Starspren form the plate for Skybreakers

Frustration

So I've seen a few proposed spren for Skybreakers, generally being Luckspren, or gravitationspren.

I propose however, that Skybreaker plate is made from starspren.

First off consider Highspren, they look like tears in reality, behind which one can see the stars.

Starspren also appear as bright lights in the sky, much like how a passing Skybreaker would

Additionally 

Spoiler

paperstones

Do we see the highspren at all in Words of Radiance? And if so do they look like a comet?

Brandon Sanderson

That's a good question.  That's a good, good question.  I will say this.  The comet spren is important to an order of Knights Radiant.  

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/221/#e6198

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Edited by Frustration

I don’t think so

The other Spren we’ve seen that make armor are small and cooperate to form the armor.

Starspren seem immense and rare.  I doubt hundreds of them could congregate and form armor.

My bet is still gravitationspren 

The “comet Spren” is the Willshaper Spren

1 hour ago, Crucible of Shards said:

I’m pretty sure the comet shaped spren is the one that Ehonai and subsequently Venli bond, namely a Reacher. So, not related to the Skybreakers.

I don't recall Eshonai ever describing Timbre as a comet, more like reflected light. I think that Brandon was talking about the spren that appear as bright lights that move across the sky, like actual comets.

1 hour ago, Marabout said:

I don’t think so

The other Spren we’ve seen that make armor are small and cooperate to form the armor.

Starspren seem immense and rare.  I doubt hundreds of them could congregate and form armor.

Starspren aren't that immense, or overly rare. We see them several times throughout the books.

Edited by Frustration

OB Interlude 3:  “It looked like a small ball of white fire; it gave off little rings of light and trailed a streak behind it.  Like a comet.”

OB Interlude 7:  “The little spren rose from where it had been hiding among the light.  It looked like a comet when it moved,”

21 minutes ago, Marabout said:

OB Interlude 3:  “It looked like a small ball of white fire; it gave off little rings of light and trailed a streak behind it.  Like a comet.”

OB Interlude 7:  “The little spren rose from where it had been hiding among the light.  It looked like a comet when it moved,”

Oathbringer hadn't been published when the WoB was given.

8 minutes ago, Marabout said:

BS didn’t say we had seen the Spren yet.  It’s obviously a light Spren.

No it isn't.

Now, I can see them as a viable option now, but we have starspren, who are pinpricks of light that fly in the night sky, basically the perfect definition of a comet.

I find them more likely.

6 hours ago, Frustration said:
6 hours ago, Crucible of Shards said:

I’m pretty sure the comet shaped spren is the one that Ehonai and subsequently Venli bond, namely a Reacher. So, not related to the Skybreakers.

I don't recall Eshonai ever describing Timbre as a comet, more like reflected light. I think that Brandon was talking about the spren that appear as bright lights that move across the sky, like actual comets.

6 hours ago, Marabout said:

I don’t think so

Starspren aren't that immense, or overly rare. We see them several times throughout the books.

Reflected light is mistspren. Timbre is described as comet-like in RoW:

Eshonai waved her hand as she climbed the central spire of Narak, trying to shoo away the tiny spren. It danced around her head, shedding rings of light from its cometlike form.

-RoW, Interlude 11

Star spren are the size of greatshells and look like meteors. They are described as rare, but this may be because they can only be seen from particular angles (still very uncommon though).

That said, I agree that starspren are the Skybreaker platespren: they match highspren and have unusual properties that mark them as special. However, I think that it only takes one or a few of them to make full Plate, with each ‘star’ forming a single piece.

The comet-like spren is a Willshaper's spren, I think others above already explain it well. There is no point in refusing to accept this.

Was there even a need to make that case? I've already thought that Starsprens, alongside Gravitationspren, were the most commonly named candidate for Skybreaker's plate spren. The fact that the order is named SKYbreakers, Highsprens looks like a crack in the air with stars behind it. Starsprens are visually and thematically the most fitting candidate for Skybreaker's plate spren, so I would even say they are the obvious candidate . And they are not that rare, they are visible every single night on the sky:

It was the time between moons, and so he was lit mostly by the firelight; there was a spray of stars in the sky above. Several of those moved about, the tiny pinpricks of light chasing after one another, zipping around like distant, glowing insects. - WoK ch 40

And even if so, rarity is not an excuse, Jasnah's plate is made out of a rare type of spren, Logicspren.

Fwiw, Starspren are a swarm of pinpricks, not a single spot, since the spots are dotting the carapace of something much bigger and 14-winged and whatnot.

A rare type of spren that appear at night amongst the stars. In the Physical Realm appear as small points of light that chase one another like insects. In Shadesmar, starspren appear as huge, dark, long-necked greatshell-like creatures that are only visible from a certain angle. The have seven sets of wings. It trails clouds behind it, and other clouds cling to its chin giving the appearance of a beard. Pinpricks of light dot the starspren's ashen carapace, which is what is seen in the Physical Realm.[45] They were not imagined into existence by greatshells.[178]