Era 7 Episode 2

Koloss17

On 12/27/2023 at 5:31 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau continues to smile. “Intelligence. A good trait. But I must know, friend, if I can trust you. For you see friend, I am trying to track down the criminals at the inn that night, especially The Inquisitor. If you know anything about them…anything at all…I would like very much to listen. But ultimately, there are to sides and it will be so much simpler to pick one. Do you aid those guilty of breaking laws? Or do you help bring them to justice?” I hope he doesn’t press me about finding this place. It will help my reputation not to share that.

Sonyr sighed. “Can’t say I’m proud of the things I’ve done, that’s for sure. But, you need to tell me: how did you find this place? It’s called the hidden library for a reason. Only 3 others know.”

15 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr sighed. “Can’t say I’m proud of the things I’ve done, that’s for sure. But, you need to tell me: how did you find this place? It’s called the hidden library for a reason. Only 3 others know.”

Corbeau keeps smiling. “With the right connections, it is not too difficult to find such a place.” That’s not a lie! Not a lie!

14 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr lifts an eyebrow. “Why so dodgy? I would’ve thought they told you that I always ask”

“That’s fair, I guess.” Still not his business. He should be staying out of the affairs of his…customers? Not customers, this is a library. What to call people like me, though? Regardless, I perhaps should wait longer until pressing him on his stance. “Do you have any books on,” his voice dropped to a whisper, “Hemalurgy?”

10 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“That’s fair, I guess.” Still not his business. He should be staying out of the affairs of his…customers? Not customers, this is a library. What to call people like me, though? Regardless, I perhaps should wait longer until pressing him on his stance. “Do you have any books on,” his voice dropped to a whisper, “Hemalurgy?”

Sonyr starts laughing. First, he just cracks a little smile, then he giggles, then manages a stifled laugh before he falls over because he is laughing so hard. After about 3 minutes of this, he gets up, composes himself, and stares Corbeau in the eyes. "What, you think this isnt hidden for a reason? Of COURSE I do!" then he falls over into yet another laughing fit.

21 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr starts laughing. First, he just cracks a little smile, then he giggles, then manages a stifled laugh before he falls over because he is laughing so hard. After about 3 minutes of this, he gets up, composes himself, and stares Corbeau in the eyes. "What, you think this isnt hidden for a reason? Of COURSE I do!" then he falls over into yet another laughing fit.

Corbeau backs away slightly. Is this man sane? What should I do? I never liked being with people…like this. Even though near all in the Final Empire were. “And…where would I find said books?”

15 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau backs away slightly. Is this man sane? What should I do? I never liked being with people…like this. Even though near all in the Final Empire were. “And…where would I find said books?”

Sonyr smiles some more. this is gonna be wayyyyy too fun... "follow me" and he walks off, not waiting to see if his person followed or not.

7 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr smiles some more. this is gonna be wayyyyy too fun... "follow me" and he walks off, not waiting to see if his person followed or not.

I guess I should follow then. It would be simpler if he had just told me. Corbeau hurriedly follows Sonyr down, reading some book titles on either side of him. It all seemed so interesting…apparently there were more worlds than just in the Cosmere, such as Earth or…

Corbeau didn’t even know what any others were called. He would have to find out. Later. When all this finished.

8 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr led him down hall way after hallway, finally stopping in front of a door. "you sure you wanna do this?" he asks.

“I must learn. I must find the truth. I can use this to catch the others. The others must fall to me. They must.

“You seem to be trying to stay neutral in this conflict. But I urge you, please, join me. Help me bring to justice those who deserve to be brought to justice. For I am not strong enough alone.”

Just now, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“I must learn. I must find the truth. I can use this to catch the others. The others must fall to me. They must.

“You seem to be trying to stay neutral in this conflict. But I urge you, please, join me. Help me bring to justice those who deserve to be brought to justice. For I am not strong enough alone.”

Sonyr unlocks the door and chuckles. "Nice speech, but im not dumb. if you can find what will motivate me, ill join you. but right now? im rather content in my library."

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr unlocks the door and chuckles. "Nice speech, but im not dumb. if you can find what will motivate me, ill join you. but right now? im rather content in my library."

Rather content. Not perfect. Still hope of getting him to bend. What motivates this man? “And what if they came here? What if they came here and burned your books, killed you, destroyed all the knowledge that you keep. This is what would happen if you don’t do something about it. You must try to stop them. You must.” Lord Ruler, I wish I knew his name. So much easier to reach someone’s emotions that way.

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Rather content. Not perfect. Still hope of getting him to bend. What motivates this man? “And what if they came here? What if they came here and burned your books, killed you, destroyed all the knowledge that you keep. This is what would happen if you don’t do something about it. You must try to stop them. You must.” Lord Ruler, I wish I knew his name. So much easier to reach someone’s emotions that way.

Sonyr stopped compounding his bronze for a moment, his eyes growing tired. “Why are you trying so hard, constable. I live a simple life. I never got your name, by the way.” Sonyr went back to his bronze as he opened the door. Why won’t this guy leave me alone. It’s a tenet of the underground.

