Era 7 Episode 2

Koloss17

On 1/20/2024 at 1:51 PM, Stormlightsong said:

Keshi, The Corridor, The Silver Dagger.

”money…” Keshi said idly as he thought. The whole point of this job was to get money and that sheriff person probably wouldn’t give him any for this job. An idea struck him. “This spiky fellow probably paid you quite a bit to make this gun, yes? If I neutralize him, I’ll let you keep the rest of his money and whatever is on his person. Deal?” Keshi put out a hand.

Venser, The Corridor, The Silver Dagger

Venser scoffed. "Listen." he said carefully. "I have no quarrel with this inquisitor. Whatever his motive is none of my business. If he keeps coming, I keep getting richer, which at this point is what I care about. If you were to pay me more than he would, then we have a deal. However, given where things stand, I am comfortable with where I am in this ordeal."

Venser sighed, smoothed out his eyebrows, and straightened his vest. "Now if you'll excuse me, I hear more customers arriving."

Venser felt a pang of shame over what he had just said. A younger him would have nearly started a fight with his present self. The world has changed, and so must I. I do what I must to survive.

1 minute ago, Koloss17 said:

Venser scoffed. "Listen." he said carefully. "I have no quarrel with this inquisitor. Whatever his motive is none of my business. If he keeps coming, I keep getting richer, which at this point is what I care about. If you were to pay me more than he would, then we have a deal. However, given where things stand, I am comfortable with where I am in this ordeal."

Venser sighed, smoothed out his eyebrows, and straightened his vest. "Now if you'll excuse me, I hear more customers arriving."

Venser felt a pang of shame over what he had just said. A younger him would have nearly started a fight with his present self. The world has changed, and so must I. I do what I must to survive.

Sonyr runs into the Dagger. "Does anyone know a where i can find Corbeau?"

Chefson Corbeau, Hidden Library

Several hours later, Corbeau enters the Hidden Library holding a spanreed, looking concerned and upset. He rushes over to Sonyr's desk. "Sonyr! I was bringing you a spanreed so that we could stay in contact but I saw that some of the library looks charred. Are you okay? Who did this?"

1 minute ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Chefson Corbeau, Hidden Library

Several hours later, Corbeau enters the Hidden Library holding a spanreed, looking concerned and upset. He rushes over to Sonyr's desk. "Sonyr! I was bringing you a spanreed so that we could stay in contact but I saw that some of the library looks charred. Are you okay? Who did this?"

Sonyr sits, his eyes fiery. "Spiked eyes. THE BASTARD BURNED MY BOOKS-" he inhales sharply. "the bastard..." tears come to his eyes. "Fire has destroyed everything i loved... and now almost the books too..."

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr sits, his eyes fiery. "Spiked eyes. THE BASTARD BURNED MY BOOKS-" he inhales sharply. "the bastard..." tears come to his eyes. "Fire has destroyed everything i loved... and now almost the books too..."

"Your books...they got destroyed? I'm so sorry...Is there anything I can do? Did you say Spiked eyes?" Yes...he has much more passion now. Useful, but I must channel it in the right direction. Too much, in the wrong place...I must make sure that does not occur.

3 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"Your books...they got destroyed? I'm so sorry...Is there anything I can do? Did you say Spiked eyes?" Yes...he has much more passion now. Useful, but I must channel it in the right direction. Too much, in the wrong place...I must make sure that does not occur.

Sonyr's tears didnt come often. Why am I crying... this is unprofessional. He stands up. "Well, i say we get him locked up, either in a physical jail or hell"

On 1/23/2024 at 10:41 AM, Koloss17 said:

Keshi started panicking. If I don’t get information I will fail the only thing I’m good at, Keshi thought 

A soft, soothing trill came from Goto as if to say “you can do this”

Keshi calmed himself. “I’m sorry, But I can’t allow you to leave.” I can’t go back empty handed.

Before Venser could react. Goto teleported onto his shoulder. Quickly after, Keshi knocked off the man’s hat. Suddenly his mind was visible to Keshi. there you are. Keshi teleported back to the table, and then cut off Venser’s sight. Keshi projected his voice into Venser’s mind, making it sound as though it was coming from every direction at once. “Now are you ready to talk?”

