Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic kept pacing and humming to himself. As the pillow flew at him, Pic absentmindedly waved his hand, and five lines of light looped around Pic as he hummed a quick descending note. The pillow ran along this loop and was hurled back at Roy at a greater speed. 

Pic seemed unaware that any of this had happened. 

Aventine’s eyebrows wrinkled. He’s acting strange…

31 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic composed himself, then blurted out, “What the heck was that thing?! It felt as if my very essence was being taken away, as if I couldn’t speak, as if I would never…” His voice trailed off as he paced, working off the adrenaline that had suddenly appeared.

He picked up the pillow that had been thrown on the ground and threw it (maybe a little too hard) back at Aventine as he paced. 

@The Aspiring Archivist @InfiniteInsanity @InvisibIe

15 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Thank you.”

It whapped her in the face. “Thank you,” she said sarcastically.

The sensation returned slightly. Or maybe it was just a memory. It was too... insubstantial to be sure.

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine’s eyebrows wrinkled. He’s acting strange…

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The sensation returned slightly. Or maybe it was just a memory. It was too... insubstantial to be sure.

At this sensation, Pic went deathly silent. His lines of light disappeared, and when he spoke, his voice was void of musicality, and full of fear. 

“Hello?”

Edited by Cash67
Better vibes in last sentence

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Just now, Cash67 said:

At this sensation, Pic went deathly silent. His lines of light disappeared, and when he spoke, his voice was void of musicality, and very fearful. 

“Hello?”

What could they do to get him to respond?

5 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

At this sensation, Pic went deathly silent. His lines of light disappeared, and when he spoke, his voice was void of musicality, and full of fear. 

“Hello?”

Nothing changed.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Maybe that's up to you to find out...

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nothing changed.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic walked over to Aventines bed, sat on the foot of the bed, and pulled his knees to his chest. He took many deep breaths, and began to him a haunting melody. All around him could feel Pic’s fear, Pic’s single-minded terror on the possibility of the very thing his identity was based on dying and being taken from him. Or even worse, being placed in a situation where he was still himself, but unable to create, unable to sing, and unable to live. 

Pic seemed to grow more focused the longer the song went on, but the fear and haunting tone remained and merged with resolve. Pic’s face grew cold and hard as the song changed to be less of a song of loss, and more of a song of protection.

5 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic walked over to Aventines bed, sat on the foot of the bed, and pulled his knees to his chest. He took many deep breaths, and began to him a haunting melody. All around him could feel Pic’s fear, Pic’s single-minded terror on the possibility of the very thing his identity was based on dying and being taken from him. Or even worse, being placed in a situation where he was still himself, but unable to create, unable to sing, and unable to live. 

Pic seemed to grow more focused the longer the song went on, but the fear and haunting tone remained and merged with resolve. Pic’s face grew cold and hard as the song changed to be less of a song of loss, and more of a song of protection.

She took his hand, hoping it would be at least a little comforting.

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic stopped humming the moment she touched his hand. His gaze softened, and he gave Aventine a confused look. After a few seconds he gave Aventine a small smile and squeezed her hand, then seemed to snap out of whatever reverie he was in. He didn’t let go of her hand, however. 

“Did I do anything to hurt any of you?” he asks the room, seeming genuinely concerned about everyone. 

20 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

The sensation faded away again, though more slowly this time, like it was moving past.

@Spark of Hope @Invisible

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Ash

23 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

A flash of fear enters Pic’s eyes, but he holds himself together for this. 

22 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Hey elan you ok? Why has this feeling come back?”

38 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Elan just stood in a corner... his skin was grey and cracked like an old stone statue and his gaze was blank.

46 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Ash sat down next to Pic and handed him a bottle of water. "Take a couple of deep breaths. You all will be just fine. My whole job as a medical person is to help you all and part of working in the clinic is a promise to do whatever I can to keep you all safe." She frowned, "I can't make the sensations stop as I have no idea where or what the source is but should anything happen my first move will be whatever I need to do to protect you. You will be safe."

Insa

"So are we stuck?"

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

7 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash

Ash sat down next to Pic and handed him a bottle of water. "Take a couple of deep breaths. You all will be just fine. My whole job as a medical person is to help you all and part of working in the clinic is a promise to do whatever I can to keep you all safe." She frowned, "I can't make the sensations stop as I have no idea where or what the source is but should anything happen my first move will be whatever I need to do to protect you. You will be safe."

Pic takes the waterbottle with his other hand, takes a sip and nods. 

"Thank you," he whispers.

28 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Hey elan you ok? Why has this feeling come back?”

A man.

That's all he was.

Thaidakar stood somewhere in the background, one hand on a half empty bottle, the other wiping a bit of tar like blood from his wrist where someone had scratched him. Or had that been him? Every day was a blur, every moment a repetitive joke. The world was his stage and he was the jester. 

He drained the remaining contents of the bottle, throwing it into the wall with a dull shatter. He opened his mouth, hesitated, closed his mouth. What remained of his integrity had been spent on trying to remember desperately a time when he'd been a real person.

And what was reality? The voices tickled his awareness. No, reality wasn't what was real. Reality was whatever lies he told himself to cover the horrible, horrible truths. He heard a voice speak softly in the distance. 

