Okay, I just had a very random thought that is definetly not what was intended but given the world of MLP also has other inteligent species like Griffins and Zebras isn't the term everypony kind of racist? And given how Ponyville dealed with Zecora this isn't even the first instance of racism in the pony society. :ph34r:

Okay, I just had a very random thought that is definetly not what was intended but given the world of MLP also has other inteligent species like Griffins and Zebras isn't the term everypony kind of racist? And given how Ponyville dealed with Zecora this isn't even the first instance of racism in the pony society. :ph34r:

Added fridge horror?

Mules exist in the world of Equestria. Rarity and Twilight Sparkle -frakin' Twilight "Princess of Friendship" Sparkle!- both sue mule's as derogatory example's of things ("Mules are ugly"/"that pony is as stubborn as a mule").

And mules are so used to this, that they don't even blink and just tell everyone they didn't take any offence to it.

Heck, if you want to go really creepy with it... Cows talk; there's an early episode where Sheep talk too. So why does AJ have a farm with them? Why are sheep "rounded up~" by dogs, when you can just ask them to move?

(My explanation is early-installment weirdness, since we haven't seen Mooriella or talking sheep for a few seasons now, and even the mule joke got phased out... but still. Equestria, man.)

Edited by Quiver

Added fridge horror?

Mules exist in the world of Equestria. Rarity and Twilight Sparkle -frakin' Twilight "Princess of Friendship" Sparkle!- both sue mule's as derogatory example's of things ("Mules are ugly"/"that pony is as stubborn as a mule").

And mules are so used to this, that they don't even blink and just tell everyone they didn't take any offence to it.

Heck, if you want to go really creepy with it... Cows talk; there's an early episode where Sheep talk too. So why does AJ have a farm with them? Why are sheep "rounded up~" by dogs, when you can just ask them to move?

(My explanation is early-installment weirdness, since we haven't seen Mooriella or talking sheep for a few seasons now, and even the mule joke got phased out... but still. Equestria, man.)

If one really wants to dig there's more. Like the lost treasure of Griffinstone, the ponies get town and what do they do immediately? Judge their livestyle as wrong and force their own virtues on them. How do they deal with the Yak embassadors? Try to placate them with a mockery of their culture, that shows that the ponies didn't put any actuall effort into actually understanding them (with Pinky Pie being the exception). How do they solve the problem? Parade their superior pony culture.

And even the name Equestria shows that ponies clearly view themselves as the master race.

If one really wants to dig there's more. Like the lost treasure of Griffinstone, the ponies get town and what do they do immediately? Judge their livestyle as wrong and force their own virtues on them. How do they deal with the Yak embassadors? Try to placate them with a mockery of their culture, that shows that the ponies didn't put any actuall effort into actually understanding them (with Pinky Pie being the exception). How do they solve the problem? Parade their superior pony culture.

And even the name Equestria shows that ponies clearly view themselves as the master race.

There are a lot of problems with Equestrian society, but none of those really qualify.

The ponies don't force their virtues on the griffons. The griffons are wallowing in a level of greed that's extremely harmful to themselves and everyone around them--one griffon even abandons Rainbow to die because she's out of money! At the end all they do is convince one griffon that there are kinder, less self-centered ways of thinking. They pretty much just introduced basic morality to the place.

As for the yaks, nowhere is it indicated that the ponies consider themselves superior to them, nor do they make a mockery of anyone. In fact Twilight puts considerable effort into giving then authentic luxuries to remind them of their homeland, but since the yaks sealed off their borders for however-many years, she was forced to work with hopelessly out-of-date info. The final party wasn't meant to prove Equestrian society was superior. It was merely there to prove to the yaks that pony culture was equally unique and beautiful in its own way.

And finally, the convention if naming a country after its inhabitants is hardly indicative of racism. Griffonstone seems to indicate that it's not an uncommon convention on their world, and England was named for similar reasons. ("Angle Land.")

And finally, the convention if naming a country after its inhabitants is hardly indicative of racism. Griffonstone seems to indicate that it's not an uncommon convention on their world, and England was named for similar reasons. ("Angle Land.")

Did my ancestral kinsmen think of themselves as inhabitants of higher dimensions o.O xD

Did my ancestral kinsmen think of themselves as inhabitants of higher dimensions o.O xD

VC144203l.jpg

Puns are very underrated teaching tools.

Sir Pent was one of the cheesiest i've seen, yet still one of the best

S1e19_pyramid_guy.jpg 

...Though seriously, I'm considering doing an MLP/Gravity Fall's crossover story, someone stop me.

Do it...you know it is what the universe requires

Edited by ParadoxSpren

There's precedent for it in the fandom. :ph34r:

welcome_to_gravity_falls__by_theultravio

MLP-mixed-Gravity-Falls-my-little-pony-f

gravity_chaos__by_theultraviolets-d5g95r

"To celebrate their first Summer together as friends, the girls of Canterlot High go on a vacation to the sleepy little town of Gravity Fall's, Oregon. But, despite her friend's insistence that she relax, there is somethign about this place that puts Sunset Shimmer on edge, something that feel's not uncommonly like the magic she used to feel back in Equestria... and the strange, triangle shaped drawing's that no one but her seem's to notice convince her that this is no ordinary town.

And then she finds a Journal..."

My dad is installing a program on all our computers that will give him a list of every site anyone in the house visits. So I get to either tell him about the brony fandom, something he has expressed distaste in, or stop going to any MLP site at home.

So any last minute advice on leaving the brony closet would be very appreciated. 

My dad is installing a program on all our computers that will give him a list of every site anyone in the house visits. So I get to either tell him about the brony fandom, something he has expressed distaste in, or stop going to any MLP site at home.

So any last minute advice on leaving the brony closet would be very appreciated. 

It's time.  Time to print out and wallpaper the house in My Little Pony screenshots.  PONYBOMB THEM ALL!  Muahahahaha!

Huh. Guess I worked myself up over nothing. I talkedoto my dad, and he didn't know what a brony was, so I explained it was a fan of Mlp. He didn't know what Mlp was, so I had to explain that as well. Then he was just confused why I was telling him. So I explained I assumed he would find out and be disgusted, to which he replied with, "well that explains all the pony pictures you have on your computer. I wondered about those."

Then he asked me which episode's he should watch first. I think I'll show him The return of Harmony tomorrow. If I had known this is how my father would.react, I would have told him a long time ago.

Then he asked me which episode's he should watch first. I think I'll show him The return of Harmony tomorrow. If I had known this is how my father would.react, I would have told him a long time ago.

O.o if that had happened to me, my jaw would have dropped faster than

Minor Mistborn/SA spoilers

A full grown Koloss windrunner in Shardplate who had lashed himself upwards and ran out of stormlight