You know you're a nerd when...

Veledsier

When you have arguments about the use of a/an with words that start with 'h.'

1 hour ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

When you have arguments over the exact difference between a nerd and a geek.

And what conclusions did you reach?

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

YKYAN when you devise a base-seven number system for one of the cultures in your fantasy worldbuild, and then use that notation to mark the dates on your journal entries.

YKYAK when you write the names of fictional characters in the greek, cyrillic, women's script, and steel alphabets on the margins of your homework.

You know you're a nerd when you get super excited at the idea of writing 1000+ words on a single topic just for fun

Edited by Wittles

(Disclaimer: I'm still not a nerd)

When your teacher tells you to write a single page in size 15 font and you panic because you were planning a whole novel.

• 2 months later...

when you watch a tv show, like it, find out that it was based on a book series, read the book series, realize the tv show is not accurate at all, and am conflicted because the tv show has a more enjoyable storyline.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:01 AM, Lord Spirit said:

when you watch a tv show, like it, find out that it was based on a book series, read the book series, realize the tv show is not accurate at all, and am conflicted because the tv show has a more enjoyable storyline.

YKYAN when you realize that not everybody does that.

YKYAN when, when you’re talking about DnD and you pause for an instant to say “I know I’m a nerd, you don’t have to remind me. Anyways, he’s a Blind guy who’s also a Cleric and an Artificer, so the things he makes are going to be hilarious”

9 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

YKYAN when, when you’re talking about DnD and you pause for an instant to say “I know I’m a nerd, you don’t have to remind me. Anyways, he’s a Blind guy who’s also a Cleric and an Artificer, so the things he makes are going to be hilarious”

I'm one of those curmudgeons who doesn't like Artificer. So I just homebrewed a Wizard subclass that can make certain magic items and called it the School of Enchantment.

YKYAN when you build a subclass from the ground up.

Edited by The cheeseman

The whole feel of the class doesn't fit with the way my group plays the game. And their ability to duplicate certain magic items - for free - is incredibly broken. Especially with Bags of Holding, because I have a player who would abuse the heck out of that.

Edited by The cheeseman

YKYAN when you correct people when they talk about Frankenstein and you say it's actually Frankenstein's monster 

YKYAN when someone asks you about a book character and you give a in-depth analysis about every good and bad thing about that character in the whole series.