Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Why..." he whispered. Before letting them respond, a bubble of energy exploded from him, knocking the bird and Bookwyrm back into the wall. "WHY?"

Bookwyrm winced as he was slammed back into the wall.

Okay, I guess we're doing this the hard way. 

He dove forward, magically shielding himself from any further outbursts. Then he quickly pressed his fingers to Thaidakar's temples and threw himself into his mind.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm winced as he was slammed back into the wall.

Okay, I guess we're doing this the hard way. 

He dove forward, magically shielding himself from any further outbursts. Then he quickly pressed his fingers to Thaidakar's temples and threw himself into his mind.

*maniacal laugh*

Have fun.

At first, Bookwyrm was unnoticed. Red energy surged around Bookwyrm mentally as he saw a swirling image of a pristine hallway with a woman in Thaidakar's arms. Tears fell onto her. He was whispering something out of earshot, but he looked in more pain than Bookwyrm had ever seen him previously.

His head shot up, seeing Bookwyrm. He hissed and leapt at Bookwyrm. Bookwyrm was in an empty bar, a cup in his hand with voices around him. His armed moved without thought, pouring the liquids into his mouth, searing his throat. The cup refilled and his hand did the same thing again.

"You're not real..." Thaidakar said. It was more of a question than a statement. "You can't be real..."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

At first, Bookwyrm was unnoticed. Red energy surged around Bookwyrm mentally as he saw a swirling image of a pristine hallway with a woman in Thaidakar's arms. Tears fell onto her. He was whispering something out of earshot, but he looked in more pain than Bookwyrm had ever seen him previously.

His head shot up, seeing Bookwyrm. He hissed and leapt at Bookwyrm. Bookwyrm was in an empty bar, a cup in his hand with voices around him. His armed moved without thought, pouring the liquids into his mouth, searing his throat. The cup refilled and his hand did the same thing again.

"You're not real..." Thaidakar said. It was more of a question than a statement. "You can't be real..."

Could you briefly explain what Thaidakar's situation is? Also, do you want him to be defeated or subdued, or not?

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Thaidakar has been trapped in a room for a year, going over the terrible things he's gone through in his life over and over again while drinking liquor. He's trying to handle what's happening right now by boxing it into the category of "not being real". He deals with stuff by shoving it away from him. 

I would like it if he's defeated, though I do want him to survive and escape at some point, whether immediately or from being imprisoned for a period. 

13 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Clinic: Lobby

"What can I do?" Tal asked Sunny.

@Spark of Hope

“Someone showed up in the lobby a minute ago. He said he knew Calano, but he didn’t know about the twins. He asked if his room was still here. He had a… very dark energy around him. Bookwyrm felt my pulse as well, and he ran off. He implied that he knew who it was.”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“Someone showed up in the lobby a minute ago. He said he knew Calano, but he didn’t know about the twins. He asked if his room was still here. He had a… very dark energy around him. Bookwyrm felt my pulse as well, and he ran off. He implied that he knew who it was.”

Tal frowned. "Did he say who?" He winced, abruptly feeling a sharp pain in his head. Not now...

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, he didn’t.”

”Tal!” She put her arms up around him.

"It's ok," Tal said, backing away. "Don't worry about it. Which way did he go?" 

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"It's ok," Tal said, backing away. "Don't worry about it. Which way did he go?" 

“Tal, you’re clearly not okay. If I tell you, don’t overdo it.”

Would he have told anyone else about the head voice? 

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Tal, you’re clearly not okay. If I tell you, don’t overdo it.”

No, let's assume he's mostly keeping it quiet.

Tal gave her a quick smile. "I'll figure it out, Sunny. I promise. But depending on who this is, the clinic could be in danger. This is more important right now."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gave her a quick smile. "I'll figure it out, Sunny. I promise. But depending on who this is, the clinic could be in danger. This is more important right now."

“Okay… he ran over that way. I lost sight of him after that.” She pointed where Bookwyrm had ran.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“Okay… he ran over that way. I lost sight of him after that.” She pointed where Bookwyrm had ran.

"Thanks," Tal said, running off. 

Who are we destroying today?

Nobody.

Are you sure?

Get out of my head.

But I'm so hungry...

Get. Out. Now.

A moment later, Tal stood outside Thaidakar's room. "What's going on?" @The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

17 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Ash's Office

Ash had kept rocking Jinx through the conversation. But she had been so focused on listening that she hadn't realized the lights were disappearing.

She looked up and realized they were leaving.

"Wait! I can help both of you. That's my job. I'm a doctor. My job is to fix people. I just need to know a little more. Don't go yet!"

@Anguished_One

Jinx was silent, listening to the proceedings with mild interest. 

