Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

She just shook her head slowly.

When you get involved, things just get worse.

Tears began to form in her eyes.

Jar Man teleports back, his hand dripping with his own blood, smears it across her head, gives her a wan smile, and goes after Tal again.

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison stepped over to her. “What just happened?”

“I just made things worse. Like always.”

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man teleports back, his hand dripping with his own blood, smears it across her head, gives her a wan smile, and goes after Tal again.

42 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison laid a hand on her arm. “You can’t blame  yourself for all of that.”

"Every. Time. Every time I try to help with my power, I make things worse. Every. Time." The tears began to cascade down her face.

@Cash67

36 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Yeah, ik, but she is pretty much chin-deep in shock and guilt to respond to physical stuff... unless someone activates PTSD or something but hey

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Her breathing became tight and restricted, and her arms flew to cover her head.

Addison stepped back. She’d done something very wrong. She didn’t know what, but it was her fault. She started walking away quickly. Then she started running. She sprinted through the clinic, not sure where she was going. 

Should she find Tal?

@Edema Rue

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison stepped back. She’d done something very wrong. She didn’t know what, but it was her fault. She started walking away quickly. Then she started running. She sprinted through the clinic, not sure where she was going. 

@Edema Rue

She waited for pain that didn't come. But she had been wrong before. It would, it would, it always would. Just like every other time.

Every other time her arm was grabbed. Every other time she'd been pulled. Every other time the belt had wrapped her arms. Every other time he got too angry.

She moved her arm and saw that Addison was gone. She went into a dark and shadowed corner, not in the cell, sat with her back to the walls, and sobbed.

@Cash67

Edited by Spark of Hope

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He lands in a white hot fire.

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

@Edema Rue

He can, Tal isn't exactly being subtle.

13 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Eventually, she hears sounds of…something. Something dangerous. If she went that way, she might be killed. So she went that way.

There were screams, and fire was everywhere.

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

For a moment, the fear spiked...then it completely disappeared. Tal grinned, and a small fire appeared in his palm. "Thank you, stranger," he said to Aventine. His voice was his, and yet it wasn't. It was too cruel. "It's been so long...mm..." Then he disappeared. 

Clinic, 8th floor:

Tal was walking through the corridor. Fire and screams followed him. His grin was wide and unnatural...and full of utter bliss.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Shock struck her eyes.

Fail.

If she hadn't already been on her knees, she would have fallen on them.

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man cuts into his arm and teleports away to Tal.

2 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Wh…where’d he go?”

@Cash67 @Spark of Hope

She just shook her head slowly.

When you get involved, things just get worse.

Tears began to form in her eyes.

2 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison stepped over to her. “What just happened?”

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

“I just made things worse. Like always.”

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Every. Time. Every time I try to help with my power, I make things worse. Every. Time." The tears began to cascade down her face.

@Cash67

Pic heard the screams, and they shook him to his very core. He let out a string of curses in a quick, descending melody summoning a sword hilt. He looped an intense beat, and stuck the loop onto the hilt of the sword, forming a blade. He then hummed a countermelody that was fast and furious, and that loop split in two and wrapped around his legs. 

He looks at Aventine, in shock and motionless, and his heart hurt for her. However, the screams of the people above snapped him back to reality. He takes Aventine's hand. 

“I’ll just be a measure,” he says with a smile and a squeeze. He then darts off way faster than should be possible. He finds stairs, runs up them, and comes across the 8th floor of the clinic. 

Clinic 8th Floor

Pic took in the sights and dove into the smoke. He began working his way through the hall, carrying people out to the stairwell. The smoke grew thicker, and caused him to cough. Anytime he stopped singing, any time a cough interrupted his song, he stumbled. Every stumble filled him with fear. Yet, he had to keep moving forward. 

@Edema Rue 

@Spark of Hope

I imagine that Pic gave her hand a squeeze, then he left, and then Addison and Ave had their thing. 

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic heard the screams, and they shook him to his very core. He let out a string of curses in a quick, descending melody summoning a sword hilt. He looped an intense beat, and stuck the loop onto the hilt of the sword, forming a blade. He then hummed a countermelody that was fast and furious, and that loop split in two and wrapped around his legs. 

He looks at Aventine, in shock and motionless, and his heart hurt for her. However, the screams of the people above snapped him back to reality. He takes Aventine's hand. 

“I’ll just be a measure,” he says with a smile and a squeeze. He then darts off way faster than should be possible. He finds stairs, runs up them, and comes across the 8th floor of the clinic. 

Clinic 8th Floor

Pic took in the sights and dove into the smoke. He began working his way through the hall, carrying people out to the stairwell. The smoke grew thicker, and caused him to cough. Anytime he stopped singing, any time a cough interrupted his song, he stumbled. Every stumble filled him with fear. Yet, he had to keep moving forward. 

@Edema Rue 

@Spark of Hope

👍

She was alone.

Whether that was good or bad, Aventine didn’t know. It simply was. Alone, apart from the echoes of her father’s voice in her head. Telling her just how powerless and worthless she was, unable to do anything to help anyone.

