Break Tank 4: Last Night, Rain Mingled With Mist

Kasimir

14 minutes ago, JNV said:

whatever the category was meant to be instead they got a rando from the other two categories

I'll specifically clarify this one because I think it's confusing people more while Drake is working on a more elegant set of clarifications. The issue isn't so much who we show you - it's what category we mark you as having 'seen' on that particular Night, which affects the overall set of people you receive.

By right, Watchman normally ends up with <Villager, Darkfriend, Forsaken> by Night 2.

If poisoned or drunk on any one night, this could result in a set containing, say two Villagers and a Darkfriend.

Greetings and please enjoy another complimentary CLARIFICATION, we are passing them out like free peanuts around here, or like those cheap earpods they used to hand out on airlines but don't anymore. Please take this opportunity to luxuriate in all of the deep and profound clarity that follows in the wake of each and every one of these clarifications.

If you have an informational ability and something untoward happens to your result (Pattern Decay, Intoxication, Cosmic Rays Hitting Your Computer In Just The Wrong Way, Pathological Wave Function Collapse Temporarily Causing Reality As We Know It To Go Out To Lunch, Stilts, and many similar such reality-bending oddities) then as previously stated it will then be FALSE.

Sometimes, there are multiple possible ways for a result to be false.

In such cases, we will decide which false answer to give via RNG.

Also, if multiple things cause a result to be false, then it is still false.

I know this clarification isn't very specific, but it describes our general approach to all informational abilities in this game.

If you don't understand the particulars of how it applies to your own role, please feel free to ask about that in your GM PM.

Edit: 2/3 isn't comfortable for an exe D1, but Raveness can only be evil with Mat unless Mat was poisoned I think 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'll specifically clarify this one because I think it's confusing people more while Drake is working on a more elegant set of clarifications. The issue isn't so much who we show you - it's what category we mark you as having 'seen' on that particular Night, which affects the overall set of people you receive.

By right, Watchman normally ends up with <Villager, Darkfriend, Forsaken> by Night 2.

If poisoned or drunk on any one night, this could result in a set containing, say two Villagers and a Darkfriend.

Specifically, say Raveness was supposed to see a Darkfriend. Is it then 50% chance of seeing the Forsaken, 50% villager, or does it skew village?

Raveness could also be lying and I'm not sure how we could tell. Not certain enough to be comfortable exing Aeoryi D1.

15 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So that means if you were due a village slot, Aeoryi is Forsaken or Darkfriend. If you were due a Darkfriend, she's Forsaken or villager. If due Forsaken, villager or Darkfriend. I think that still means there's a 2/3 chance she's evil? Unless villager is weighted higher since there's more of us.

I think that's right. Idk if the village wants to take the shot yet. But I'll share what I get every cycle in here.

17 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So that means if you were due a village slot, Aeoryi is Forsaken or Darkfriend. If you were due a Darkfriend, she's Forsaken or villager. If due Forsaken, villager or Darkfriend. I think that still means there's a 2/3 chance she's evil? Unless villager is weighted higher since there's more of us.

Someone explain how this works my brain is melting

Also, I am a gossip if that helps wh do I scan

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

Nifty. And as Mat said, I'll be asking today or next Day. Trying to decide if I want to intentionally be poisoned to guarantee results accuracy. 

I could help with that 😛 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

I don't have no time for that

If you have time to post you have time to read the rules, don’t be rude to the people running the game by not doing them the service of attempting to know what you’re doing :P.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Specifically, say Raveness was supposed to see a Darkfriend. Is it then 50% chance of seeing the Forsaken, 50% villager, or does it skew village?

The question assumes when drunk, we select for what Wiz was supposed to see first in terms of category. Let's just say the category doesn't come first in the RNG process when drunk.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Destined said:

I could help with that 😛 

If you have time to post you have time to read the rules, don’t be rude to the people running the game by not doing them the service of attempting to know what you’re doing :P.

Look look look I am the village gossip okay look

Also, I just am struggling to understand how the mechanics and roles are playing in this game like why have I been scanned Elim d1 of all freaking things and why is it like 66% chance like how 

Just now, Ookla the Raveness said:

Are you evil? Cuz my scan says you have a high chance of being evil :ph34r:

Who was the other person? (And how does it work again? Is it 3 random people and a v/e/f in them?9

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

I don't have no time for that

Youve spent longer asking questions that are answered in the rules than the time youd spend reading the rules here let me show you the message of the sacred quokka again

Spoiler

f6a5199207664405ab662010e0d49aba.thumb.jpeg.3477b3990611cac1a6fa8f1382f0ff66.jpeg

Just now, Ookla the Resolute said:

Who was the other person? (And how does it work again? Is it 3 random people and a v/e/f in them?9

One person and in three cycles youre meant to get one from V one from evil one Forsaken but they were poisoned so yeah anyway by the sounds of it Wiziard got a random person but theyll count for the wrong category so not as helpful as we wanted I guess

Edited by JNV

Just now, Ookla the Resolute said:

Also, I just am struggling to understand how the mechanics and roles are playing in this game like why have I been scanned Elim d1 of all freaking things and why is it like 66% chance like how 

No I just get one person each night. And one night the person is a villager, another a darkfriend, and another the Forsaken. But the scan was tainted so idk the possibility of you being evil, but anyways if you're the dragon reborn, you should claim it so we can kill you and win :P

Just now, JNV said:

Youve spent longer asking questions that are answered in the rules than the time youd spend reading the rules here let me show you the message of the sacred quokka again

Reveal hidden contents

f6a5199207664405ab662010e0d49aba.thumb.jpeg.3477b3990611cac1a6fa8f1382f0ff66.jpeg

ALL HAIL THE SACRED QUOKKA!!! :D

Just now, Ookla the Raveness said:

No I just get one person each night. And one night the person is a villager, another a darkfriend, and another the Forsaken. But the scan was tainted so idk the possibility of you being evil, but anyways if you're the dragon reborn, you should claim it so we can kill you and win :P

ALL HAIL THE SACRED QUOKKA!!! :D

I'm the gossip so unfortunately not the false dragon who hasn't claimed yet?

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

The question assumes when drunk, we select for what Wiz was supposed to see first in terms of category. Let's just say the category doesn't come first in the RNG process when drunk.

Now I'm confused. You can't have chosen three people at the start if drunk can make watchman see two villagers. Do you roll a random person, excluding people from categories watchman has already seen? That would say nothing about Aeoryi’s alignment. 

22 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

If you don't understand the particulars of how it applies to your own role, please feel free to ask about that in your GM PM.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Also @Kasimir if I get drunk or whatever how does that affect the GM facts? Is one true and one false because the false changes to true, and the true changes to false?

I only chose to intervene publicly in the Watchman discussion because A. it's a fairly complex role in terms of interactions with drunkenness/poisoning, and B. it's clear the Village was choking on the crunch this Turn and that's not the point of this BT. Drake and I are not planning to spell everything out, but we definitely want to get you past the crunch hump so you are all not derailed by it.

Edited to add:

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Now I'm confused. You can't have chosen three people at the start if drunk can make watchman see two villagers. Do you roll a random person, excluding people from categories watchman has already seen? That would say nothing about Aeoryi’s alignment. 

This is a bit too heavy into the details of Watchman mech - we'd prefer this goes back to the own role policy.

Edited by Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

I’m trying really hard not to read this as an indirect e claim or at least e frustration

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It would be weird if it was the random thing since that would mean the Watchman knows the first person is probably the villager while the latter two are probably evil. Looks like we're relying solely on Raveness to tell us how it works. 

My guess is that for a non drunk Watchman they roll for V/D/F and then roll for a person in that group. Then the next turn they repeat without rolling for whatever alignment was already used. If they get drunk, the order is switched, where they roll a random player and then roll a random alignment (out of the ones they’re not, probably)

It's very confusing how it works but I think I've got it. And being poisoned/drunk doesn't help at all >.<

Cuz say she's village, then they roll from Darkfriend or Forsaken as the false info. And if it happens to land on Darkfriend, then I can only get a Villager or the Forsaken in the next two rounds.

Edit: so basically my pool is rather screwed up now :P

As I will never know what Aeo was supposed to be or what she was falsely rolled as.

Edited by Ookla the Raveness

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

It's very confusing how it works but I think I've got it. And being poisoned/drunk doesn't help at all >.<

Cuz say she's village, then they roll from Darkfriend or Forsaken as the false info. And if it happens to land on Darkfriend, then I can only get a Villager or the Forsaken in the next two rounds.

Does that mean it started out by rolling Aeoryi randomly out of all players?

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Destined said:

My guess is that for a non drunk Watchman they roll for V/D/F and then roll for a person in that group. Then the next turn they repeat without rolling for whatever alignment was already used. If they get drunk, the order is switched, where they roll a random player and then roll a random alignment (out of the ones they’re not, probably)

Yup this explains it perfectly! ^_^

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Does that mean it started out by rolling Aeoryi randomly out of all players?

Yes, and then randomly rolling one of the two allignments that she is NOT. But then the false allignment that she is rolled as is used up. So she could be darkfriend, rolled village as false, thus I will never get a villager in my pool of people unless I'm drunk or poisoned again.

Sure

But you also have to be okay with being e read. In this case, it isn't even a scan, Wiz just got your name. The only thing he knows is that you're either a Villager, Darkfriend, or Forsaken, which... we already knew? xD Actually @Wiz I'm only now realizing that you were just straight up wrong in your maths about Aeo. By your logic, every single player has a 2/3 chance at being evil :P. I think that's a more villagery slip than an elim one though.

But anyway, being e read is a (large) part of this game, and this game in particular, where many scans and many false scans and the like will be flying around. So you're just gonna have to accept that /shrug

21 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So we have claims from everyone except @JNV and @Haelbarde. Anything useful for you two?

Hael I don't think has seen the thread but JNV definitely posted without claiming which is mildly interesting