"Lies..."

That wasn't real either. No, it couldn't have been. Thaidakar didn't know anyone with a voice, not since she'd died. No, nope, not again. Everything else was merely an imagined person. And he was the only reality that existed. There had been no war, no Kaos, no dark entity. Calano, Rue, Nameless, Jimmy Thunder... all his imagination. 

Thaidakar laughed heartily as he snapped his fingers. The shattered bits of the bottle flew through the air as red energy flowed to it. It reformed, liquid falling into it from some phantom dimension. Thaidakar had another long drink, slamming it into the table, smashing it to pieces.

Drink. Forget. Break. Curse. Repeat.

"Stupid..." he muttered. "Stupid!"

"Lies..."

"Oh, you're one to talk... You're just a living lie! A lie brought to life by my imagination!"

"Lies..."

"Shut up..."

"Lies..."

"SHUT UP!" Thaidakar stood up, holding the bottle by its slender neck. The liquid drained out of it and splattered over the floor. "Shutupshutupshutupshutup!"

Silence met him. He blinked woozily, looking around the small, compact room in the clinic. Thaidakr searched for the sound for, to him, seemed like an hour. It was truly less than ten minutes. "Fine, then, don't answer! I don't need you anyways..."

"Lies..."

Thaidakar sighed, snapping his fingers once again. The liquid returned to the bottle and he drank it in one go. He was worthless... a mess! His friends were all better without him. They were doing just fine... not that he'd checked in awhile. No, no, easier that way. Easier to forget them. Besides, they didn't exist! So he could just imagine they had their happily ever after... 

They didn't need him, nor had they ever cared. 

"I never cared for them... I don't need them..."

"Lies..."

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

Pic stopped humming the moment she touched his hand. His gaze softened, and he gave Aventine a confused look. After a few seconds he gave Aventine a small smile and squeezed her hand, then seemed to snap out of whatever reverie he was in. He didn’t let go of her hand, however. 

“Did I do anything to hurt any of you?” he asks the room, seeming genuinely concerned about everyone. 

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The sensation faded away again, though more slowly this time, like it was moving past.

@Spark of Hope @Invisible

The hairs on her arms stood up, but she otherwise tried to ignore it.

58 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

A flash of fear enters Pic’s eyes, but he holds himself together for this. 

She squeezed his hand a little more.

25 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

A man.

That's all he was.

Thaidakar stood somewhere in the background, one hand on a half empty bottle, the other wiping a bit of tar like blood from his wrist where someone had scratched him. Or had that been him? Every day was a blur, every moment a repetitive joke. The world was his stage and he was the jester. 

He drained the remaining contents of the bottle, throwing it into the wall with a dull shatter. He opened his mouth, hesitated, closed his mouth. What remained of his integrity had been spent on trying to remember desperately a time when he'd been a real person.

And what was reality? The voices tickled his awareness. No, reality wasn't what was real. Reality was whatever lies he told himself to cover the horrible, horrible truths. He heard a voice speak softly in the distance. 

"Lies..."

That wasn't real either. No, it couldn't have been. Thaidakar didn't know anyone with a voice, not since she'd died. No, nope, not again. Everything else was merely an imagined person. And he was the only reality that existed. There had been no war, no Kaos, no dark entity. Calano, Rue, Nameless, Jimmy Thunder... all his imagination. 

Thaidakar laughed heartily as he snapped his fingers. The shattered bits of the bottle flew through the air as red energy flowed to it. It reformed, liquid falling into it from some phantom dimension. Thaidakar had another long drink, slamming it into the table, smashing it to pieces.

Drink. Forget. Break. Curse. Repeat.

"Stupid..." he muttered. "Stupid!"

"Lies..."

"Oh, you're one to talk... You're just a living lie! A lie brought to life by my imagination!"

"Lies..."

"Shut up..."

"Lies..."

"SHUT UP!" Thaidakar stood up, holding the bottle by its slender neck. The liquid drained out of it and splattered over the floor. "Shutupshutupshutupshutup!"

Silence met him. He blinked woozily, looking around the small, compact room in the clinic. Thaidakr searched for the sound for, to him, seemed like an hour. It was truly less than ten minutes. "Fine, then, don't answer! I don't need you anyways..."

"Lies..."

Thaidakar sighed, snapping his fingers once again. The liquid returned to the bottle and he drank it in one go. He was worthless... a mess! His friends were all better without him. They were doing just fine... not that he'd checked in awhile. No, no, easier that way. Easier to forget them. Besides, they didn't exist! So he could just imagine they had their happily ever after... 

They didn't need him, nor had they ever cared. 

"I never cared for them... I don't need them..."

"Lies..."

YEEEESSSSS THAIDAKAR!!!

39 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa

"So are we stuck?"

"Not....quite," Bookwyrm said, looking around. "We're just going to have to hop around until we find something familiar."

He sighed. "Which might take a while."

42 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The hairs on her arms stood up, but she otherwise tried to ignore it.

She squeezed his hand a little more.

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Why do you fear?

Does Pic hear this?

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Silence is... part of my nature.

Pic remains silent, pondering how this can even be possible for any being. 

If this thing can read minds pic's mind is very easy to read.

It is also very loud

Edited by Cash67