5 hours ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Hmmm. I think I'm gonna  stick this one out. He just doesn't feel right, and the first vote track record is ridiculous. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't feel strongly enough to fight for Szeth past the exhaustion and I respect you have a gut that way, but I believe you're making the same mistake you claim players make about you.

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

how hard is the original russian to read for a russian learner? like what level would it be at

i inherited Братья Карамазовы and have been debating giving reading it a go.

hi quoting is not working imagine this is after the next quote

i dont rlly want szeth to die rn

feel like elims could get by easy by being quiet

who hath been quiet someone tell me i am sleep soon

school is finally over i am free

Reveal hidden contents
  • 6489f3a93c0dc_etotmoment.jpg.333ebc5ca47ec2f5dbf0fd4c7046711a.jpg

Brave of you to think I'm a Russian learner :P I read The Brothers Karamazov in English after we took the excerpt of Ivan and Alyosha discussing about the existence of God (cf. The Grand Inquisitor) for the Problem of Evil segment in Philosophy 101. FWIW I still think Mackie is a better introduction to the Problems of Evil, but if you're really teaching it at a low undergrad level, I guess Dostoevsky is probably better at motivating it.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I've seen that shirt but for French :P

Vote Count:

• Szeth_Pancakes (3): The Bald Brandon, |TJ|, Araris Valerian
  • Araris Valerian (3): Fifth Scholar, DeTess, Matrim's Dice
  • Elandera (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Archer
  • The Bald Brandon (1): The Wandering Wizard
  • xinoeph512 (1): Elandera
  • The Wandering Wizard (1): Kasimir

K. Still have work, Archer's now on Szeth, and I low key don't want to CW Araris. Though ngl I still feel ? about Araris's opening Szeth vote aaaaaaaaaa.

I'll vote Xino. This is probably as close as I can get in terms of someone I can feel okay voting. Someone @ me if I'm needed to change trains or anything; otherwise I'm going back to my report and crying inside because it will never get done at this rate.

Edited by Kasimir

Me: "I'll vote Xino"
Me: >promptly forgets to vote

Look I'm sleep-deprived rn.

Xino

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Willing to wagon Wiz here fwiw

Granted, it is probably worth nothing

I'm working with my 2s vibes list from a couple of hours ago, so not really willing to but can be talked into it.

Edited to add:

FYI probably willing to vote Elan as well. Not enough time/SAN on my end but if someone can compare to her MR53 behaviour, would be great. She was converted there.

Edited by Kasimir

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Uh...you were questioning the Xino train and also you felt Szeth was Evil no?

Read your case for v!szeth and it made sense and I had forgotten about szeth attacked you earlier in the game. 

And now I don't like how szeth is panicking. 

4 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Xino for the self-pres

lowkey panicking rn why is this the day i didn’t have time to read the thread??

Now that you're here, why did you vote in Elandera earlier in the cycle?

It's past time for me to contribute more than gut reads and vague ideas. I'm going through the thread from N0 and writing various notes about different players that catches my attention.

Kasimir

Spoiler

N0 - No thoughts, just vibes. Vibes I can agree with, tbh.

Szeth

Spoiler

N0 - Expresses concern about releasing shards because of Intent Conversion, then points to Mercy and Endowment as the elim-leaning shards that should be priorities. Something about this argument feels off, mostly the absence of the more murderous shards in the list, but that could also have been an unspoken acknowledgement that those are the obvious options. Next post argues for waiting longer to break out shards to avoid Intent Conversion. Elim trying to get people to wait for the good shards so they have a better shot?

TJ

Spoiler

D1 - Voting seems opportunistic?

DeTess

Spoiler

N0 - I like their breakdown of which shards should be captured first. Seems like reasonable analysis and points out the benefits of breaking out Mercy early, which is a shard more likely to be ignored by researchers but coveted by elims.

Archer

Spoiler

D1 - Has a couple of key misunderstandings about the rules that leads me to believe not likely an elim faction leader, and likely not convert target because of the head from D1.

Xino

Spoiler

N0 - Called out burning Autonomy avatars. Possible source of killing Piano? Seems to have reasonable suggestions about rules, but nothing that stands out. If memory serves, often does rule breakdowns regardless of alignment.