Edited by Stormlightsong

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr's tears didnt come often. Why am I crying... this is unprofessional. He stands up. "Well, i say we get him locked up, either in a physical jail or hell"

“Hell…may be a touch extreme. But jail…yes. Jail will be very good. Just what he deserves.” Good. It seems I actually succeeded in phase one. Now… “Look for him. I already have myself and others doing so. We will scour the city, and we will find him. And finally bring some law to this place.”

5 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Hell…may be a touch extreme. But jail…yes. Jail will be very good. Just what he deserves.” Good. It seems I actually succeeded in phase one. Now… “Look for him. I already have myself and others doing so. We will scour the city, and we will find him. And finally bring some law to this place.”

Sonyr stares him in the face. "Before you put him away, let me whack him."

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr stares him in the face. "Before you put him away, let me whack him."

Corbeau smiles. This is good…very good. “Perhaps. But only if it would be legal. We must follow the law, or we would be no better then our Spiky friend.”

He stretches.

“Well, I must be on my way. Perhaps we can find him soon. The last time we met I was powerless. But now…with support….” Even though I have literally two supporters. Maybe I can get Lei…? Perhaps I could manipulate the girl…kill Asylum under a disguise? The same trick won’t work twice, though. I’d need something else…I couldn’t bring Asylum, they’re too much of a wild card and I have a feeling they’re working with Perses.

Just now, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau smiles. This is good…very good. “Perhaps. But only if it would be legal. We must follow the law, or we would be no better then our Spiky friend.”

He stretches.

“Well, I must be on my way. Perhaps we can find him soon. The last time we met I was powerless. But now…with support….” Even though I have literally two supporters. Maybe I can get Lei…? Perhaps I could manipulate the girl…kill Asylum under a disguise? The same trick won’t work twice, though. I’d need something else…I couldn’t bring Asylum, they’re too much of a wild card and I have a feeling they’re working with Perses.

Sonyr holds out his arm. "I wont sleep. i have enough bronze to keep me going for an eternity right now."

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr holds out his arm. "I wont sleep. i have enough bronze to keep me going for an eternity right now."

“Bronze. Very powerful indeed. Good luck.”

Corbeau exits the library and heads towards the Coppercloud Inn, unsure where to go next. He decides on the Inn as it is the last place that the Inquisitor was seen. 
- - - - - -

Kimura Itsuki, Pewter Ironworks, Mistwarrens 

Itsuki stands by the warehouse in solitude. A shame. He had hoped to see the others. Lei, Ela, even Asylum, even though they had insulted Vinette. He knew he needed friends. He still hadn’t gotten over one tiny rejection that had happened two years ago. He was still searching…searching…

She wasn’t in this city, Itsuki was near certain of that. Then why did he stay? Why not leave, search the Cosmere?

Because he liked it here. And he was almost too scared to admit it.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:53 AM, Stormlightsong said:

Keshi started panicking. If I don’t get information I will fail the only thing I’m good at, Keshi thought 

A soft, soothing trill came from Goto as if to say “you can do this”

Keshi calmed himself. “I’m sorry, But I can’t allow you to leave.” I can’t go back empty handed.

Before Venser could react. Goto teleported onto his shoulder. Quickly after, Keshi knocked off the man’s hat. Suddenly his mind was visible to Keshi. there you are. Keshi teleported back to the table, and then cut off Venser’s sight. Keshi projected his voice into Venser’s mind, making it sound as though it was coming from every direction at once. “Now are you ready to talk?”

Suddenly, Venser’s vision went dark.

“Now are you ready to talk?” The voices came from every direction. Storming rats and storming Alleycity. 

“okay okay” Venser said, his tone turning much friendlier. “I trust you’re reasonable. You’re looking for the inquisitor? I don’t know his name, and I don’t know where he is. But if you want to stick around while I meet him, I won’t be stopping you. The gun is due in three days.”

Venser’s heart sunk into his chest as he realized that he just offered up confrontation in his shop. “Except, please don’t confront him here,” he pleaded. “Follow him back or something. I can’t let you tear up my shop.”

…………………………………………………

Chloris Valekev, The Mistwarrens.

