Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

In the moment I made my wish, the Nightwatcher transformed me. I changed immediately, but in this new form, I was unable to move my eyes. What had I become. I could feel myself growing warm, hot in the depths of the Nightwatcher's lair. The heat around me was... melting me? I could just see a pool of steadily growing water around me, even as my vision dimmed when my eyes melted. The Nightwatcher had turned me into a block of ice! In it's steaming caves, I didn't stand a chance. But still, I had sentience. I had lost my sight, my sound, my ability for movement, but I still had my thoughts, my soul which now would never depart to the afterlife. My body melted, leaving only a pool of water at the bottom of the cave. I lay there for an eternity, unable to move, unable to breath, unable to do anything except look at my folly. And then, a tread upon me. Agony laced through me, as I felt the shoe press on me, press through me. And yet, I could do nothing except silently scream in agony. The shoes stopped at the edge of my puddle, squishing me beyond flat, placing a hole in me, displacing the very thing that was now my body.

The Nightwatcher stared at her new toy. The last one had been fun. It could still feel the person's thoughts as it screamed in agony, silent to all except those who could read thoughts, as she could. But she had grown bored by a lack of variety. Finally, a new toy had come to her! Now, time for some fun. "What is your wish?" The boy opened his mouth. "I wish, oh Nightwatcher, to replace you. I wish to become the Nightwatcher in every way, to dispense curses. This is my wish." And the Nightwatcher smiled, a heartless grin. "Your wish shall be granted, but..."

Ha! Now, every curse dispensed from now on is mine!  :D  This will be fun!

I wish to be a bronze ferring, since I hate the cold and am wearing gloves at my desk  :angry:

Granted but you find yourself immediately transported naked to the north pole with nowhere to draw heat from to fill your metalmind.

I wish that the next two people to post here feel compelled to do so entirely in Pig Latin

Dato. Et dabo domum tuam ostendere errores etiam maior quam ventus flabello Sanderson rationes.

Volo Prime est insuperabilis.

(Used Google translate. :D)

Edit: on reverse translation I realised, the original translation is not very accurate. :ph34r:

Edited by Twenty@20

"Your wish is granted. However, you can only carry around your entire wealth in pennies. Even as she speaks, penny coins begin flashing out from the top of the cave. Several hit you on the head, and you wince, but soon you realize you have bigger problems. The penny coins are already around you, covering you up to your calves, an growing quickly. Even as you try to wrench free, you realize it is too late. Even as the coins cover your head, you are still struggling. Coins drift away from where you are struggling for a while, before everything falls still. The Nightwatcher smiles.

I wish for a world without poverty.

Granted. All the rich people will become poor. If everyone is poor, then no one is poor.

And so Communism began.

I wish I could jump across chasms.

"I will grant you your wish. However, you will no longer be able to walk normally." Sure enough, the moment you try to leave, you leap a chasm-crossing distance, or you would have if you hadn't hit the cave ceiling at hundreds of kilometres an hour. Rocks and brains? Not a good mix.

I wish for world peace.

Dato. Et dabo domum tuam ostendere errores etiam maior quam ventus flabello Sanderson rationes.

Volo Prime est insuperabilis.

(Used Google translate. :D)

Edit: on reverse translation I realised, the original translation is not very accurate. :ph34r:

Ellway ealray Atinlay isway impressiveway utbay Igpay Atinlay isway oremay unfay (andway easierway otay anslatetray).

Entay imaginaryway eganay-ointspay otay Anderfansay orfay akingtay ethay easyway opoutcay Iway eftlay.

Ellway ealray Atinlay isway impressiveway utbay Igpay Atinlay isway oremay unfay (andway easierway otay anslatetray).

Entay imaginaryway eganay-ointspay otay Anderfansay orfay akingtay ethay easyway opoutcay Iway eftlay.

We must have learned slightly different Pig Latin's.

I translate as (bracket means not my original, but a guess by shuffling a letter or two back around):

Well, real Latin is impressive but Pig Latin is more fun (and easier to (translate)).

Ten imaginary nega-points to Sanderfan for taking the easy copout wl left.

Explain, please. I'm guessing there is another rule that you learned that I didn't.

I google translated the latin back to english and got :Granted. And I will make thy house to show the errors of even greater, than the wind by a fan, Sanderson reasons.

I want the Prime Minister is insurmountable.

And so the prime minister is now an insurmountable warthog.

We must have learned slightly different Pig Latin's.

I translate as (bracket means not my original, but a guess by shuffling a letter or two back around):

Well, real Latin is impressive but Pig Latin is more fun (and easier to (translate)).

Ten imaginary nega-points to Sanderfan for taking the easy copout wl left.

Explain, please. I'm guessing there is another rule that you learned that I didn't.

Mea Culpa, I put cop out as one word when it is two. In my defense I typed up my Pig Latin pretty quickly before rushing off to work.

The last part should be 'for taking the easy cop out I left'.

I knew when I set the challenge that by using the word 'compulsion' I would make it easy for those wishing to skip it to do so by making the Bane the option to ignore the compulsion.

I was tempted to make the challenge/wish that the next few posters would have to post a Pig Latin message on any other thread without explaining why. But I could not phrase it well enough and figured no one would want to do it anyway.

Pig Latin as I know it-

1 - Take the first consonant or consonant cluster off the front of the word then put it on the end and finish with 'ay' - so 'Chocolate' can be either Hocolatecay or Ocolatechay (I'd always use the second personally).

2 - If the word starts with a vowel (or is one) leave the word as normal and just add 'way' to the end (or alternatively 'nay') - so eggs becomes eggsway (or eggsnay).

I'd always used the 'nay' version myself but it has been quite a while since I'd done it and googling it to be sure threw up the 'way' instructions so I used that without realising (as I said I was in a rush).

I always just added ay to the end of the vowel words, not nay or say. Itay isay oremay unfay.

You wished for it.;)Granted. Humans are now extinct and the world is at peace.

I wish to study at the rate of 100 pages/hr.

Granted, but you get lice.

I wish for TenSoon to be pegasus in one of Brandon's books.

Granted. Despite your immortality, 2 years as a statue has atrophied your body, leaving you a withered husk of your former self. As such, the only voidspren who wishes to bond with you is one who is equally decrepit ~ a grumpy old voidspren from the days when Jezrien himself was a toddler, who abhors all of them "newfangled forms". You are left with only one option - Voidform. Intimidating as this may sound, it is the oldest of all forms, and its only ability is opening minute black holes that can only suck in nonorganic matter. Why only nonorganics, you may ask? Anything else gives Odium indigestion. Of course, you retain an honored place in the hearts of the malevolent scientists, but because of your overall state of pathetic, you are relegated to a place where your abilities will fit ~ Voidbringer janitor. You live out the rest of your days unclogging the toilets of those higher up in the despot scientist hierarchy, listening to your geezer of a voidspren telling you about how back in his day, people put spirit into unclogging toilets with black holes.

I wish I had a singing koloss.

You're a pro at this. And you have too much time on your hands. Thought about joining the Dark Alley?

Granted, but you never get to read it.

I wish I didn't have to go to school today.

Granted, you don't have to go to school because your legs have been amputated by a druken carpenter last night.

I wish This chull-chewed stick would turn into fire already.

Edited by Fatebreaker

Right. Granted. The stick is fire. So are you.

I wish to become happy with my patjetic status.

(you can't mess this up, can you? Reserve this one for Chouta. I don't want anyone else's curse)

Granted. You will be very happy right upto the point a Mistborn shoots coins at you. (Your status is Hazekiller right now)

I wish a highprince gave me a gemheart for free.