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

After a moment, more light began to appear, points of varying size and brightness. This time, they seemed to form something cohesive in the shape of a person, though with few features.

4 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

Jinx was silent, listening to the proceedings with mild interest. 

Clinic: Ash's Office

"Did that help?"

Clinic: Lobby

Insa stood there for a moment.

I need to think.

She spun around and headed to her room.

4 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal stood up. He looked at Elan, Lerac, and @RoyalBeeMage no I didn't forget your character's name. "I need to go help," he said. "Will you guys come?"

@Ancient Elantrian @The Aspiring Archivist

"Sure!"

21 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Clinic: Basement

Tal raised an eyebrow at Elan. “Really…that’s very interesting. I read a little of everything.”

@Ancient Elantrian

"IT'S NOT THAT CONVOLUTED!"

On 4/26/2024 at 5:42 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

"you, me and @Weaver of Lies were tasked with babysitting tal for the time being. all we were talking about was more or less small talk. oh i was reading that book on mindreading you gave me. very interesting."

"Yes. Yes, that."

On 4/26/2024 at 2:31 PM, Edema Rue said:

Tal blinked. “Who said what?”

A moment later, Pete pokes his head back out, eyes narrowed. “Leave.”

"I dunno."

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

A moment later, Tal stood outside Thaidakar's room. "What's going on?"

Bookwyrm knelt silently in front of Thaidakar, fingers on his temples, his eyes closed and a look of pain on his face.

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar's Mindspace

Bookwyrm coughed and gagged, retreating into the folds of his own mind to escape the poison being shoved down his throat by his own arm. He gathered his strength and sent a burst of mental light into the bar, re-gaining control, and sending chairs and glasses and alcohol flying.

He restored himself, and looked around for the source of Thaidakar's voice.

"I am real," he said, softly, soothingly. He sent tendrils of warmth and light into Thaidakar's mind as he carefully crept to the entrance of the bar and tried to leave.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm knelt silently in front of Thaidakar, fingers on his temples, his eyes closed and a look of pain on his face.

Thaidakar's Mindspace

Bookwyrm coughed and gagged, retreating into the folds of his own mind to escape the poison being shoved down his throat by his own arm. He gathered his strength and sent a burst of mental light into the bar, re-gaining control, and sending chairs and glasses and alcohol flying.

He restored himself, and looked around for the source of Thaidakar's voice.

"I am real," he said, softly, soothingly. He sent tendrils of warmth and light into Thaidakar's mind as he carefully crept to the entrance of the bar and tried to leave.

Tal stepped into the room, then sat down. There wasn't anything he could do, but if it got worse, he was available.

We could destroy both of them. 

We aren't hurting anyone.

But think how easy it would be...

Find another tool.

But you dance so beautifully...

I'm going to destroy you.

That's the spirit.

7 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic whistled a tune and the staves glowed blue and flew between everyone's hands, removing the dirt. 

"Where did Lundyn go?" he asked the group. 

@TheRavenHasLanded @Edema Rue

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Uh... cat. I think I heard Lundyn, too."

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She wiped her mouth on her arm. "I think it was this way." She started walking ahead of the two of them, arms crossed in front of her.

@Cash67 @shortcake

4 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic looked concerned and unsure. When Aventine barfed, Pic had to restrain himself from vomiting as well. Pic rushed to walk side by side with Aventine. 

4 hours ago, Cash67 said:

He walked in silence, but stayed close, listening for Lundyn. 

@shortcake

sorry y'all I'm finally here

and alive!

Lundyn was off a little ways, chasing a cat. The cat ended up climbing a try, and she spread her wings, shooting up into the air, only to get caught in the branches. "Ahh! Pic, I'm stuck!!" she yelled, kicking her legs. there was a brunch that jabbed through her left wing, close to where it branched out of her back. "PIC!!" she started freaking out when she saw the blood, "AVENTINE!!"

@Cash67 @Spark of Hope @TheRavenHasLanded

17 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn was off a little ways, chasing a cat. The cat ended up climbing a try, and she spread her wings, shooting up into the air, only to get caught in the branches. "Ahh! Pic, I'm stuck!!" she yelled, kicking her legs. there was a brunch that jabbed through her left wing, close to where it branched out of her back. "PIC!!" she started freaking out when she saw the blood, "AVENTINE!!"

@Cash67 @Spark of Hope @TheRavenHasLanded

Pic walked over, and looked up at Lundyn. He stared for a few moments, then began to hum. 

His staves spiraled into a perfect mimicry of his hand, floating up to where Lundyn was. They pushed the branches out of the way just enough so that Lundyn could squirm her way free.