Chloris wandered the streets of the Mistwarrens. She wore a black leather jacket, which complimented her black hair. Her yellow eyes were partially obscured by the thin electronic screen overlay worn over her right eye. Looking around, she let out a comfortable sigh. This was where she needed to be, she thought. Given the recent hysteria, it just felt…right. 

In a way, though this was the home of her old enemies, this felt like she was back home. The streets were slightly better kept, but the smells were the same. Dank and dusty, interspersed with the greasy scent of cheap street food. The occasional sound of gunfire breaking through the generally depressing street bustle. Well, perhaps she was being slightly dramatic. People seemed happy…mostly. Chloris watched as her gaze fell upon a bickering customer and a butcher that looked like they had better things to do. This was home alright.

Chloris winced. Her mind flashed to her time at the academy. Her friends, looking up to her. To that dreadful night…

Don’t you worry yourself with those things, a comforting voice said. We have each other now.

Minthe, as always, was right. There was little point dwelling on the past. Got any plans for today? Chloris asked her companion, changing the subject.

Not getting into trouble for once would be nice, Minthe replied coolly. Generally, Chloris agreed. She just…couldn’t always help herself.

Looking up, Chlo spotted the wreck of the factory. It, unsurprisingly, was not sectioned off. In fact, it looked nearly untouched. The Mistwarrens were the place where the poorer metalborn lived. Of course police were scarce. And frankly, they probably had more important matters to take care of than investigate into what was clearly local gang activity.

In a place like Alleycity, she expected better. It was so easy for a place like this to fall into gang rule, where the strongest and most ruthless won. Weren’t there people to stop this? She had heard that there were groups to help stop this type of thing, but that they hadn’t been doing much in the past year.

This looks like you’re getting involved, Minthe interjected. We’ve talked about this, Val. It only leads to you getting yourself hurt.

As she walked closer to the remains of the building, she saw a dreary fellow overlooking the rubble. You never listen, do you?

”Hey there! Admiring the view?” Chlo asked, tapping the man on the shoulder. He didn’t look Scadrian to her. But then again, neither did she. “Did this place mean anything to you?”

@Ravenclawjedi42

Edited by Koloss17

On 1/26/2024 at 8:51 PM, Koloss17 said:

“Now are you ready to talk?” The voices came from every direction. Storming rats and storming Alleycity. 

“okay okay” Venser said, his tone turning much friendlier. “I trust you’re reasonable. You’re looking for the inquisitor? I don’t know his name, and I don’t know where he is. But if you want to stick around while I meet him, I won’t be stopping you. The gun is due in three days.”

Venser’s heart sunk into his chest as he realized that he just offered up confrontation in his shop. “Except, please don’t confront him here,” he pleaded. “Follow him back or something. I can’t let you tear up my shop.”

“Alright,” Keshi said, letting go of Venser’s mind. “we have a deal. Speak of this interaction to no one, and if you tell your spiky friend that I am following him, well, let me just say there are a lot worse things I can do.” 
He sent Goto the image of Corbeau’s room.

——————————————————

Keshi, Mistwarrens, Corbeau’s hotel room.

he materialized on top of a cabinet in Corbeau’s room. Unfortunately his host was not there yet. Well, he thought, dismounting from his steed. If I’m going to be working with the guy, I might as well set up camp. He took off one of the saddlebags and took out a mesh of wire and fabric. At the click of a button. it started to unfold into a decently sized tent (relative to Keshi). he stepped inside and sat on an inflated mattress. He had spent many nights in here on enemy ships, hiding right under their noses. But he didn’t need nostalgia right now, so he grabbed out a notebook and pen and started planning for his next mission.

@Ravenclawjedi42

Edited by Stormlightsong

On 1/26/2024 at 8:51 PM, Koloss17 said:

…………………………………………………

Chloris Valekev, The Mistwarrens.

Chloris wandered the streets of the Mistwarrens. She wore a black leather jacket, which complimented her black hair. Her yellow eyes were partially obscured by the thin electronic screen overlay worn over her right eye. Looking around, she let out a comfortable sigh. This was where she needed to be, she thought. Given the recent hysteria, it just felt…right. 

