Crazy stuff from that crazy internet!

Eerongal

FYI: NSFW

*snip*

Saw that not long ago. I love Gilbert Gottfried xD

I've shared this in IRC and while it's not "crazy" it's something that definitely needs to be shared. Because it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling that I want to share with you all: http://www.azcentral.com/news/azliving/articles/2012/07/13/20120713bikers-against-child-abuse-make-abuse-victims-feel-safe.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We should be okay. There are two Windrunners now, so the Knights Radiant are standing again. I can lend you guys some Dawnshards and we'll be good to go. Do we have any volunteers to be Odium's champion? :P

I volunteer to be Odium's champion. You know, so he can be killed and all?

• 3 weeks later...

I will just leave this here.... and watch it spread...

If I could give fifty upvotes for this, I would.

It's a video involving Brandon, guys. You should really click that link...

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I thought this was pretty cool. http://htwins.net/scale2/

Makes you feel small doesn't it? :P There was a similar one I showed my physics professor for our astrophysics module and he put it on the big screen for the class. There was a lot of exclamations of wonderment. When you study this sort of stuff, you can never really prepare yourself for the awe you experience at seeing that scale. That's when physics becomes poetry.

Edited by Lyrebon

Makes you feel small doesn't it? :P There was a similar one I showed my physics professor for our astrophysics module and he put it on the big screen for the class. There was a lot of exclamations of wonderment. When you study this sort of stuff, you can never really prepare yourself for the awe you experience at seeing that scale. That's when physics becomes poetry.

My favorite part was the "minecraft world". It is pretty crazy, though.

I didn't know that the estimated size of the universe was a square ;).

My favorite part was the "minecraft world". It is pretty crazy, though.

I didn't know that the estimated size of the universe was a square ;).

Haha.

The Ant Nebula is kind of ironically named.

damnation. Now I'm thinking about the age old question of what's beyond the universe... Scientists say it's expanding, but expanding into what?

the planck length is SMALLLLLLL

only if you think the smallest possible unit of measurement is small, then i SUPPOSE it's small. :P

damnation. Now I'm thinking about the age old question of what's beyond the universe... Scientists say it's expanding, but expanding into what?

Expanding as in getting bigger? I'm not sure what you mean, the question is kinda nonsensical :P

Everything is moving away from each other, so the size (i.e. the distance between each of the stars or whatever on the furthest edge of it) of the universe is getting bigger, thus expanding.