Hi! Excited to talk/listen to fellow fans!

I am no writer... however, I am a big reader and I have slowly been becoming a huge Sanderfan! It all started when I read TWoK 3 years ago, and I have been obsessively trying to understand to components of the Cosmere ever since I realized there was something bigger than what was in the Stormlight Archives. I love reading everyone's questions and I hope to contribute once I become confident enough. :)

Edited by Glorfs Tresses

3 hours ago, justice magician said:

Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

Thank you! Definitely blueberry bagels.

1 hour ago, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard! Least favorite and favorite characters?

Thank you! There are still some stories I have yet to read, but my favorite character is probably Navani. I also really like Vin, Hoid, and Kaladin!

Least favorite.... I am all caught up in The Stormlight Archives but I still struggle with liking Venli. However, I think my least favorite is Moash with no explanation needed haha

2 minutes ago, Glorfs Tresses said:

Thank you! Definitely blueberry bagels.

Thank you! There are still some stories I have yet to read, but my favorite character is probably Navani. I also really like Vin, Hoid, and Kaladin!

Least favorite.... I am all caught up in The Stormlight Archives but I still struggle with liking Venli. However, I think my least favorite is Moash with no explanation needed haha

Nice!

20 hours ago, Glorfs Tresses said:

I am no writer... however, I am a big reader and I have slowly been becoming a huge Sanderfan! It all started when I read WoK 3 years ago, and I have been obsessively trying to understand to components of the Cosmere ever since I realized there was something bigger than what was in the Stormlight Archives. I love reading everyone's questions and I hope to contribute once I become confident enough. :)

Hello hello!

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 8:45 AM, Wierdo said:

What is your favorite color cheese?

Interesting question! I guess white cheese (mozzarella, feta, parmesan)

On 3/7/2024 at 11:22 AM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

If you could bring any 2 Sandersonian characters back to life (excluding WoT) in a room for an hour, who’d you pick?

Hmmm... that's a hard question that I will probably be thinking about more.

Spoiler

Off the top of my head, however, maybe Tanavast and Rayse for an hour. I think it would be a complex meeting for sure

Edited by Glorfs Tresses

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Etedbert said:

Welcome to the shard! What Radiant Order do you identify with the closest?

Thank you! Definitely the Truthwatchers.

I am an engineer and have also held a few research jobs. I have always been drawn to healing characters in games and books, and I have held a few first aid positions. I consider myself a pretty reserved and observant person, however, if I have an opinion (or a truth haha), I have to let it be known.

Edited by Glorfs Tresses

On 3/8/2024 at 11:06 AM, Glorfs Tresses said:

Thank you! Definitely the Truthwatchers.

I am an engineer and have also held a few research jobs. I have always been drawn to healing characters in games and books, and I have held a few first aid positions. I consider myself a pretty reserved and observant person, however, if I have an opinion (or a truth haha), I have to let it be known.

A fellow Truthwatcher! That’s awesome! I’m excited to learn more about the order (and specifically the higher oaths) in future books.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:21 PM, strmblsd said:

what is your opinion on hemalurgy?

okay, I have been waiting to answer this because I have not thought about it before and I am new to the Cosmere (like within the past year and a half).

So I think in instances it can be good/acceptable. If someone were to willingly agree I think it would "acceptable" and also if the person who uses it is understanding of the weight of their actions and why it is being done. However, there is much risk of the "wrong people" using hemalurgy due to it's nature. So I would say is that it is circumstantially good or evil, but it is always dangerous and comes with a great cost in terms of the afterlife.

So I guess my opinion is that it overall is a bad move and I would not deem it "necessary" in any instance, but "people" who do use it (whether good or bad) will always trick/convince themselves that it is necessary. That's the short conclusion, but there is a lot more to think about. Thank you for the question, @strmblsd!