In a way, though this was the home of her old enemies, this felt like she was back home. The streets were slightly better kept, but the smells were the same. Dank and dusty, interspersed with the greasy scent of cheap street food. The occasional sound of gunfire breaking through the generally depressing street bustle. Well, perhaps she was being slightly dramatic. People seemed happy…mostly. Chloris watched as her gaze fell upon a bickering customer and a butcher that looked like they had better things to do. This was home alright.

Chloris winced. Her mind flashed to her time at the academy. Her friends, looking up to her. To that dreadful night…

Don’t you worry yourself with those things, a comforting voice said. We have each other now.

Minthe, as always, was right. There was little point dwelling on the past. Got any plans for today? Chloris asked her companion, changing the subject.

Not getting into trouble for once would be nice, Minthe replied coolly. Generally, Chloris agreed. She just…couldn’t always help herself.

Looking up, Chlo spotted the wreck of the factory. It, unsurprisingly, was not sectioned off. In fact, it looked nearly untouched. The Mistwarrens were the place where the poorer metalborn lived. Of course police were scarce. And frankly, they probably had more important matters to take care of than investigate into what was clearly local gang activity.

In a place like Alleycity, she expected better. It was so easy for a place like this to fall into gang rule, where the strongest and most ruthless won. Weren’t there people to stop this? She had heard that there were groups to help stop this type of thing, but that they hadn’t been doing much in the past year.

This looks like you’re getting involved, Minthe interjected. We’ve talked about this, Val. It only leads to you getting yourself hurt.

As she walked closer to the remains of the building, she saw a dreary fellow overlooking the rubble. You never listen, do you?

”Hey there! Admiring the view?” Chlo asked, tapping the man on the shoulder. He didn’t look Scadrian to her. But then again, neither did she. “Did this place mean anything to you?”

@Ravenclawjedi42

Itsuki turned towards the figure, with hair black as midnight, a personality so dismal, so conflicted. Yet something gave her purpose. Purpose to continue.

Itsuki felt almost jealous. He hadn’t had purpose since she left.

“No, friend,” Itsuki replied. “I…I am new here. Only been here a couple of months. This place…I didn’t know it existed until the flames took it for themselves. But…it was just destroyed. It feels so wrong. I do not understand…. I met some people yesterday, two days ago, I do not know, some time ago. We started to try and find out the truth of this place. But that lasted two, three hours. Somebody new started to take over, a detective, I think, and he seems so…devoted. So much for than the rest of us did. And he scared all of us, I think, me at the least. Devotion should not be a bad thing, I know not why I see it as such. But to me, he seems too committed. He wants to find the culprit the most. The rest of us….” Itsuki left the thought hanging there, realizing he had talked for too long.

14 minutes ago, Stormlightsong said:

“Alright,” Keshi said, letting go of Venser’s mind. “we have a deal. Speak of this interaction to no one, and if you tell your spiky friend that I am following him, well, let me just say there are a lot worse things I can do.” 
He sent Goto the image of Corbeau’s room.

——————————————————

Keshi, Mistwarrens, Corbeau’s hotel room.

he materialized on top of a cabinet in Corbeau’s room. Unfortunately his host was not there yet. Well, he thought, dismounting from his steed. If I’m going to be working with the guy, I might as well set up camp. He took off one of the saddlebags and took out a mesh of wire and fabric. At the click of a button. it started to unfold into a decently sized tent (relative to Keshi). he stepped inside and sat on an inflated mattress. He had spent many nights in here on enemy ships, hiding right under their noses. But he didn’t need nostalgia right now, so he grabbed out a notebook and pen and started planning for his next mission.

@Ravenclawjedi42

After a long and unsuccessful search of the inn, High Prelan Chefson Corbeau arrived at his hotel room, only to find a tent on his dresser. That hunter I have…he hath returned. He better have news, and not just be coming to share my room.

It’s my room.

Put on a happy face, Corbeau. Be happy, and others will grow more joyous with thee.

“Keshi!” he said in a cheerful voice. “Glad to see you here. Do you have information? Related to The Inquisitor, The Wrongdoer?”

31 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Itsuki turned towards the figure, with hair black as midnight, a personality so dismal, so conflicted. Yet something gave her purpose. Purpose to continue.

Itsuki felt almost jealous. He hadn’t had purpose since she left.