42 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr stopped compounding his bronze for a moment, his eyes growing tired. “Why are you trying so hard, constable. I live a simple life. I never got your name, by the way.” Sonyr went back to his bronze as he opened the door. Why won’t this guy leave me alone. It’s a tenet of the underground.

“My name is High Prelan Chefson Corbeau, friend.” If they haven’t stripped that title off of me yet. Lord Ruler, I haven’t been back home in so long…I wonder how I am thought of. “And I try so hard to bring you to my side because I need every single person I can get on my side so that I may defend Alleycity. I need as many as possible. And the only way for people to join you is to try hard. Always try hard.”

14 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“My name is High Prelan Chefson Corbeau, friend.” If they haven’t stripped that title off of me yet. Lord Ruler, I haven’t been back home in so long…I wonder how I am thought of. “And I try so hard to bring you to my side because I need every single person I can get on my side so that I may defend Alleycity. I need as many as possible. And the only way for people to join you is to try hard. Always try hard.”

Sonyr thought for a moment. "You should kill me then. Im a Compounder: one with both a ferring and an allomantic ability." he shrugs. "but then you wouldnt get your stuff, sooo yeah..."

5 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr thought for a moment. "You should kill me then. Im a Compounder: one with both a ferring and an allomantic ability." he shrugs. "but then you wouldnt get your stuff, sooo yeah..."

Corbeau frowns. “Why on Scadrial should I kill you? I detest needless killing.” Okay, so maybe “detest” was a strong word for how I feel…but it wasn’t technically a lie.

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau frowns. “Why on Scadrial should I kill you? I detest needless killing.” Okay, so maybe “detest” was a strong word for how I feel…but it wasn’t technically a lie.

"did you not kill people like me?" Man, this guy is dense.

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"did you not kill people like me?" Man, this guy is dense.

“Do you think I enjoyed it? The Lord Ruler may have been God—whatever anyone says—but that did not mean that he was faultless as many of the other Obligators claimed. I, for one, believe that one should never waste a resource that can be put to use.”

22 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Do you think I enjoyed it? The Lord Ruler may have been God—whatever anyone says—but that did not mean that he was faultless as many of the other Obligators claimed. I, for one, believe that one should never waste a resource that can be put to use.”

Sonyr pulls out a large book. It read I am, unfortunately, The Hero of Ages. "Here"

10 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr pulls out a large book. It read I am, unfortunately, The Hero of Ages. "Here"

“The Hero of Ages…that sounds familiar.” As he stands there, a realization comes to him. The Lord Ruler…one old book I read claimed that The Lord Ruler was the Hero of Ages! Is this book…by him?

4 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“The Hero of Ages…that sounds familiar.” As he stands there, a realization comes to him. The Lord Ruler…one old book I read claimed that The Lord Ruler was the Hero of Ages! Is this book…by him?

Sonyr paused. "Have you ever heard of a terrisman by the name of Sazed?"

8 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr paused. "Have you ever heard of a terrisman by the name of Sazed?"

Corbeau shook his head. Sazed. Weird name. Although I suppose it’s a Terris name, and the Terris are a weird people. A Terrisman achieving fame…that’s certainly rare. 

On 1/4/2024 at 7:11 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau shook his head. Sazed. Weird name. Although I suppose it’s a Terris name, and the Terris are a weird people. A Terrisman achieving fame…that’s certainly rare. 

Sonyr smiles. "Then this book will be a revelation. My name is sonyr, and welcome to my good graces."

8 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sonyr smiles. "Then this book will be a revelation. My name is sonyr, and welcome to my good graces."

Corbeau opened the book and began to read the first page. “‘I am, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages. Holding the power did strange things to my mind. In just a few moments, I became familiar with the power itself, with it’s history, and with the ways it might be used.’ But what is the power? Ruin? Preservation? Something else?” Corbeau closed the book and turned to Sonyr. “This book, it is a biography? Of the Hero of Ages…of the Lord Ruler? Or of the Sazed you mentioned? I used to think that the Sliver of Immortality was Terris…could He be your Sazed?

“This book interests me greatly, I will definitely read this. But do you have anything more exclusively about Hemalurgy?”

23 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Corbeau opened the book and began to read the first page. “‘I am, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages. Holding the power did strange things to my mind. In just a few moments, I became familiar with the power itself, with it’s history, and with the ways it might be used.’ But what is the power? Ruin? Preservation? Something else?” Corbeau closed the book and turned to Sonyr. “This book, it is a biography? Of the Hero of Ages…of the Lord Ruler? Or of the Sazed you mentioned? I used to think that the Sliver of Immortality was Terris…could He be your Sazed?

“This book interests me greatly, I will definitely read this. But do you have anything more exclusively about Hemalurgy?”

"look further" Sonyr waves at the book. "it has some interesting points on hemalurgy. my library is always open to those coming for forbidden knowledge."