Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted, but you are transported to the endless, sandy desert with no resources.

I wish for the ability to vibrate glass around me at such a frequency that the music playing in my head is broadcast.

Edit: I think I was accidentally a page behind. Oops. Edited to reflect the correct post.

Edited by Brightness Enna

Well, okay. I was going to do a thing about mental fatigue, but then I realized I could do one much better: The songs playing in your head annoy people. You become an outcast, unloved by any, and spend the rest of your life in isolation. With songs forever playing through your spectacles, to attract all sorts of dangerous things.

I wish for this thread to e- wait, I've killed this thread before. Instead, I wish for Enna to not be able to give me a curse, or effect me detrimentally in any way.

he doesn't have one, and is therefore the recipient of all curses since the last person who did this.

I wish to be able to eat my lasgna!(and not get sick!)

you succeed. but you have to share with me. (I'm hungry)

I wish to get six upvotes so I can be a full Shardbearer.

Your boon is also your curse (plus now you have to watch all his public appearances, including the one where he eats a California reaper/bitter gourd salad to get more media hits).

As an aside: Nope. Canada FTW.

Edited by Car'a'carn

Granted. You portal into Roshar in the middle of a highstorm, 500 feet in the air, and Kaladin is not there to save you.

Not that it matters, considering that everyone unimportant to the plot that Kal tries to save ends up dying.

Also, yes, I have doomed the world. Sorry, Enna. The Car'a'carn thing was good, though.

Edited by Car'a'carn

Granted... but your Blade is dead and your Plate is eternally full of sand. (Gotta do my part to make your wish come true... have an upvote!)

I wish to have a well-constructed, accurate Mistcloak.

Granted.  It always sticks to your other clothes so it doesn't look cool.

I wish for infinite improvisational skills on the piano.

Granted... but your Blade is dead and your Plate is eternally full of sand. (Gotta do my part to make your wish come true... have an upvote!)

I wish to have a well-constructed, accurate Mistcloak.

Granted. You have a very nice, well constructed mistcloak from the final empire era. Truly a masterwork. As a curse, you are always extremely cold and must constantly wear the cloak to remain comfortable, regardless of your surroundings.

Granted.  It always sticks to your other clothes so it doesn't look cool.

I wish for infinite improvisational skills on the piano.

You beat me by three seconds... And we basically gave the same curse

Granted, you have infinite improvisation skills. However, since you are so talented, all music other people make seems really boring to you. And everyone else finds you music way to complex for them to comprehend or enjoy.

I wish for all the future and past stormlight archive novels in hard copy right now, and to have the ability to read them and remember them, without losing them.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Granted, but 1) the pages are inexplicably made of clear glass and written in a language only you can read and 2) you are transported to a Core Possibility that has never heard of Sanderson.

Granted. You have a very nice, well constructed mistcloak from the final empire era. Truly a masterwork. As a curse, you are always extremely cold and must constantly wear the cloak to remain comfortable, regardless of your surroundings.

That's not really a curse...  ;) (Also, have you heard of black midi? There's no way you can get music more complicated than that.)

I wish for an infinite amount of good luck that can influence anything and only what I wish it to.

You get a dice which will always get the number as you wish.

Your right big toe will itch as hell every time you want to sleep.

I think most of people in this thread misunderstood how Nightwatcher's deal worked.

It's not a djinni who want to sabotage your wish by finding loophole from your words.

Instead, you make your wish, Nightwatcher give you what it thought is appropriate, and give you a curse,which might not be related to your wish.

I wish I can be a writer as good and as popular as Brandon Sanderson.

Granted. As is your previous, less explicit wish that people made banes that aren't directly related to boons.

You are now followed by a small spren-like creature that screams every time you try to lie to somebody or even just give them a false impression.

Also, since you technically made two wishes, you also can't feel your chin anymore.

I wish for the ability to slow down time for everyone but me.