The Very Punny Thread

Chaos

Share your puns, groan-worthy and/or hilarious, it doesn't matter!

I'll start with two, but you can just post one at a time if you want.

"There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of the puns would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did."

And one from Jess: "What do you get when you cross mountain climber with a mosquito? Nothing! You can't cross a scaler with a vector. Don't you know that?"

In the days of primitive tribes and grass huts, there was one tribe which was very warlike. They won many battles, and took control of many other tribes.

One of their customs when they beat another tribe was to take the most prized posession of the enemy's chief.

One time, after a particularly fierce battle they defeated a rich tribe, whose king had a prized solid gold throne.

Our warlike tribe took the throne, and put it in the loft in their cheif's house. Unfortunately, the throne was much too heavy to be kept in a loft in a grass house, and it fell right through the ceiling, onto the cheif, killing him instantly.

The Moral of this story is...... People who live in Grass Houses shouldn't stow thrones!

tumblr_llb3f717wC1qfcroyo1_400.jpg

Once upon a dim stage dreary, while I twirled, weak and weary

Under many quaint and curious gaze’s of voyeurs wanting more

While I spun round, nearly falling, suddenly there came a calling

the voice of which was quite appalling, appalling and it screamed out “WHORE”

Tis’ some drunkard, I muttered, screaming out the insult “WHORE”

Only this and nothing more.

A man walks into a restaurant with three floors. The first floor was appetizers, the second was main courses and the third was drinks. As the man enters the first floor, a waiter comes up to him and says, "Hello sir, what appetizer would you like?"

The man says, "I don't know. What do you have?"

The waiter replys, "Well, we have a soup, which is really good. We have a salad, which is kinda good. And we have a breadstick, which is not really good at all."

So the man chooses the soup and gets into the line for it. But, by the time he gets through it, he's so hungry that he ate the soup, salad, and breadstick and had to pay for all three.

Disheartened, the man walks up to the second floor. Again, a waiter comes up to him and says, "Hello sir, what main dish would you like?"

The waiter replys, "Well, we have a steak, which is really good. We have chicken, which is kinda good. And we have fish, which is not really good at all."

So the man chooses the steak and gets into the line for it. But, by the time he gets through it, he's so hungry that he ate the steak, chicken, and fish and had to pay for all three.

Rather annoyed, he goes up to the final floor. True to form, a waiter comes up to him and says, "Hello sir, what drink would you like?"

The waiter replys, "Well, we have wine, which is really good. We have water, which is kinda good. And we have punch, which is not really good at all."

Having learned from his previous experiences, the man decides to look at the lines before deciding which to get. The line for wine is incredibly long, the line for water is somewhat long, and there is no punch line.

:D

Also, my Grandfather was very fond of "Why do bees buzz?" "You'd buzz too if someone took your honey and nectar (necked her)"

Edited by FeatherWriter

Well...my AP Art concentration was visual puns, so I have quite a few of those here.One of them isn't on there, sadly. I don't know where the picture of it is, and I don't feel like digging through my stuff to take another picture at the moment.

Anyways, my favorite joke happens to be a pun. It's better to tell it out loud, but here it is:

What do you call a fish without an eye?

A fsh. :D

Directly following that pun, what do you call a deer with no eyes?

No-eye-deer.

No idea-r, No idea

I've always liked this stealth pun from xkcd, though you have to have heard the original joke to get it.

http://xkcd.com/532/

The orignial joke is:

One day a man walks into a bar and to his amazement, he finds a tiny person playing a tiny piano. Stunned the man asked the bartender where he got such a person. The bartender replied that if you go into the closet there is a genie that will grant one wish. The man dashed into the the closet and as the bartender said their was a genie. The man wished for 1,000,000 bucks, but instead, got 1,000,000 ducks. Infuriated the man stormed to the bartender and screamed "I asked your genie for 1,000,000 bucks but i got 1,000,000 ducks instead! "No duh", replied the bartender, "Do you really think I asked for a 12-inch PIANIST?"

So in the comic, the guy actually asked for the 12-inch pianist to play his piano, but got something else instead...

Well...my AP Art concentration was visual puns, so I have quite a few of those here.One of them isn't on there, sadly. I don't know where the picture of it is, and I don't feel like digging through my stuff to take another picture at the moment.

those are fantastic :D

What's brown and sticky?

A stick!

A horse walks into the bar, and the bartender says "Hey. Why the long face?"

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

Notch-yo cheese! (It works better if you say it out loud)

A pirate walks into a bar with paper towel around his head like a hat. The bartender and the other residents of the bar are very confused.

The bartender says "Hey. What's with the paper towel?"

The pirate replies "Arrgh. I've a bounty on me head!"

An atom walks into a bar, looking desperate. The bartender asks "What's wrong?"

The proton replies "I've lost my electron!"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive!"

The nerdfighters haven't failed me yet! I love that "under a rest" joke! I've never heard that before!

Thanks! I first saw the joke on Facebook. The comments:

Looks like he's in big treble.

He better move or he'll Bb!

I like this sharp sense of humor.

You have the right to remain tacet.

He's gonna be detained for forte years.

Allegro! Allegro! Double Time! You're gonna get crushed!

Also, more bad puns.

Edited by Sir Read-a-Lot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...