Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

On 4/19/2024 at 4:49 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"But I never know what to do. And I'm never very helpful. I just follow people around." She paused and looked up at Bookwyrm "How do you not see me like that? "

Bookwyrm pulled her closer.

"I love you," he said. "I don't see you like that because you aren't like that. And if you still think you can do more, there's always a chance to do better."

On 4/19/2024 at 5:15 PM, Just-A-Stick said:

"I-i d-don't r-really k-know." 

@InfiniteInsanity

Ash

Ash smiled "That's alright." She thought for a moment. "Have you ever had ice cream before?"

10 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm pulled her closer.

"I love you," he said. "I don't see you like that because you aren't like that. And if you still think you can do more, there's always a chance to do better."

Insa

Insa sighed. "Okay. I love you too." 

A tidal wave of exhaustion washed over her and essentially forced her to fall asleep.

In a throne like chair across the room sat a woman who appeared to be in her 20's. She had blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I've been waiting for you. But you took soo long and I just ran out of patience."

Insa frowned. "Who are you?"

"Oh come on. You couldn't have possibly forgotten what it's like to be in my glorious presence and receive my wonderful advise this fast. We haven't been separated for that long."

"Saar?"

The woman grinned. "There you go!"

Insa tried to back farther away but was stopped by a wall. "Where are we?"

"You are still back with that boy. And I'm somewhere else. I just made a little safe space for us to communicate! Isn't that a fun trick."

Insa shook her head. Fear and panic bubbled up inside of her.

Small sparks flickered to life around Insa before quickly dying out.

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

On 4/19/2024 at 11:08 PM, Spark of Hope said:

She held the trembling child in her arms. Thankfully, she had brass left from earlier. She took away the worst parts of her fear, despair, anguish, and anger. “It’s okay, it’s okay…”

Lundyn trembled in her arms.

im gonna be on and off for a bit but i'll most likely be offline for sure from 9:41 to 11:28-ish

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She put her chin on the top of Lundyn's head and rocked gently from side to side. "It's okay. You're with me."

Her breathing eventually evens out as she calms down, but she doesn't look up or move.

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She began to rub her back up and down. She whispered, "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I killed them," her voice was barely a whisper, "I didn't mean to, he made me- he- he hurt me and-" she started talking faster as she told the story, "It's my fault my parents are dead..."

Just now, shortcake said:

"I killed them," her voice was barely a whisper, "I didn't mean to, he made me- he- he hurt me and-" she started talking faster as she told the story, "It's my fault my parents are dead..."

I'm assuming she said the whole dream here, if that's not the case tell me and I'll edit the post

With the non-back-rubbing hand, she started to rub the back of Lundyn's head as well. "No, no, that wasn't your fault. If it's something you were forced to do, it wasn't your fault, it was his."

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

With the non-back-rubbing hand, she started to rub the back of Lundyn's head as well. "No, no, that wasn't your fault. If it's something you were forced to do, it wasn't your fault, it was his."

yup, sorry, I should have specified

She sat up. "do you think he's died by now?"

1 minute ago, shortcake said:

She sat up. "do you think he's died by now?"

"Well, if the fire from your dream is what actually happened, probably. And if he's not..." She smiled. "Well, there would probably be a bunch of people from the Clinic fighting for who gets that honor."

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"Well, if the fire from your dream is what actually happened, probably. And if he's not..." She smiled. "Well, there would probably be a bunch of people from the Clinic fighting for who gets that honor."

A look of determination and anger spreads across her face."I wanna do it. I want him to know how my parents felt. He deserves the guilt, the betrayal. After everything he's done. I want to kill him."

going offline

Just now, shortcake said:

A look of determination and anger spreads across her face."I wanna do it. I want him to know how my parents felt. He deserves the guilt, the betrayal. After everything he's done. I want to kill him."

What Lundyn said scared her, at least a little bit. She didn't know what to say, but she couldn't say she didn't understand. What she wouldn't give to kill her father...

She snapped herself out of it. Two bitter people planning revenge wasn't the best way to spend the night. She picked her up and put her in the bigger bed, lying down next to her.

1 hour ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn trembled in her arms.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She put her chin on the top of Lundyn's head and rocked gently from side to side. "It's okay. You're with me."

What Lundyn said scared her, at least a little bit. She didn't know what to say, but she couldn't say she didn't understand. What she wouldn't give to kill her father...

She snapped herself out of it. Two bitter people planning revenge wasn't the best way to spend the night. She picked her up and put her in the bigger bed, lying down next to her.

It was at this point that Pic sneaked into the room. Thinking the two were asleep, he hummed quietly, and laid his coat down on the ground. He lay on his back, and stayed awake and listened for a while. 

38 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

It was at this point that Pic sneaked into the room. Thinking the two were asleep, he hummed quietly, and laid his coat down on the ground. He lay on his back, and stayed awake and listened for a while. 

She barely heard the coat hit the floor. When she did, she lifted up her head to look at him, and the sheets rustled.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Lundyn curled up next to her, folding up the wing on the side she was laying on, and covering her arm up with the other wing.

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

Lundyn heard Pic, but didn't move much.

26 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She barely heard the coat hit the floor. When she did, she lifted up her head to look at him, and the sheets rustled.

“Still awake?” He hummed softly. 

Lundyn curled up next to her, folding up the wing on the side she was laying on, and covering her arm up with the other wing.

Lundyn heard Pic, but didn't move much.

15 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Nightmare," she said quietly.

Pic hummed a few descending notes in response. Aventine realized this was Pic’s equivalent of a grunt of agreement or acknowledgment. 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic hummed a few descending notes in response. Aventine realized this was Pic’s equivalent of a grunt of agreement or acknowledgment. 

She sat up with her legs hanging off the bed, but kept her hand on Lundyn's. She told him what had happened in the nightmare.

42 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She sat up with her legs hanging off the bed, but kept her hand on Lundyn's. She told him what had happened in the nightmare.

Pic frowned, and was ‘silent’ for a while. (Well, as silent as Pic can be). 

“Poor kid,” he finally said. “Good thing she’s here now.”

11 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic frowned, and was ‘silent’ for a while. (Well, as silent as Pic can be). 

“Poor kid,” he finally said. “Good thing she’s here now.”

She squeezed Lundyn’s hand, then stood up, walked to a corner, and waved at Pic to follow her.

”She said she wants to kill him,” she said quietly.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She squeezed Lundyn’s hand, then stood up, walked to a corner, and waved at Pic to follow her.

”She said she wants to kill him,” she said quietly.

Pic shrugged, “That makes sense, and seems like she’d be safer without him.”

54 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic shrugged, “That makes sense, and seems like she’d be safer without him.”

“That I agree with, but…” She glanced at Lundyn. “She’s just so young. I was 18 before I started thinking about killing my father…”

40 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“That I agree with, but…” She glanced at Lundyn. “She’s just so young. I was 18 before I started thinking about killing my father…”

“And I was 14 when I left mine,” he hummed. “She has these feelings. We can’t get rid of them, but we can talk to her later.”