Craziest Theories

Sir Squeekins

Ok, are you ready?

Pattern is evil. (I don't know if anyone has already made this theory, but here I go)

From the beginning, I always felt something strange around Pattern, and during a discussion with a friend about Shallan´s oaths has sworn so far, I realized something.

All of Shalan's truths, or at least the ones that Pattern accepts, are those that imply that she is evil or a bad person.
As:
"I killed my father" However, her father was a very dangerous person.
"I killed my mother" but it was an accident
"I killed testament" However, she didn't know what she was doing.

Kill, kill, kill.

Of course, this alone isn't much, as it can only be because those are the most important moments in Shallan's life, but this line of thought piqued my curiosity and I began rereading all of Patron's interactions with Shallan, and I discovered that at the beginning everything Pattern was saying things like "You will kill me, like the other one" or emphasizing that this is what Shallan is like.

There is also something we must remember: in the world we are told that cryptids are considered evil or dangerous. We generally think this is nonsense because we know Pattern, who could he hurt? However, I can remember a question about how there have been some Dangerous Cryptics before https://wob.coppermind.net/events/498/#e15652 
(That said, there have been some very intelligent and very dangerous Cryptics in the past, and spren have long memories. So the reputation is not entirely undeserved)

There's also that Pattern has been close to Shalan (even when she killed her mother), even though Testament was the spren she had at the time https://wob.coppermind.net/events/221/#e7874 

16 hours ago, Ianastor01 said:

Ok, are you ready?

Pattern is evil. (I don't know if anyone has already made this theory, but here I go)

From the beginning, I always felt something strange around Pattern, and during a discussion with a friend about Shallan´s oaths has sworn so far, I realized something.

All of Shalan's truths, or at least the ones that Pattern accepts, are those that imply that she is evil or a bad person.
As:
"I killed my father" However, her father was a very dangerous person.
"I killed my mother" but it was an accident
"I killed testament" However, she didn't know what she was doing.

Kill, kill, kill.

Of course, this alone isn't much, as it can only be because those are the most important moments in Shallan's life, but this line of thought piqued my curiosity and I began rereading all of Patron's interactions with Shallan, and I discovered that at the beginning everything Pattern was saying things like "You will kill me, like the other one" or emphasizing that this is what Shallan is like.

There is also something we must remember: in the world we are told that cryptids are considered evil or dangerous. We generally think this is nonsense because we know Pattern, who could he hurt? However, I can remember a question about how there have been some Dangerous Cryptics before https://wob.coppermind.net/events/498/#e15652 
(That said, there have been some very intelligent and very dangerous Cryptics in the past, and spren have long memories. So the reputation is not entirely undeserved)

Interesting. There were plenty of hints in RoW that Pattern was the Ghostblood's secret agent and he has been talking to Hoid behind Shallan's back. I'm not sure if I'd say evil, but I wouldn't discount a hidden agenda. Pattern was selected by committee to go and be the spren bonded to a young girl who had already broken oaths. Either Pattern was very important and influential within the Cryptics to be so chosen for such an important role, or Pattern was expendable and a necessary stepping stone for growth as he himself describes. Either case implies a greater agenda among the Cryptics, but I'm not sure what that agenda would be. The Cryptics seem to be one of the earliest groups of True Spren to choose to reform their Order of Radiants and as far as we know in opposition to Odium's forces. Syl and Ivory were rogue elements among the Honorspren and Inkspren respectively and not representative of the wishes of their peoples. 

With Pattern behavior around Shallan's Truths, it's worth noting that there are very clear moments when Pattern tries to talk to Shallan about the lies she is clinging to and Shallan totally shuts him out and possibly edits her memory in the process. Shallan is a very unreliable narrator and it's hard to say if Pattern was trying to be helpful or not... because we almost never hear what he said. 