DrakeMarshall

Spoiler

N0/D1 - Mostly fun, but decent contributions regarding shard analysis. Autonomy vibes?

Random thoughts as I read the rules more carefully:

• If Hoid has successfuly converted someone each night turn, and that team only started with Hoid, tonight is the first night they'll be able to get a shard out with just members of the team. This means if there are any shards we don't want in their control, we really need to coordinate tonight to get a lot of people to target it and reduce the chances it'll go to elims.
  • It's likely that the non-17th Shard factions started with only the named role, allowing their numbers to get up to 9 in total (nearly half the players). Autonomous might be different, since they don't have converts and the avatars are a little more vulnerable.
  • Returned are more dangerous towards the endgame, so saving Mercy's ability to bring people back at lylo is a problem in elim hands.

I got maybe halfway into D1, but I don't want to get lost in time and miss actually posting this. Szeth is giving me sketchy vibes, but I'm not about to try to tie things up, and I'm still satisified with a xino exe for reasons I've stated before. 

Vote Count:

• Szeth_Pancakes (4): The Bald Brandon, Araris Valerian, Archer, Wizard
  • Araris Valerian (3): Fifth Scholar, DeTess
  • xinoeph512 (5): Elandera, Kasimir, TJ, Matrim, Szeth
Edited by Elandera
removed redundancy

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Now that you're here, why did you vote in Elandera earlier in the cycle?

Flying under the radar doesn’t look great this game.

I should know :ph34r:

Edit: Whelp. Ninja’d

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

7 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

And now I don't like how szeth is panicking. 

Ngl yeah.

Bah, don't have time to re-read him though. I'm gonna just trust past me.

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:
  • xinoeph512 (5): Elandera, Kasimir, |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Szeth_Pancakes
  • Szeth_Pancakes (4): The Bald Brandon, Araris Valerian, Archer, The Wandering Wizard
  • Araris Valerian (2): Fifth Scholar, DeTess

ありがとうございます GM-さま

Edited to add:

6 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I got maybe halfway into D1, but I don't want to get lost in time and miss actually posting this. Szeth is giving me sketchy vibes, but I'm not about to try to tie things up, and I'm still satisified with a xino exe for reasons I've stated before. 

You voting doesn't tie it up though, given you're on Xino. Seems a weird reason.

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Consider

if I was an elim and I was panicking would I say that I was panicking??

...Maybe?

IDK bro you haven't been Evil in ages, and given Gorilla slip I sort of don't believe it's out of your range. But I also kind of think you'd panic in doc. But I'm also too dead tired to work this out rn so I'm gonna trust my less sleep-deprived read rather than panic and flop around.

Edited to add:

Well aware of the irony here, but you're also talking to the guy who did a last minute panic CW onto TBB in QF63 to save V!Archer as a Villager so I do these things.

Edited by Kasimir

12 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Flying under the radar doesn’t look great this game.

I should know :ph34r:

Follow up: Lots of people are flying under the radar, so why Elan out of everyone else?

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Follow up: Lots of people are flying under the radar, so why Elan out of everyone else?

I didn’t really like the no-explanation xino vote. I think there was something else, but I had a long day & my brain is kinda dead so idk

@|TJ|, last read on szeth was slight village for pointing out the full elim teams can break out shards, which I think the elims would rather have us ignore untill it is too late. Haven't really seen anything since then to pull me one way or another.

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

@|TJ|, last read on szeth was slight village for pointing out the full elim teams can break out shards, which I think the elims would rather have us ignore untill it is too late. Haven't really seen anything since then to pull me one way or another.

Tbh I do wonder if they want that risk. (They might, but we should make them hurt for it.) Frost's Containment Watch is pretty strong, which is why I low key want us to figure out a way to get Frost in contact with Ruin - as the Shard most likely to be Village and conversion-immune. There's a ? if Ruin wants to Intent Convert, but feels like the best bet here.

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I low key want us to figure out a way to get Frost in contact with Ruin.

How would that work though? I can’t think of any way to get information exclusively to both of them that doesn’t carry a huge risk of catastrophic failure.

Edit: that sentence didn’t need “catastrophic” but it’s a good word so fight me

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes