Favorite Video Game?

What’s your favorite video game and what makes it so good. My favorite multiplayer game is MarioKart, it’s a fun challenge to beat others people to when I play with my team for Highschool E-sports. My favorite single player game is hollow knight for the challenge it provides and the interesting lore.

Edit: my favorite single player game is now ToTK

Edited by Lightweaver2

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Lord Gregorio said:

Mario Kart is pretty dope.

I play mainly mobile games. I like hyper light drifter for a single gamer experience. Gunfire reborn’s good too. There’s a lot I could list but those are some of my favs. 

You got clash royale? I could friend you lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mario Kart is a blast, especially in multiplayer mode, and it's great to hear you're competing in High school E-sports. The thrill of outmaneuvering opponents is hard to beat. And Hollow Knight is a fantastic choice for its challenging gameplay and rich lore.

Speaking of gaming, have you heard about CS2? It's generating a lot of anticipation in the gaming community, and it's set to bring some exciting new features to the world of Counter-Strike. It's always intriguing to see how our favorite games evolve and adapt. Enjoy your gaming adventures!

Edited by SamoaJ

Mine is probably Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga or Disney Infinity, simply because I can't get over the nostalgia of playing these. Some other great ones include Jedi Fallen Order, any of the Star Wars Battlefronts, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/Wii U, and pretty much any mario kart title, but specifically Mariokart Wii and 8 Deluxe.

Edited by Canada Lover

5 hours ago, Canada Lover said:

Mine is probably Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga or Disney Infinity, simply because I can't get over the nostalgia of playing these. Some other great ones include Jedi Fallen Order, any of the Star Wars Battlefronts, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/Wii U, and pretty much any mario kart title, but specifically Mariokart Wii and 8 Deluxe.

Wii Sports is dope. As a child we only played video games on the Wii. Played a lot of Wii Sports, Mariokart Wii, New Super Mario Bros and Lego Batman. Good times. 

• 3 months later...

I think my current favorite is probably Deltarune, but my all time video game is probably hollow knight.

For Hollow Knight, the gameplay is simple enough to be easily grasped and understood, but it also has nearly no limit to how good you can get with it. I also love it for it's masterful use of environmental storytelling, and the story itself is just the perfect blend of ideas and concepts that I love.

Deltarune only has the first two chapters released right now, but I'm already completely invested in the story and characters. The artstyle is really nice and simplistic and lends itself really well to the creative character and set design the game has. The characters are also so easy to love and I just love everything about every character, the dialogue is so well characterized to fit each character and it makes them feel real and I just love it. Also, the story so far is very intriguing and has a metaplot that is done in a style that isn't seen so often and it's done so well. I just love this game so much!

On 2/9/2024 at 3:34 PM, Wittles said:

I think my current favorite is probably Deltarune, but my all time video game is probably hollow knight.

For Hollow Knight, the gameplay is simple enough to be easily grasped and understood, but it also has nearly no limit to how good you can get with it. I also love it for it's masterful use of environmental storytelling, and the story itself is just the perfect blend of ideas and concepts that I love.

Deltarune only has the first two chapters released right now, but I'm already completely invested in the story and characters. The artstyle is really nice and simplistic and lends itself really well to the creative character and set design the game has. The characters are also so easy to love and I just love everything about every character, the dialogue is so well characterized to fit each character and it makes them feel real and I just love it. Also, the story so far is very intriguing and has a metaplot that is done in a style that isn't seen so often and it's done so well. I just love this game so much!

I have to agree, Hollow Knight is definitely up there in my list of favorite games. The atmosphere, mechanics, and story are immaculate.

Anyway, here's a list of some games I love (in no particular order)

1. Mario Kart Wii

2. Hollow Knight

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

4. Super Mario Galaxy 2

5. Final Fantasy VI

6.  New Super Mario Bros Wii

Honorable Mentions:

1. Star Fox 64 3D

2. Pokemon Ultra Sun

3. Super Smash Brothers 4 and Ultimate

nintendo games are consistently alright. the only exception is pokemon.

here's the deal: pokemon used to be alright. if you get a recent game, get a 3ds or older game.

X/Y is a good game, both in plot and gameplay, Sun/Moon are only if you want an easier time beating the literal children's game, or plot matters to you that much. Ultra is ok. tough balancing, even w/ overleveling, by island 2 you resort to high level strats, (potion spam,) but the plot is eh. play if you like an alright challenge.

sword/shield... the plot is ruined by a single bit of detail and the dlc is pay to win at times, seeing as you get free legendaries, unlimited poke if you can afford 4 berries, a master ball i think you don't even have to use, the ability to beef up a lazy made ability, you effectively have to handicap yourself back to gen 4 just to have a challenge. 

scarlet/violet is just TPC's hubris manafest. they've hit the "we're too big to fail" stage, because there are a lot of "fans" out there that are deaf to their switches crying out for help, blind to the very greed that fuels this thing's very being. ignorant to the return of the playground rumors themselves.

and this. ain't changing anytime soon man, so vote with your wallet, spare your console, don't get s/v. hecc, get anything not on the switch.

Edited by Just_a_Fan