In this weeks update, what does 631 mean?

I have tried looking at the Roman Numerals, Periodic table, traditional wedding anniversary presents, not coming up with anything

Brandon switched up the items in his book case with the announcement that Stormlight was 100% complete. The 6:31 clock first appears behind him, and the books with different color spines is now in a 6-3-1 pattern.

also, Luke 6:31 is the golden rule, do unto others as you would wish done unto you. I don't think this is pointing to anything, but its all I got at this point

The theory I'm going with is that it'll be something that happens in the Bondsmith SayTheWords video, and maybe we'll get a Senne Khald story by Dan in the WoR Backerkit or something like that. Definitely seems like WoR LB advertising with how the SayTheWords dates have been in a pattern and the last one will be on Rosharan date 6.3.1. 

maybe he's moving to Long Island, NY? (area code 361 is for Suffolk County, New York, on Long Island)

no that makes no sense

maybe he wrote a 631 page novel in secret last year?

😂 absolutely not

maybe he wrote 631 full length novels in secret last year?

Screenshot2024-02-23at2_26_24PM.png.d3835b17040ea71a6abfc9c78c6d87fe.pngScreenshot2024-02-23at2_26_21PM.thumb.png.a49e928a59c982b3976498346ede545b.png

I don't see it anywhere else in that video

Edited by hoid without wit

What if he's adding a new day to the calendar (6/31)? Or maybe it's a date that is 6 years, 31 days from when we saw it first? Maybe it's a clue for the Mistborn Movie? What if there are 631 members of the Ghostbloods or one of the many spren groups? 

The 631st WoB on Arcanum is this one from the Well of Ascension annotations.

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson

Vin thinks about assassinating Cett and Straff

The other thing of real importance here is Vin's struggling with whether or not she should just go assassinate her enemies. It seems like such a brutal, effective way to get rid of these armies. I wonder how many more leaders we'd find dead in our world if magical warriors like Mistborn existed.

Explaining why Vin doesn't just go and take care of those two men was challenging for me. This is a harsher world than I've written in before, and it was really tempting to have Vin just go kill her enemies. I toyed with doing that very thing for a long time.

The problem is, I think it would be a bad idea for her to do that. I think it for the very reasons I outline here. I doubt that killing those two men would really have the effect she wanted. And, if she really were determined to drive those armies away, she'd have to kill quite a number of leaders. It seems equally likely to me that, after killing a number of them, the armies might just join forces and take the city.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/142/#e5045

631 years ago was the year 1393.

Splitting 631 into 6/31, the sixth event and 31st wob in that event, we get this one from the Final Empire Annotations.

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson

The reference to northern mystics, in this chapter, is a foreshadowing of the powers of Keepers, such as Sazed. One of their abilities is to make themselves heavier and lighter. You won't see much of that until book two, however.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/141/#e2296

I could do it the other way, as in 63/1. That wob is from the Alloy of Law release party: 

Spoiler

Questioner

What’s your favorite fantasy/scf characters that you haven’t written?

Brandon Sanderson

Excluding my books and the wheel of time, Sam Vimes from the Discworld books, I really, really like. I have a strong affection for Harry Dresden. I really am fond of Lesa from Dragon Riders. Dragon Riders was one of the early books that I really really liked. Let’s see, who else. That guy from Dragon Prince. Dragon Prince is one of my favorite all-time books. Who else? Who else is good characters? The Fool from the Assassin books by Robin Hobb that she wrote is really awesome. That’s a good place for you. I would like to say Kvothe, because I love those books, but I don’t think he and I wouldn’t get along. I love the books and think that Kvothe is a jerk, and that’s part of why I love Name of the Wind, because Kvothe is kind of a jerk.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/239/#e10008

Starting from the latest WoBs on Arcanum, the 6th event /31st wob in event doesn't exist. Brandon's book club- sunlit man only goes up to 13 wobs.

631st starting from most recent gives us:

Spoiler

Questioner

Is someone limited to how many Nahel bonds they can form, or could someone go play Pokéspren and catch them all, getting access to all Surges?

Brandon Sanderson

There are limits to what a soul can handle. These limits are soft caps, not hard caps. Pokéspren is theoretically possible, but there would be hoops, not just the normal "I want to bond two spren" hoop, which is already a pretty big one.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/498/#e15712

Most likely, none of these are useful, but they might be. 

Edit: I just realized that 6+3+1=10, the Vorin holy number, the number of Roshar, the number of the Bondsmiths- the tenth order. 

Edited by Aredor

On 2/23/2024 at 7:33 AM, AonEne said:

The theory I'm going with is that it'll be something that happens in the Bondsmith SayTheWords video, and maybe we'll get a Senne Khald story by Dan in the WoR Backerkit or something like that. Definitely seems like WoR LB advertising with how the SayTheWords dates have been in a pattern and the last one will be on Rosharan date 6.3.1. 

12 hours ago, Aredor said:

Edit: I just realized that 6+3+1=10, the Vorin holy number, the number of Roshar, the number of the Bondsmiths- the tenth order. 

these two things could be related. how much longer do we have before the Bondsmith video?

The Bondsmith video won't be the 631st, but a few videos after that will be and will likely be the announcement of the WOR LB. That's the current running theory I've seen. 

Probably something to do with the Kickstarter, maybe also a shadow-drop of Dragonsteel Prime. If it's anything beyond that, then I can't really imagine too much. Maybe if a Mistborn movie deal has been officially struck, and the news goes out at 6:30 Mountain time, so Brandon will announce it at 6:31? Or how about a cover reveal for Wind and Truth

Honestly, there are several things it could be, but I think we should keep it focused on the Kickstarter. 

11 hours ago, Aredor said:

I count 9 instances of a 631 in this week's update. What is going on?

Screenshot (22).png

ooh how did i miss that. i might look over some of the older ones before we saw the first 631 for more

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Probably something to do with the Kickstarter, maybe also a shadow-drop of Dragonsteel Prime. If it's anything beyond that, then I can't really imagine too much. Maybe if a Mistborn movie deal has been officially struck, and the news goes out at 6:30 Mountain time, so Brandon will announce it at 6:31? Or how about a cover reveal for Wind and Truth

Honestly, there are several things it could be, but I think we should keep it focused on the Kickstarter. 

i hope it is a mistborn movie. that would be sick

3 minutes ago, Althok said:

6 analog clocks, one digital. 
6 clocks on shelves, one not. 

what about the 2 sets of books? i think the format is unrelated

8 hours ago, Althok said:

6 analog clocks, one digital. 
6 clocks on shelves, one not. 

If we can find one more set if books done 631 then that would make 3 of that, making it 6 analog, 3 book, and one digital.

Side note, I get that clocks really are just a good, easy, subtle way of slipping in the number 631, but maybe there more to it that it's mostly clocks. I have seen several fandom based watches recently, maybe this will be a release of a fancy watch collaboration?

Could be something related to the Stormlight RPG. We know its coming sometime this year so news about it is bound to be soon. Alternatively it could be something new perhaps another Sanderson Curiosity whether that be dragonsteel prime or something else we don't know about.