Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

8 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I wish people would like me.

“Nuh-uh,” the Nightwatcher says. “I can’t give you something you already have. I’m sure heaps of people like you, and you just don’t know it.” She smiles at you and waves her hand. 

Suddenly, an adorable puppy/kitten (whichever is your preference) appears in your arms. “This is your boon,” she says. The puppy/kitten wriggles around, trying to jump onto the ground, but it can’t. “And this is your bane. It’s stuck to you forever.”

I wish for a basket of fruit. Sentient fruit. 

22 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I wish for a machine that would let me speed up and slow down time at my will.

This seems to keep on happening to you Xino, I’m sorry.

Ahem, The Nightwatcher looks down at the puny mortal asking to manipulate the rules of time...again. What was it with them and changing time? Didn’t they know it would always lead to misery? Still, it was within her powers so... “Granted” she whispers. A cloud of mist fades to leave a massive machine, covered in gears and pipes, and glowing with a malignant light. “This will speed up and slow time at will” and it will will fulfill the spirit of your request rather than the word.” She pauses. “And finally, your hand will be stuck to it for the rest of your life, and death, and else. As long as this machine exists you will be stuck to it. You become an observer of time rather than an adventurer or traveler.” The mists thicken and pull you into a small clearing filled with others who had suffered similar banes, for even the Nightwatcher is not so cruel to deprive you of all conversation forever.

I wish for a gallon of hot chocolate.

~ ~ ~

Oops sorry salad.

Granted you now have sentient fruit, and they are all infatuated with you. And there is always more fruit watching you and following you everywhere. And good luck eating any fruit again...

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

4 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

This seems to keep on happening to you Xino, I’m sorry.

Ahem, The Nightwatcher looks down at the puny mortal asking to manipulate the rules of time...again. What was it with them and changing time? Didn’t they know it would always lead to misery? Still, it was within her powers so... “Granted” she whispers. A cloud of mist fades to leave a massive machine, covered in gears and pipes, and glowing with a malignant light. “This will speed up and slow time at will” and it will will fulfill the spirit of your request rather than the word.” She pauses. “And finally, your hand will be stuck to it for the rest of your life, and death, and else. As long as this machine exists you will be stuck to it. You become an observer of time rather than an adventurer or traveler.” The mists thicken and pull you into a small clearing filled with others who had suffered similar banes, for even the Nightwatcher is not so cruel to deprive you of all conversation forever.

I wish for a gallon of hot chocolate.

~ ~ ~

Oops sorry salad.

Granted you now have sentient fruit, and they are all infatuated with you. And there is always more fruit watching you and following you everywhere. And good luck eating any fruit again...

1. I already answered Xineo’s boon.

2. Granted, the gallon of hot chocolate appears filling your skull, replacing your brain, eyes, everything inside your mouth, and nose. If it ever all poors out, you shall die.

3. I wish that this kitten will be able to move. 

10 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I wish for a basket of fruit. Sentient fruit. 

Do you know Polythreme from the game Sunless Sea? It's basically an island where everything is alive. The stone roads cry out when you step on them, drinks wail when you consume them while the containers holding them sob, and food begs you to stop when you eat. Well, that's basically what your fruit will do, scream as you try to eat them, groan in agony as they slowly wither and rot. 

19 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I wish that this kitten will be able to move. 

Granted, the kitty now has super strength and so can move even while still attached to you, carrying you wherever she goes

I wish for superb fighting skills with unconventional weaponry

29 minutes ago, Honorless said:

I wish for superb fighting skills with unconventional weaponry

Granted. Anytime you pick up an object that would not normally be considered a weapon, you gain the knowledge and dexterity necessary to use it in a fight, which lasts as long as you are touching the object. Your Bane is that the moment anyone other than you percieves the object that you hold as a weapon, you lose that ability to use it as a weapon. 

I wish for a single day of brilliance (similar to what Taravangian had) a year. 

14 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

I wish for a single day of brilliance (similar to what Taravangian had) a year. 

Granted: your boon is a single day of brilliance a year

your bane is another day of brilliance, on which your heart will be filled with malice and you will do your best to ruin your other brilliant self's work

I wish for an inventory/bag of holding (like in the games)

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

I wish for an inventory/bag of holding (like in the games)

Granted, you are given an inventory equal to Steve's in Minecraft. Your bane is that you do not have super-strength, so filling you inventory with dirt will crush you

I wish to be as strong as Steve from Minecraft.

Granted, but they require 1,000,000 AA batteries to work, creating a solid platform about five feet tall, wide, and long below your feet. Sure, you can teleport, but forget about walking. Oh, and the batteries only last about one jump.

I wish I could speak with perfect clarity, tone, intonation, etc., surpassing all other puny mortals as the world gathers around to hear the inspiring speeches I give with my perfect voice.

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I wish I could speak with perfect clarity, tone, intonation, etc., surpassing all other puny mortals as the world gathers around to hear the inspiring speeches I give with my perfect voice.

Granted. You will be the most inspiring orator the world has ever seen and will ever see. Every word you speak will be more inspirational than the most inspiring speech ever given, and all who hear them will be truly inspired by them, no matter how cynical they may be. The very world will gather to hear your speeches, and be inspired by your words. They will be inspired to Hatred and anger, no matter what you say, all who hear your words will be inspired to hate and destroy, causing them to go into maddened rampages, attacking anyone who gets in their way, all ... except you. The entire world will burn before you, and yet no one will ever attack you, no matter what you say or do.

I wish that Brandon Sanderson would become a bendalloy ferring, and that his aging wouldn't speed up while he was in a speed bubble.

On 09/01/2020 at 11:13 PM, Butt Ad Venture said:

Yay, now I have some fruit friends! It was lonely being the only sentient food. 

On 1/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Llstml said:

I wish that Brandon Sanderson would become a bendalloy ferring, and that his aging wouldn't speed up while he was in a speed bubble.

Granted, but a fan accidentally sends him an allomantically incorrect bar and he gets sick, leaving him unable to write for another year.

I wish I could control apples with my mind in a manner similar to telekinesis.

1 hour ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish I could control apples with my mind in a manner similar to telekinesis.

Granted, but you now cannot move your body at all. So to live your life, you need to use apple telekinesis to perform everyday activities like getting dressed or eating breakfast. 

I wish for a pile of soft, comfy, fluffy pillows. 

35 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I wish for a pile of soft, comfy, fluffy pillows. 

Granted, you get a pile of cotton pillows, but you are now a sheep falling onto them from very high up. Only, they are actually a pile of nails. Wet nails. At the bottom of the ocean.

I wish to have... mathematical powers!

26 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

I wish to have... mathematical powers!

Granted! Your boon is that you instinctively identify, solve, and understand any mathematical problems or patterns that you come accross. This causes a bunch of problems, as nearly everything has a pattern. You look at a flickering flame, and your mind is flooded with information about the constantly changing variables that go into making a flame flicker. Try to enjoy looking out of your window. If you live in a city, the view triggers your mind to begin calculating the shortest path between each and every building in sight. If you live near a forest, you can only think about the algorithms and functions by which the location of the trees is dependent on. You'll be a bit like Susebron, who has so much Breath that he can't focus on and see people features as they are, only as as incredibly vivid shades of colour, except for you, it will be math.

And that wasn't even your bane.

Your bane is that you lose the use your dominant arm (as if it was cut by a shardblade). If you are ambidextrous, it'll be random. Not as bad, I know, but your boon is curse enough.

I wish for the ability to not feel the negative effects of not sleeping (so that way when I need to go without sleep for a day or two, I can do so effectively instead of nodding off every minute).

1 hour ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Granted, but you now cannot move your body at all. So to live your life, you need to use apple telekinesis to perform everyday activities like getting dressed or eating breakfast. 

Applekinesis. Telekinapple. Whatever the name, it's still a beautiful thought that this person will probably have to build a chair out of apples to float themselves around. Like Thanos's Throne, but made of apples.

3 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

I wish for the ability to not feel the negative effects of not sleeping (so that way when I need to go without sleep for a day or two, I can do so effectively instead of nodding off every minute).

Granted! Your body is now capable of going a full 48 hours before experiencing sleep deprivation, and it still happily welcomes any sleep before that time. Your bane is that whenever you go more than 15 hours without sleeping, you give off a deceptive scent that smells very distinctly like fear, which causes any animal (and sometimes person) who smells it to begin stalking you menacingly.

I wish that the books I just put on hold would get here tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

I wish that the books I just put on hold would get here tomorrow.

Granted, the books you put on hold will get here tommorow, here as in to my house. Your bane is that the library will think that you stole the books.

I wish for suit of Shardplate that is the same as normal Shardplate except that it has access to unlimited Stormlight, making it regenerate almost instantly.

Edited by Llstml

53 minutes ago, Llstml said:

Granted, the books you put on hold will get here tommorow, here as in to my house. Your bane is that the library will think that you stole the books.

I wish for suit of Shardplate that is the same as normal Shardplate except that it has access to unlimited Stormlight, making it regenerate almost instantly.

Granted! Not sure what you are going to do with it in a world where Shardblades and big whammy-hitty things like Chasmfiends and Thunderclasts aren't a problem, but here you go. Though, are you sure you want this? You need a team of people to assemble the armour (it weighs over a thousand pounds), and without assistance, you can't take part of it off to use the bathroom (you could technically give a mental command for all the pieces of Plate to disconnect, but then you'd need to put it all back together again). Maybe a superhero? 

Your bane is that you will always catch a cold when you come into contact with an infected person. No exceptions. Have fun coughing and sneezing in Plate.

I wish for the ability to enter the world of any work of fiction, at a place and time of my choice. Not like in Inkspell where you enter the story(where it ends the same way as the book, and certain events are unavoidable without some weird world-hacking stuff), but the world that the book, tvshow, or video game takes place in.

Edited by SirWolfe