“No, friend,” Itsuki replied. “I…I am new here. Only been here a couple of months. This place…I didn’t know it existed until the flames took it for themselves. But…it was just destroyed. It feels so wrong. I do not understand…. I met some people yesterday, two days ago, I do not know, some time ago. We started to try and find out the truth of this place. But that lasted two, three hours. Somebody new started to take over, a detective, I think, and he seems so…devoted. So much for than the rest of us did. And he scared all of us, I think, me at the least. Devotion should not be a bad thing, I know not why I see it as such. But to me, he seems too committed. He wants to find the culprit the most. The rest of us….” Itsuki left the thought hanging there, realizing he had talked for too long.

As the man rambled on, Chloris knew exactly how he felt. She had been there, many years ago. Growing up in the streets, you come to know that devotion can be poisonous. That poison had took her father from her, and had taken her childhood with it. And yet…devotion, commitment, loyalty...oaths

Val, you’re spiraling. Snap out of it. Minthe said in her head.

Shaking her head, she focused on the task at hand. “What’s your name?” Chloris asked the man. “You can call me Chlo. It looks like you need someone to talk to. You want to grab something to drink?” On second thought, it was too early for alcohol. “Or at least something to eat? I have enough cash for the both of us.”

You do not have enough for the both of you. You don’t even have a proper job right now. You need to care for yourself, not talk to some random stranger about their problems. For some reason, emotions heated up in Choris’ chest at Minthe’s words. Maybe I need a friend to talk to right now, she sent to Minthe.

Well, you have me, don’t you? Am I not enough for you? I protect you, I help you cope. I thought you liked me. Minthe’s words stung, but she had a point. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, Chlo replied.

It’s okay. I forgive you.

26 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

As the man rambled on, Chloris knew exactly how he felt. She had been there, many years ago. Growing up in the streets, you come to know that devotion can be poisonous. That poison had took her father from her, and had taken her childhood with it. And yet…devotion, commitment, loyalty...oaths

Val, you’re spiraling. Snap out of it. Minthe said in her head.

Shaking her head, she focused on the task at hand. “What’s your name?” Chloris asked the man. “You can call me Chlo. It looks like you need someone to talk to. You want to grab something to drink?” On second thought, it was too early for alcohol. “Or at least something to eat? I have enough cash for the both of us.”

You do not have enough for the both of you. You don’t even have a proper job right now. You need to care for yourself, not talk to some random stranger about their problems. For some reason, emotions heated up in Choris’ chest at Minthe’s words. Maybe I need a friend to talk to right now, she sent to Minthe.

Well, you have me, don’t you? Am I not enough for you? I protect you, I help you cope. I thought you liked me. Minthe’s words stung, but she had a point. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, Chlo replied.

It’s okay. I forgive you.

“My name is Itsuki. Kimura Itsuki. And yes, a drink would be very nice.” To drown my sorrows in beer, well, wouldn’t that be the best thing of all?

But…don’t drink too much. Don’t be a drunkard again.

But just a glass or two, I could have that much.

Who is this person, anyway? Why is she helping me? Perhaps I should just be grateful and not ask too many questions.

10 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“My name is Itsuki. Kimura Itsuki. And yes, a drink would be very nice.” To drown my sorrows in beer, well, wouldn’t that be the best thing of all?

But…don’t drink too much. Don’t be a drunkard again.

But just a glass or two, I could have that much.

Who is this person, anyway? Why is she helping me? Perhaps I should just be grateful and not ask too many questions.

“Let’s be off then.”

Chloris Valekev, The Mistwarrens, Bendalloy Bar

Chloris arrived at the Bendalloy Bar. It looked to be a nice establishment, and a new one. It felt, out of place. Given time though, it will blend right in. Customers seemed to be low, but there was a group of people bickering at a nearby table. 

Chloris took a seat near the window facing the door. Force of habit. She took off her jacket, wearing a dark green sleeveless shirt underneath, with a view of a few scars on her upper arms. There was a time when she had been able to heal those immediately. But that was a long time ago.

”Take a seat,” she said to Itsuki. “I’ll go get us a drink and something to eat. What would you like?”

@Stormlightsong, @Lunamor, @Brik_head (just pinging ya to let you know we’re in the same building, not that I’m interacting with you at this moment)

Edited by Koloss17

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

“Let’s be off then.”