16 hours ago, Ianastor01 said:

There's also that Pattern has been close to Shalan (even when she killed her mother), even though Testament was the spren she had at the time https://wob.coppermind.net/events/221/#e7874 

I read that WoB and it depends on how much wiggle room Brandon gave himself there. That WoB was given at the Words of Radiance release and Brandon was very sneaky and misleading with anything to do with Shallan and her spren. Remember when we saw a group of Cryptics all introduce themselves as Pattern? Testament is a relatively new name given to Shallan's former spren. If you had asked that spren at the start what their name was? They would probably say Pattern. It could be as you say and the usual Pattern was there as well, but I could also see this one just being Brandon trying to be super misleading and obfuscating the existence of Testament. I'm not even going to say that the apparent gender distinction between Pattern and Testament was Brandon lying as I'm not sure if Testament as female was decided 6 years before RoW.

Super Awesome Danger will be the first and only Sanderson adaption to screen that we get because no studio with the money to do it well would do it well. 
Should my theory that Sho Del are evolved axolotl's count? Because I actually think this. 

• 4 weeks later...

New Theory:

Chanarach stole Taln's Honorblade. I don't know how returns actually work for Heralds, but it's logical that they would return relatively in the same geographical area. It's pretty well established (at least here) that Chana is the one who returned to Braize and broke, as we know Taln didn't break. So, she returns, but doesn't have an Honorblade..she's crazy afraid as she knows the fused are coming. Who would know better were some deadeye blades are stored in Kholinar than a herald? So, she runs off and gets one to swap out with Taln. As he has bursts of lucidity (and semi-lucidity) Taln may have simply handed his blade to Chana because she asked him for it. Then she gave him the replacement blade and she went into hiding..because of the insanity they all have and she's even more afraid of going back to Braize because she was just there..and she's been hiding somewhere with Taln's blade ever since (or is trying to make a deal with it or something like that).

Edited by JohnnyKaizen

On 10/17/2023 at 9:42 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Kaladin will get a ryshadium with wings in Stormlight five and name it Rainbowdash.

In Stormlight 6 it will be revealed that this is just Hoid in drag disguised as a horse.

Edited by Duxredux

• 2 weeks later...

Absurd theory?

In SA5, Kaladin encounters Moash and hits him with such supercharged lashings that Moash is launched into space...

Moash soars through the inter-planetary space in the direction of Scadrial...

Resulting in the first line of Mistborn era three : "Moash fell from the sky."

On 1/22/2024 at 7:21 PM, SomePog said:

Kaladin and Leshwi will be one of the first Human x Singer couples and their child, Tien, will be one of the main protags in stormlight 6-10

Me personally I love this theory, I really hope it happens 

On 3/22/2024 at 10:24 AM, JohnnyKaizen said:

Nah. Adolin lives, but ditches Shallan for Maya, and they make the first Human/Spren hybrid. They name her Evi.

One problem with that. for that to happen Adolin would have to be in Shadmar most of the time and, Is it even possiable for a human to mate with a spren???

1 hour ago, Knight of Eternal Books said:

One problem with that. for that to happen Adolin would have to be in Shadmar most of the time and, Is it even possiable for a human to mate with a spren???

Ishar is pioneering spren being in the CR form while in the PR (which is horrifying, but might paper over your first concern). And, if there is anyone in the Cosmere who can figure out human/spren procreation, it's Adolin Kholin.

All I see are possibilities. 

22 hours ago, JohnnyKaizen said:

Ishar is pioneering spren being in the CR form while in the PR (which is horrifying, but might paper over your first concern). And, if there is anyone in the Cosmere who can figure out human/spren procreation, it's Adolin Kholin.

All I see are possibilities. 

Defenitly an interesting theory

• 4 weeks later...

Hoid is really. . . 

Non-Cosmere Spoilers:

Spoiler

Perfect State

Spoiler

Hoid is really a Liveborn, and all of the Cosmere is his Wode-Sanderson crafted "Perfect State" where he has to play Pokemon with magic systems and collect them all. . . 

WoB:

Spoiler

Havoc (paraphrased)

I know that Perfect State is not part of the Cosmere, but if the Wode were to construct a 'Perfect State' for someone like Hoid, would that look like the cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

So a universe with him as the most important character... yes.

GollanczFest London (Oct. 17, 2015)

Edited by Treamayne
WoB

The Lord Ruler was once a beloved cartoon ogre, which explains his super strength before the Ascension. However, he used hemalurgy to change to a human when he Ascended, then formed Feruchemy and Allomancy to throw off the trail.

Spoiler

Shrek became Rashek