to go off. It's maybe a shocking statement coming from me, the believer in discussed exes, but the tepidity of the thread from the past two cycles is not leaving me too optimistic that we'll see an indicator we're hitting something.

We could take this as a sign that we're not pressuring the right people, but where does that leave us?

<Aet, Raven, Hairy> because Bee has faced lethal pressure and no one batted an eye, not even Bee.

Raven is barely there, Hairy has not showed up since D1. That's a Hail Sithis shot if I ever saw one.

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

*Resists urge to tinfoil Drake using the NK on TJ and lying about using his Crimson so he can save it for later and double tap win*

For now that is all o7

Why did you have to say that.

Triggering the paranoid part of my brain (the whole of it basically)

Edited by The Bald Brandon