Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Cash67 said:

Pic hesistates for a few moments, looking around the field, then he begins to hum softly. His staves appear, and each line wrapped around his fingers. His melody was calming, yet cheerful, with a simple progression. The stave began to glow green, and all of the weeds bent slightly towards his fingertips. He knelt down and got to work. 

With his magic, he was able to get weeds out without struggling or digging for the roots. They seemed to tear themselves out of the ground to get into his hands. 

"If you want to sing along, it will help you too," Pic hums to her. 

"Careful," she muttered, just loud enough for him to hear. "Someone could show up at any time."

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Careful," she muttered, just loud enough for him to hear. "Someone could show up at any time."

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Boo." he takes his shovel and shoves it into the ground.

He hesitates, and the light stutters. However, the melody is quickly regained and the light intensifies slightly. "None of that will matter if we can't leave early in the afternoon," he hums. 

Just now, Cash67 said:

He hesitates, and the light stutters. However, the melody is quickly regained and the light intensifies slightly. "None of that will matter if we can't leave early in the afternoon," he hums. 

Jar Man pulls up weeds with worrying efficiency. its scary.

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

"Pic-"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man pulls up weeds with worrying efficiency. its scary.

She eyed him with concern before looking back to the flowerbed.

"Tal went to a city when he was found out..." she whispered, too quiet for anyone else to hear.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"Pic-"

"Tal went to a city when he was found out..." she whispered, too quiet for anyone else to hear.

Jar Man has a pile of weeds about a foot tall by now, and he turns. "So, we go to the city and get information overload?"

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man has a pile of weeds about a foot tall by now, and he turns. "So, we go to the city and get information overload?"

"That's not what I was thinking, but that too."

She cocked her head slightly. "We've been going about this all wrong. We won't find out anything here, but if we were to reveal what powers we possess..."

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She cocked her head slightly. "We've been going about this all wrong. We won't find out anything here, but if we were to reveal what powers we possess..."

Jar Man looks both horrified and excited at the idea.

4 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa kept talking. "But I know she's somewhere. And she's in a physical form so we could actually talk to her. All that we need to know is what to say and how to find her. Maybe..." She paused. 

"I feel like you aren't normally this quiet."

He sighed. "I just...I'm stuck. I'm scared for you and I don't know how to help."

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Pete watched for a moment, then shrugged and went back inside. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She knelt down next to him and started trying to weed.

53 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man takes out a shovel from his cloak that really shouldn't have fit, but it did.

29 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic hesistates for a few moments, looking around the field, then he begins to hum softly. His staves appear, and each line wrapped around his fingers. His melody was calming, yet cheerful, with a simple progression. The stave began to glow green, and all of the weeds bent slightly towards his fingertips. He knelt down and got to work. 

With his magic, he was able to get weeds out without struggling or digging for the roots. They seemed to tear themselves out of the ground to get into his hands. 

"If you want to sing along, it will help you too," Pic hums to her. 

Lundyn sits down next to Pic and begins to hum along to the melody

20 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

17 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Pic-"

14 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Lundyn was listening when she noticed a small cat in her peripheral vision. Her pupils flicker white for a moment (like how cats and dogs will get really quiet when they're hunting basically. except she's not gonna hunt it down, shes just gonna chase it because shes a ten your old who saw a cat lol) as her attention shifts over to the kitten, rather than what Aventine is saying.

13 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Decent?” Said Elan, hoping he was right. “What are we talking about?”

Invisibly, the narrator whispered to Elan, "Tal had burnt down two floors of the clinic upon losing control of his magic. Elan was shocked to have learned this.

The narrator's kind of a gag character. She only interacts with characters she deems "crazy" because if any of them realize she's the narrator she'll just die. She thinks if Elan says anything about hearing a voice everyone will just blow it off. 

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Pic halts the melody in thought, only humming a single note. "It could work, but only if we are certian we could all get out safe at any time."

3 hours ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn sits down next to Pic and begins to hum along to the melody

Lundyn was listening when she noticed a small cat in her peripheral vision. Her pupils flicker white for a moment (like how cats and dogs will get really quiet when they're hunting basically. except she's not gonna hunt it down, shes just gonna chase it because shes a ten your old who saw a cat lol) as her attention shifts over to the kitten, rather than what Aventine is saying.

Pic's attention shifts there too. He keeps an eye on Lundyn, but otherwise leaves her be.

13 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic halts the melody in thought, only humming a single note. "It could work, but only if we are certian we could all get out safe at any time."

Pic's attention shifts there too. He keeps an eye on Lundyn, but otherwise leaves her be.

“I could get us out, in theory. But I wouldn’t be able to transport us again for another two days.”

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

He sighed. "I just...I'm stuck. I'm scared for you and I don't know how to help."

Insa frowned. "I'm gonna be honest I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just throwing out ideas, hoping that something makes sense and might work. And since we don't know what we're doing we're just gonna have to try things. But I can't do this without you."

She grabbed Bookwyrm's hand. "What I don't understand is why you're scared for me. Saar hates you and still kind of likes me. And we helped fight a much worse and much scarier god not that long ago. Why are you worried?"

5 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa frowned. "I'm gonna be honest I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just throwing out ideas, hoping that something makes sense and might work. And since we don't know what we're doing we're just gonna have to try things. But I can't do this without you."

She grabbed Bookwyrm's hand. "What I don't understand is why you're scared for me. Saar hates you and still kind of likes me. And we helped fight a much worse and much scarier god not that long ago. Why are you worried?"

"Because of what she's doing to you, Insa. To your mind. I've seen how she hurts you, and I hate to see you go through that." His eyes fell again on the fractal scar on her neck.

"I'm not scared of Saar. I can handle her. But I am scared about what she might do to you."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Because of what she's doing to you, Insa. To your mind. I've seen how she hurts you, and I hate to see you go through that." His eyes fell again on the fractal scar on her neck.

"I'm not scared of Saar. I can handle her. But I am scared about what she might do to you."

"I don't want to let her do that to me anymore. I'm not her puppet. I've made up my mind on what I'm going to do. I'm going to stay at the Clinic. With you and everyone else. That's where I feel safe. She can't tell me no anymore. She can't lie to me anymore. That's where I want to be."

"What do you keep looking at?"

54 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"I don't want to let her do that to me anymore. I'm not her puppet. I've made up my mind on what I'm going to do. I'm going to stay at the Clinic. With you and everyone else. That's where I feel safe. She can't tell me no anymore. She can't lie to me anymore. That's where I want to be."

"What do you keep looking at?"

"You... you don't feel it?"

40 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"F-fourteen." She said. 

"How did you get here?"

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"...It's probably best if I you see for yourself."

A reflective circle of glass appeared in Bookwyrm's hand. He handed it to her.

Insa rolled her eyes and took the glass from him.

She stared at her reflection. The tiny little branches that reached up her neck.

Saar's words echoed through her head. 

I will always be a part of you.

"Oh."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

How did you get here?"

Jinx tapped the side of her head with two fingers. "P-parent-ts d-died. C-caret-taker s-said I-i d-don't w-work r-right u-up h-here." She said simply.