Chloris Valekev, The Mistwarrens, Bendalloy Bar

Chloris arrived at the Bendalloy Bar. It looked to be a nice establishment, and a new one. It felt, out of place. Given time though, it will blend right in. Customers seemed to be low, but there was a group of people bickering at a nearby table. 

Chloris took a seat near the window facing the door. Force of habit. She took off her jacket, wearing a dark green sleeveless shirt underneath, with a view of a few scars on her upper arms. There was a time when she had been able to heal those immediately. But that was a long time ago.

”Take a seat,” she said to Itsuki. “I’ll go get us a drink and something to eat. What would you like?”

@Stormlightsong, @Lunamor, @Brik_head (just pinging ya to let you know we’re in the same building, not that I’m interacting with you at this moment)

“Some beer, please. Strong. I do not know the types. And if they have any roasted cremlings, those would be very good.” So nice of her to do this. But I can’t help but wonder…does she have an ulterior motive? Is she using me?

Itsuki thought he saw a face that looked familiar at a nearby table, but he forced himself not to look. He had seen Vinette’s face everywhere in the year following her departure. Best not to be distracted by such things.

4 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Some beer, please. Strong. I do not know the types. And if they have any roasted cremlings, those would be very good.” So nice of her to do this. But I can’t help but wonder…does she have an ulterior motive? Is she using me?

Itsuki thought he saw a face that looked familiar at a nearby table, but he forced himself not to look. He had seen Vinette’s face everywhere in the year following her departure. Best not to be distracted by such things.

This guy didn’t look like one that needed a strong drink, but she didn’t know his story. Chloris walked up to the bartender. He was tall and well dressed, surprisingly so for a place like this. She supposed it didn’t hurt to look a bit more expensive than you actually were. 

“I’d like a beer and some roasted cremlings, if you have them.” The man looked her over. “Rosharan, eh? Well, you’re in luck.” He poured a beer and wrote down Cremling Kebab. “Anything else?”

Chloris was hungry, but more than anything else, she was parched. “I’d like two glasses of water, and…” she looked at the minimal selection of food. “And some eggs, please.”

With a drink in each hand, and one wedged in her elbow, she returned to the table. “So. What’s your story? Looks like there’s something keeping you in this part of the city,” she said, passing the beer to Itsuki. “I suspect few come here without good reason to.”

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

This guy didn’t look like one that needed a strong drink, but she didn’t know his story. Chloris walked up to the bartender. He was tall and well dressed, surprisingly so for a place like this. She supposed it didn’t hurt to look a bit more expensive than you actually were. 

“I’d like a beer and some roasted cremlings, if you have them.” The man looked her over. “Rosharan, eh? Well, you’re in luck.” He poured a beer and wrote down Cremling Kebab. “Anything else?”

Chloris was hungry, but more than anything else, she was parched. “I’d like two glasses of water, and…” she looked at the minimal selection of food. “And some eggs, please.”

With a drink in each hand, and one wedged in her elbow, she returned to the table. “So. What’s your story? Looks like there’s something keeping you in this part of the city,” she said, passing the beer to Itsuki. “I suspect few come here without good reason to.”

She’s certainly interested in my life. Why? What does she want? “Not…not really, which is the strange thing. I don’t have any good reason for being here. I live in a nicer area, I don’t even like it here. And yet I keep returning….

“My story is short and quite boring. I met a girl, we fell in love, she left me, I came here. The end. Not quite a good reason for being so melancholy, eh?” Am I too suspicious of her?

34 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

She’s certainly interested in my life. Why? What does she want? “Not…not really, which is the strange thing. I don’t have any good reason for being here. I live in a nicer area, I don’t even like it here. And yet I keep returning….

“My story is short and quite boring. I met a girl, we fell in love, she left me, I came here. The end. Not quite a good reason for being so melancholy, eh?” Am I too suspicious of her?

“Hey, sometimes a place just speaks to you. This place,” Chlo gestured at the window, “reminds me of home. In an odd way, as Scadrians used to be seen as my enemies.” It was nice to talk to someone who nobody else seemed to care about. Their story had value. And it’s not giving you any Chrysts to afford a room for tomorrow, Minthe interjected. She was right.