But the truly sad part was, she thought she agreed.

She sat alone, huddled in the corner with her face buried in her knees. Abandoned. With no one around who cared. Nothing new.

She was cold. It wasn’t just the room, although that was part of it. The floor and walls were cold, yes, but that cold was different. This cold was empty. It sought to encapsulate, to capture everything about her.

Inside of her, a war raged. About half of her wanted the empty cold to win. That would be so much easier. Then she would at least know she would be hurt. She wouldn’t have to go through this pain, this… this turmoil of emotion.

The other part, however, had no intention of just letting that happen. That held on to the warmth she felt around those she cared about… those she loved. Like Jar Man. Like Elan. Like Rue.

Like Pic.

At this point, she didn’t know which side she wanted to win. Because while the side that craved warmth was often the one that made her feel cold. The one that tried so badly to help, but only seemed to cause more pain.

Trevor and the crow hopped over sadly. Trevor made soft, kind sounds.

Aventine lifted her head from her knees. “Sometimes I wish I were heartless,” she told the birds. “That I didn’t feel. Maybe then I wouldn’t feel this ache whenever I care so much.”

56 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Clinic 8th Floor

@Edema Rue 

@Spark of Hope

In the center of a fire, Tal was kneeling, unmoving. Thick strands of light flowed into him. 

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

In the center of a fire, Tal was kneeling, unmoving. Thick strands of light flowed into him. 

where does the light seem to be coming from?

33 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

All around him, specifically the people.

32 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man held a glass shard, its sharp edges digging into his palm, and slams it into tal.

Tal throws up a hand and Jar Man is thrown back before he can strike.

8 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal throws up a hand and Jar Man is thrown back before he can strike.

Seeing this, Pic flies forward, humming his tune faster and faster sword raised. He takes a swing at Tal, attempting to dislodge him from the center. 

Aventine kept crying. There wasn’t much Trevor or the crow could do to help.

That didn’t mean another (part) bird couldn’t.

A girl visible to only her sat on the floor in front of her. Her airy golden hair went down to her shoulders. Her eyes were an incredible yellow.

Thinking it was another person, Aventine said, “I’m not in the mood to talk right now.”

”Fine,” the girl said. Her voice was identical, not only to Aventine’s, but to Sass’s, and what Tena’s had used to be. “Just listen then. I know you feel horrible right now, but you can still help.”

”Help? All that’ll do is make things worse.”

”No, no, no. Get out of your head. Sometimes, you are your own greatest enemy. You can still help. The people here need you.”

”This is my fault. I didn’t realize what would happen if I took away Tal’s fear…”

”That doesn’t mean you can’t help. You have a vial of metals. Get out there and ignore the voices in your head. They’re wrong about you, just like how mine used to be wrong about me.”

The blonde girl set a hand on Ave’s knee. “You can still do something to help. Keep moving. That’s the only way things are going to get better.”

“You heard a voice in your head too?”

”A few years ago, yes. But I eventually realized how wrong it was.”

Aventine pulled out her metal vial. “You’re another me, aren’t you?”

The girl smiled. “Call me Akarui,” she said as she faded.

Aventine looked at where she had been, then down at the vial. You are your own greatest enemy.

She stood up and swallowed the vial. She wiped her tears and made her way to the eighth floor.

23 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison continues walking towards the center. The smoke didn’t seem to bother her.

17 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Seeing this, Pic flies forward, humming his tune faster and faster sword raised. He takes a swing at Tal, attempting to dislodge him from the center. 

Tal ducked, and suddenly there was a ring of fire surrounding him. The floor creaked dangerously.

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine kept crying. There wasn’t much Trevor or the crow could do to help.

That didn’t mean another (part) bird couldn’t.

A girl visible to only her sat on the floor in front of her. Her airy golden hair went down to her shoulders. Her eyes were an incredible yellow.

Thinking it was another person, Aventine said, “I’m not in the mood to talk right now.”

”Fine,” the girl said. Her voice was identical, not only to Aventine’s, but to Sass’s, and what Tena’s had used to be. “Just listen then. I know you feel horrible right now, but you can still help.”

”Help? All that’ll do is make things worse.”

”No, no, no. Get out of your head. Sometimes, you are your own greatest enemy. You can still help. The people here need you.”

”This is my fault. I didn’t realize what would happen if I took away Tal’s fear…”

”That doesn’t mean you can’t help. You have a vial of metals. Get out there and ignore the voices in your head. They’re wrong about you, just like how mine used to be wrong about me.”

The blonde girl set a hand on Ave’s knee. “You can still do something to help. Keep moving. That’s the only way things are going to get better.”

“You heard a voice in your head too?”

”A few years ago, yes. But I eventually realized how wrong it was.”

Aventine pulled out her metal vial. “You’re another me, aren’t you?”

The girl smiled. “Call me Akarui,” she said as she faded.

Aventine looked at where she had been, then down at the vial. You are your own greatest enemy.

She stood up and swallowed the vial. She wiped her tears and made her way to the eighth floor.

*sobs*