Looking down, she saw that she had already finished her first glass of water. She moved onto the second glass. “Say, do you happen to know of any jobs in the area? I’m trained in a wide variety of things, from technology to police work .”

She should be embarrassed that she was now homeless and jobless. She used to have it good, with a roof under her head, a meal in her stomach, and friends to talk to. Minthe keeps nagging her about that. She supposed it’s Minthe’s way of looking out for her. But living on the streets was not new to her. She had done it most of her childhood, and a good few months off-world. Her life was like a pendulum, in that way. Swinging from stability to table scraps. Chloris chuckled to herself, realizing how much like her ancestors she was.

Looking up, she realized that she had been only half listening to Itsuki’s response.

On 1/29/2024 at 9:40 PM, Koloss17 said:

“Hey, sometimes a place just speaks to you. This place,” Chlo gestured at the window, “reminds me of home. In an odd way, as Scadrians used to be seen as my enemies.” It was nice to talk to someone who nobody else seemed to care about. Their story had value. And it’s not giving you any Chrysts to afford a room for tomorrow, Minthe interjected. She was right.

Looking down, she saw that she had already finished her first glass of water. She moved onto the second glass. “Say, do you happen to know of any jobs in the area? I’m trained in a wide variety of things, from technology to police work .”

She should be embarrassed that she was now homeless and jobless. She used to have it good, with a roof under her head, a meal in her stomach, and friends to talk to. Minthe keeps nagging her about that. She supposed it’s Minthe’s way of looking out for her. But living on the streets was not new to her. She had done it most of her childhood, and a good few months off-world. Her life was like a pendulum, in that way. Swinging from stability to table scraps. Chloris chuckled to herself, realizing how much like her ancestors she was.

Looking up, she realized that she had been only half listening to Itsuki’s response.

“I do, actually!” It’s nice being able to help someone. I haven’t helped anybody in…a while. It feels good. “I work at a Terris restaurant, Shades of the Tongue, and there’s an opening for wait staff. It’s relatively fancy, much more than this place, but it’s not a bad job. I can put in a good word for you with the manager if you’d like.” If she doesn’t have a job…how is she paying for this? Itsuki sipped his beer.

Edited by Ravenclawjedi42

Arranis, The Sphere, New Urithiru

Arranis had awoken with a start that morning, something was telling him; well his instincts were at least telling him something was happening. He had come to rely on these instincts through his somewhat extended lifespan, they had helped him in many occasions on his travels.

Drinking some of the investiture that he had misted in the air. It filled him up, easing his muscles, and invigorating him. He looked beside him at Astryn. 'Can you feel it?" he asks her. Her voice whispers to him, sounding as if it had come from the wind, "Yes, Something big can be felt on the winds." Lashing himself slightly off the ground, his feet floating inches above, he heads out of his apartment like complex and out into the wide halls of new Urithiru. 

New Urithiru was much like the old one, minus the fact that this one was not alive. The walls were made out of stone, but did have inbuilt lighting in the form of gem lines through the rock. The passageways were filled with people that had come in from Roshar, and people just looking at what it was like to live on Roshar. But he also thought that new Urithiru although very similar was nothing like the fresh air, and the high intensity storms that take over Roshar. He sighed at the thought of it, and riding the storms around the planet.

However today Arranis was looking for a something to provide him with information from across the alleyverse... a newspaper. His spren zipped back to him, pointing to one of the side streets were the pages of newspapers could be seen on the stands. He floats over pushing people aside gently. 

The owner looks up from his stand counting his money, and notices Arranis, but seeing the stormlight, looks away. 

Arranis looked over the selection of newspapers reaching from the lowest places in the Scadrian quarter, to the opulence of new Hallendren. He glances over some, his eyes constantly riveting back to one of the Mist warren newspapers. He grabbed it and casually dropped an emerald broam to the owner, who jaw dropped at the wealth that had just been casually dropped. 

As he floats out to the main stream of people, looking down at the newspaper, he feels and impact in his side, and he gets shoved to the side, and the pages of his newspaper fly in a small explosion. "Storm the people that don't look where they are going", he mutters, "and storm the people that decided that newspapers don't have any binding." 

@RoyalBeeMage

Edited by Scars of Hathsin